Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0109 "Bree's Dad Is Dead" [1/3/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enid
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any theories just a response.

It was a very sad and artful video. I think it was very tasteful considering the turn the story line has taken. I'll go on record that I never needed someone to die to find the series interesting. I've read posts in other vids eluding to that, but for me it is just not the case.
nancymakuhari
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

04SSHD wrote:
I just posted this in the other thread, but I went to the scene of the shooting today and took some video of the area. You guys will not believe what I FOUND!!!

I am editing the vid right now

Oooooooooooooooh... *is interested*
Cherie_Sotta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...
First, as objective as I can be - this video was, indeed, super emo. I don't think anyone needed to apologize for saying it because it's true. Not making a judgement on the emo movement (that makes it sound funnier when I type it out, though! hehe...) but seriously, the waves, the sadness, the pensive shots.... so emo. C'mon, emo lovers, you guys know it's true! Even the layout for Dashboard Confessional's newest album art looked like this video... and he's basically King Emo himself. (sidenote to cover bases: I am a Dashboard fan.) Emo and art can be the same thing (if you are using the literal word "emotional") ... but the emo movement (which I believe this video is a lot like) tries a little *too* hard to be artistic, sometimes. Art is always open for interpretation and this was supposedly an homage to "Bree's Dad" and his death... but, I dunno, seemed like they were trying way too hard. Maybe it's just edited with teenage naievete? Who knows. I didn't really like it, either, I was dissapointed.

Second, "Bree's Dad"? I agree, they could have picked something much more respectful. But through the entire existance of LonelyGirl15, Daniel has referred to Bree's Dad as *exactly* that. Perhaps he made this video without Bree knowing... to suprise her or to try and cheer her up. Daniel does little things like that for Bree a lot. And, as someone pointed out a few pages back, maybe Daniel never knew her dads name. Daniel and Dad had a hard time at the beginning - maybe it always stayed with Daniel and caused him to be a bit more aloof around him. I dunno, it's anyone's guess. Time will tell. I can't tell if Bree's Dad is dead or alive, but I'm really digging this plot advancement.

Third, the helicopters have to be part of the series. The creators have never shoved something down our throats this much. Why would they want to mess with us? It would counteract what they are trying to do. I also live in Los Angeles and am native to it. And as I've posted before... I do *not* see a bunch of them flying around everyday. Especially midday. How incredibly convenient for Bree and Danielbeast to be running away from The Order and all they have to do is just pan up into the air and catch a helicopter above their head to make sure to throw us off. Yeah, there are more in the air here than in a lot of more rural places but this whole "they are just there to mess with you" idea reminds me a lot of a discussion we had a while ago over the video "Back at Bree's" where Laurenesque was swearing vehemently that that Bree's medical pamphlets that were found by Daniel were from the people who lived at the house it was filmed at because they were probably doctors or something... and that it was impossible that anything in that vid could be significant. Bethy, you were one of the most vocal people about this with her - I'm suprised that you're being so adoment about the helicopters even as far as saying that they are appearing only because they happen to be there and with absolutely no other significance to the story is "definitive information"... I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone, all I'm really saying is that it's not cool to try to drive something into our heads as a hard fact that you don't have a lotta proof of, either. It's ALL open for speculation... that's why we like it here, we like to speculate! Smile

My tone is probably way too sassy and now I will be hated, but oh well. Least I can say is, I tried to be careful and I didn't mean to piss anyone off.

/////////
-
//
/
-
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cherie, your avatar rules first of all.
I agree with everything you said except the emo stuff. I'm just at my breaking point with "emo" as a whole and the way it gets flung around loosely and gets applied to almost everything that is dramatic/ artsy/ dark/ etc. I think real emo stuff has the characteristic of actually trying to be/ being emo. That is, it's emo for the sake of being emo, if that makes sense. I think this video would be the same if "emo" didn't exist...so I'm not calling it that. Plus, something dramatic and grave did happen...it's not like they're all wearing eyeliner and cutting themselves for no reason but having angst.

I guess, basically, what I'm getting at is that I'm old...too old for "emo" and I resent when stuff I like gets called that (especially old stuff that existed before "emo"...ooooooh I HATE that the most!! )..like it's being claimed by them or something..like "emos" even invented "emo" anyway.
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they would have uploaded a vid with one of them talking to us about what happened if would have been totally unreal. This in my opinion was good pacing and appropriate, all the way to "in memory of Brees dad"

And as far as the "emo" thing is concerned... whats the problem? Death is emotional.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
And as far as the "emo" thing is concerned... whats the problem? Death is emotional.

Shut up, emo!!

kidding...kidding
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically I'm realllly dissapointed with this video. They can't KNOW he died. They didn't go and listen to him to see if he was still breathing!!! The only way they could KNOW for SURE is if he was shot in the head..And sometimes people live through that..Hehe.
Because even if he was shot in the chest it might not have been a direct shot.
And they should have TALKED in this video. It was dumb that they didn't talk. Even if it was in memory. Make one talking---And explaining and THEN a RIP memory thinger after words. Better yet, make one once you know hes dead for sure. God. =/ This is the first video to get me kinda pissed off. Don't get me wrong, I <3 LG15 but its like..Ugh I don't even know.
-.-
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am bored. I want a new video. I am extremely whiny
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristenjane wrote:
i am bored. I want a new video. I am extremely whiny

Me too this one really dissapointed me.
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and we need something GOOD.
Or explanations or Bree taking off and what she talked to her dad about. SOMETHING/
04SSHD
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Video is ALMOST DONE!!!!
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

04SSHD wrote:

HURRYY! I want to know! It is exciting.
emerrs11
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the first part in the car on the radio the reporter said someone died at whatever mall they were at. i think that silver suv in the movie had to report it. It is so sad Mr. Bree died. The plot is going to get interesting. And now we are going to hear from OpAphid again. I am trying on some new possible therioes. So TTYS (Talk to you soon)

OWEN ROCKS!!!
emerrs11
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

04SSHD wrote:

Ok like OMG!!! When your done post a link because I want to see it soooo bad!!!

OWEN ROCKS!!!
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emerrs11 wrote:
04SSHD wrote:

Ok like OMG!!! When your done post a link because I want to see it soooo bad!!!

OWEN ROCKS!!!

I cannot tell if this is sarcasm... yes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: