Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would I be a doormat?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Would I be a doormat? Reply with quote

I've recently come back into contact with some gals that I was very close with in school. One, we've jumped right back as if we had never lost touch. I love it. The other...she keeps making plans with us, saying she'll call...and never does. Then, the next week or two, she'll initiate plans again...and not come. Now, this past weekend we were supposed to meet up for coffee, etc. at my house. I made homemade biscotti. I'm an excellent baker, I must say...and these biscotti were heavenly. She...didn't call...didnt' show up. I'm a bit peeved. I mean, I'm willing to get in touch...but, it's like I don't understand why she makes plans if she doesnt' really want to meet up, ya know? It would be different if it weren't her initiating these plans. I initiated them the first couple of times but gave up, decided if she wanted to get together to let her say something. She does, but it's still the same. Now, today I have a message saying that she had some emergency things with the house she is building that couldn't be avoided. I understand, I do...it's just...it's always something. I spent time and money making different kinds of biscotti for this weekend...and it didn't happen. I can't keep doing this, I'm not exactly made of money and I don't need too much junk food laying around. She's apologizing and I dont' want to be a jerk...but then again I am sick of this. What do I do? It's often hard for me to not be blunt...but I don't want to revert to my doormat ways...

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'ld say call her a day or two before you are supposed to get together as a little 'friendly reminder.' If she still doesn't show up, just don't bother. The friendship isn't worth it if she isn't willing to make an effort. I mean if she is busy or something came up, she could at least call.*cough* So do you still have any of that biscotti around? Very Happy
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*runs in*

I heard there was biscotti here....

*out of breath...its a long way from GTKEO to here*

And Kas...next time she initiates getting together, mention going to her house. She can't very well blow you off if you are going to her home.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. Yeah, this time I had the reminder to her on Friday before I left work. She's offering to have it at her house...but she's done it before. I'm leaning towards CNG's attitude...if she'd at least called...

Now...I made almond biscotti dipped in Dove chocolate, cinnamon sugar biscotti with green sugar sprinkles and white chocolate drizzle and double chocolate biscotti also with white chocolate drizzles. These...these look like professional. I'm proud of myself. Cool

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
djmadscribbler
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me you have to evaluate how much your time is worth to you. Do you like this gal enough to put up with this behavior? Is she worth the time investment and also the frustration? If you think so then at least you know what your getting into (lots of broken plans probably Wink ) And if not, then just don't waste your time with her.

But then again, maybe I'm too blunt as well Embarassed
We shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so, DJ. Maybe its because I'm a bitch, but I hate when people blow me off... It drives me absolutely bonkers and I don't bother wasting time on people after that. Then can call my phone a million times a day....I won't answer. Twisted Evil
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, that's my problem. I don't mind chatting via internet with her at all...but if she's going to keep making plans and breaking them...I guess I just don't know how to respond to her in a way that won't piss her off. I probably shouldn't care about pissing her off since I got pretty pissed this weekend...but...I dunno. I usually piss people off the way I phrase things...when I don't mean to.

Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wish I had a camera...I'd be posting pictures of my baked goods...oh god..I'm a dork... Embarassed

colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

Kasdeja wrote:
Now...I made almond biscotti dipped in Dove chocolate, cinnamon sugar biscotti with green sugar sprinkles and white chocolate drizzle and double chocolate biscotti also with white chocolate drizzles. These...these look like professional. I'm proud of myself. Cool
Drool Kas, you are my new hero!!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

If I could send them through the internets...I would!

colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
See, that's my problem. I don't mind chatting via internet with her at all...but if she's going to keep making plans and breaking them...I guess I just don't know how to respond to her in a way that won't piss her off. I probably shouldn't care about pissing her off since I got pretty pissed this weekend...but...I dunno. I usually piss people off the way I phrase things...when I don't mean to.
Just tell her that you have a busy schedual as well and you don't want to make plans if she won't come. And please please please post pictures!! Laughing
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Why haven't they invented teleporters yet!!
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

Duh...put them in the slot under the drink holder...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah!

Sheikh Gomelez
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
I'ld say call her a day or two before you are supposed to get together as a little 'friendly reminder.' If she still doesn't show up, just don't bother. The friendship isn't worth it if she isn't willing to make an effort.

What she said. Smile
And dissension have begun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: