Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0171-"Spanglish" [4/11/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leaven
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about him saying gibberish. In the spring break sucks video when Daniel kept saying Uno Mas Bree said she didn't speak Spanish and neither did Jonas. I think he was just trying to be funny and pretend he was saying something so just spit out random words and sounds.
PinkRanger
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mincartaugh wrote:
Wisi Girl wrote:
rodrigogar wrote:
ok, my first language is spanish, am from venezuela and have been speaking spanish for 24 years now. I CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HELL JONAS IS TRYING TO SAY.
You are not alone!

It is entirely possible that he really is spouting gibberish as Bree alludes to.

Exactly. That's the first thing I thought with the whole "spanglish" title for the video and the fact that I got the impression that he really was just kidding around with it all Smile
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyIsCancer wrote:
They are so setting up Jonas/Bree as a couple.

Heh. I haven't actually seen the vid yet -- just read the transcript (I'm at work and can't get Revver) -- but my reaction to the transcript was, "They are so totally setting Jonas up to be gay."

Misty wrote:
I colud see Bree and Jonas happening, they've already gone for a fish taco, can tube steak be far behind.

Why isn't there a smiley of spitting Coke out one's nose?

Misty wrote:
Of course, I doubt that the Creators would go anywhere near what I'm hoping for:
Bree and Tachyon

Misty, you and I think exactly alike.

Wisi Girl wrote:
Eww, that was such a cute video. Yuck. Can we get back to the essential content, please? .... I mean, look at the first two pages of this thread! He is cute, she is cute, they are cute, that is so sweet, will they hook up, should they hook up....Blah, blah, blah!

Applause Applause Applause

trainer101 wrote:
Some "answers" can be found HERE.

WHOA. Looks like Nikki B has become canon. Otherwise I can't see her providing this kind of information about the characters.

house wrote:
"I'm wantin' Tachy' back...them other girls don't know how to act." Cool

Me thinks it's time to curtail the lonelygirl videos.

On the contrary, I think your daughter has picked exactly the right character to be her role model. Razz

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
When Bree said "You just need a good girlfriend" it sounded like something you would say to a guy you like in hopes he would reveal some kind of desire for a girlfriend. Maybe she likes him. His reaction was kinda a letdown though. He got all defensive.

Which is exactly why I thought the creators were setting him up to be gay.

Aithne wrote:
Tachyon, Brother, and OpAphid are gone
http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8592&start=75

Aw, crap. Evil or Very Mad

I understand why this had to happen -- because of the split with Glenn, who created those characters -- but I'm really unhappy nonetheless. Tachyon was a terrific character.

As I see it, Nikki Bower is going to come in handy for this aspect. The actress (forget her name) is personally friends with the Creators. Thus, she has inner connections and can provide videos with actors and other reliable information. However, she was never declared officially canon. I wonder now if this was some form of foresight on the part of the Creators. This means she is technically fanfiction, and featuring Tachyon, OpAphid, etc. in her videos is technically not a copyright infringement. I think.

Sorry, but no. Nikki/Alli needs to have permission from Glenn, the creator of the characters (and thus the holder of the copyright), to use his creations in her vids. That would be true regardless of whether she were associated with the LG15 Creators or not, but her close association with them just makes it clear that if she uses the characters, she's acting in the Creators' stead.
rodrigogar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkRanger wrote:
mincartaugh wrote:
Wisi Girl wrote:
rodrigogar wrote:
ok, my first language is spanish, am from venezuela and have been speaking spanish for 24 years now. I CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HELL JONAS IS TRYING TO SAY.
You are not alone!

It is entirely possible that he really is spouting gibberish as Bree alludes to.

Exactly. That's the first thing I thought with the whole "spanglish" title for the video and the fact that I got the impression that he really was just kidding around with it all Smile

well, spaniglish is really when you are speaking spanish and add english words, or vice versa. Also if you translate the word wrongly i think, dunno how to describe it:

1) Estaba caminando por la street and i ran into un seņor bien alto.

(i was walking down the street and i ran into a tall guy.)

2) I was told that las muchachas are muy bonitas.

u can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanglish

www.youtube.com/user/rodrigogar

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1110
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
As I see it, Nikki Bower is going to come in handy for this aspect. The actress (forget her name) is personally friends with the Creators. Thus, she has inner connections and can provide videos with actors and other reliable information. However, she was never declared officially canon. I wonder now if this was some form of foresight on the part of the Creators. This means she is technically fanfiction, and featuring Tachyon, OpAphid, etc. in her videos is technically not a copyright infringement. I think.

Sorry, but no. Nikki/Alli needs to have permission from Glenn, the creator of the characters (and thus the holder of the copyright), to use his creations in her vids. That would be true regardless of whether she were associated with the LG15 Creators or not, but her close association with them just makes it clear that if she uses the characters, she's acting in the Creators' stead.

Uhh, I don't know about that. CiW and itscassie are using characters that are technically from the Creators, and no one is suing them. Nikki is perfectly allowed to make videos that include Tachyon and OpAphid.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

Uhh, I don't know about that. CiW and itscassie are using characters that are technically from the Creators, and no one is suing them. Nikki is perfectly allowed to make videos that include Tachyon and OpAphid.

It's a bit complicated. I would say that you're right that Alli wouldn't need permission - posting one's stuff as fanfiction in this particular medium is basically offering it up as open source material. Especially, though, since OpAPHID became an official part of LG15, and LG15 is open source when it comes to allowing fanfiction, Glenn would be very hard-pressed to prevent it.

Heck, for that matter, it was through Glenn himself that Nikki attained her first taste of acknowledgement as something like canon! Refer to this post.

He acknowledged her presence as a real, active character within the realm of the ARG itself.
kwicherbichen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aithne wrote:

Who is Glenn Rubenstein?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Breepop
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwicherbichen wrote:
Aithne wrote:

Who is Glenn Rubenstein?

Former PM for ARG.

Do a serch on "Glenn", explains everything... kinda. Rolling Eyes

[Yeah, my name really is Bree >.>]
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New video time much? -.-
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EternalGoddess
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHH! I've missed so much! I need to stop moving so often! Anyways now that I'm all caught up I am now convinced that they are obviously going for a Danial/Alex pairing and a Jonas/Bree pairing. I think these couples are super cute. This video was so cute and I liked the way the creators are setting up Bree and Jonas's relationship. It's all cute.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

Nikki/Alli needs to have permission from Glenn, the creator of the characters (and thus the holder of the copyright), to use his creations in her vids. That would be true regardless of whether she were associated with the LG15 Creators or not, but her close association with them just makes it clear that if she uses the characters, she's acting in the Creators' stead.

Sorry, but I must disagree. Under copyright law, the person who created a character has the right to decide what is done with that character (unless, of course, the creator makes different arrangements under a valid legal contract -- as is done, for example, in the comic book industry).

CiW and itscassie are, or were, bringing more attention to the main storyline of LG15, so it would be completely contrary to the creators' interest to stop those fanfics/ARGs from using the creators' characters -- at least at this point. But if the creators decided that they wanted to stop the use of those characters, they would have the legal right to do so.

For the same reasons, Nikki is only "perfectly allowed to" do something with Glenn's characters if Glenn decides to allow her to do so. If Glenn and the LG15 Creators have come to an agreement that specifies that the Creators will no longer use the characters Glenn created (which is what it sounds like from the message the Creators posted), then I think the Creators would be on shaky legal ground if they essentially asked Alli/Nikki to act as their sock puppet and make vids using those same characters.

Of course, I don't have inside information about what went on between the Creators and Glenn, or for that matter between the Creators and Alli/Nikki. I presume you don't have any such information either. I'm simply stating my opinion based on an understanding of copyright law.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:

Nikki/Alli needs to have permission from Glenn, the creator of the characters (and thus the holder of the copyright), to use his creations in her vids. That would be true regardless of whether she were associated with the LG15 Creators or not, but her close association with them just makes it clear that if she uses the characters, she's acting in the Creators' stead.

Sorry, but I must disagree. Under copyright law, the person who created a character has the right to decide what is done with that character (unless, of course, the creator makes different arrangements under a valid legal contract -- as is done, for example, in the comic book industry).

What about what I was talking about above, though? The Creators have already made it clear that LG15 is open-source when it comes to fanfiction - and OpAPHID has been an official part of LG15. What's more, Glenn had OpAphid openly speak of Nikki Bower - acknowledging her existence as being in the same universe, and he did so within one of the main aspects of the ARG (the communication with the characters).
badluckprince
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it just me or was te comment about the indians reaching for the alcohol a little stereotypical and racist.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:

What about what I was talking about above, though? The Creators have already made it clear that LG15 is open-source when it comes to fanfiction - and OpAPHID has been an official part of LG15. What's more, Glenn had OpAphid openly speak of Nikki Bower - acknowledging her existence as being in the same universe, and he did so within one of the main aspects of the ARG (the communication with the characters).

I don't think that the points you raised change anything about the legalities of the situation. In fact, the OpAphid/Nikki Bower points merely underscore what I'm saying. If Nikki is in the same universe, then she's no longer fanfic -- she's part of the Official Story. Which implies that the Creators have some control over her actions and the content of her vids, and makes it even less appropriate for her to refer to the characters Glenn created.

Saying LG15 is open-source simply means that the Creators have announced that they will not take action against anyone who uses their characters. But this situation applies only to those characters over which the Creators have legal control.

The legal situation for making OpAPHID the official ARG may have been set up in any number of ways. Speaking in extremely broad terms, though, I'd theorize that one of two basic things happened: either (1) Glenn and the Creators entered into some kind of legal contract or other agreement in which they had the rights to each other's creations, or (2) Glenn and the Creators retained separate rights to their own characters, but agreed that for purposes of LG15 and the Official Spinoffs, they could use each other's creations.

Based on the Creators' announcement, it's clear to me that regardless of what arrangements were made in the past, that setup no longer exists, and the Creators have no legal control over Glenn's characters. Which means that Glenn will be the one to decide who can use Tachy, Oppy, and Brother, and the circumstances in which they can be used.

Glenn may very well decide to let fans continue to use the characters. Or he may not. But it appears that those characters will no longer be part of the Official LG15 Universe. Which, to me, means that Nikki shouldn't be using them either.

Of course, Glenn may have agreed to permit one final reference to explain their disappearance from the storyline. If that's the case, then I have to shake my head over how poorly the explanation was handled. But again, that's merely speculation on my part.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misty wrote:
I colud see Bree and Jonas happening, they've already gone for a fish taco, can tube steak be far behind.
Laughing Misty, this is just gold.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: