Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpA: Adventures in Babysitting [11/26/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassies_Head
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PushedButton wrote:
The reversed audio at the end says 'Listen to your enemy, for God is talking.

Aww, you beat me to it. It's Jewish Proverb if thats important.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
Wow I don't like this for so many reasons.

1) I don't like the idea of these two entities crossing over. We were told we could follow LG15 without concerning ourselves with OpAphid. How can that be now?

2) This particular event makes no sense storywise. If they know where the room is, why not wait until they come back and just grab them then? If Bree and Daniel somehow get tipped off(Gemma?)- they have to leave all their possessions behind including the wildly popular Owen, pmonkey, etc.

3) If they do leave everything behind it seems inevitable that they hook up with Jonas, which is what everyone has predicted!!! Predictable=not good.

I'm not sure what to think.

Regarding #2;
OpAphid is "babysitting" for now , it appears they are just keeping track of her.

I would hypothesize that the Order doesn't need her physically yet, they just want to know where she is so when the time is right , say for a ceremony or something , they can easily grab her. So they are using OpAphid/watchers to keep an eye on her.
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly do not think that you have to follow opaphid to understand LG15. There is no difference in opaphid than lucy or the baldguy, or daniels friends, or her parents, or daniels parents... they are just characters.

If Brees parents posted a video about being kidnapped and you didnt know it, and never watched it... would you notbe able to follow along with brees videos? its the same thing. Either way, within a video or two, bree will post a video about her room being ransacked... then it will follow up as maybe them figuring out that the order did it. it isn't "opaphid did it"

its just the order.

Eh. Just watch bree. You will be just fine.
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsCop wrote:
I never saw P. Monkey when they were jerking the cam around over the bed. Don't know why they'd want P. Monkey, unless they need to do maintenance on the suspected plant? What was in the folder they picked up on top of the book? Did they take that? Also..the only time I can see a hand is when they're thumbing through that book. I tried to see if the hand belonged to a male/female, but it was too blurry.

btw, speaking of wanting P. Monkey, I do NOT know where to look for one. I've looked at Target, nothing. So I googled it. More nothing. Do they still make P. Monkeys?

*disregard all spelling/grammatical errors pls - hectic day already*

I was thinking the same thing! P. Monkey is definently missing in this vid. Is he just not in the shot, or does this have some signifigance... especially since brees parents supposedly left the "note" in pmonkey.

And I agree with the theory that the note is what they were lookin for, especially since they shot bree reading it the the thanksgiving vid.

Oh and I got my P. Monkey at Target, same with my OWen. I was at my local target a few weeks ago and the still had a few of each... As far as I know they are still selling them. Smile

ForeverMourn is my LG15 soulmate. Smile
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shifty wrote:
MrsCop wrote:
I never saw P. Monkey when they were jerking the cam around over the bed. Don't know why they'd want P. Monkey, unless they need to do maintenance on the suspected plant?

Bree took P. Monkey with her on the hike. She talks to him in the beginning of the 'Thanksgiving' video.
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewelybug wrote:
shifty wrote:
MrsCop wrote:
I never saw P. Monkey when they were jerking the cam around over the bed. Don't know why they'd want P. Monkey, unless they need to do maintenance on the suspected plant?

Bree took P. Monkey with her on the hike. She talks to him in the beginning of the 'Thanksgiving' video.

you are right. I just re-watched the thanksgiving vid. Pmonkey is with bree.

ForeverMourn is my LG15 soulmate. Smile
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegawoman wrote:
iamcool wrote:
ermm is she/he stupid, putting a video on the internet of being in the room of someone thats always posting videos on the internet ... its like breaking and entering and putting it on the internet, who would do that?

Daniel did.

Yes this is a problem that I mentioned a couple of times since OpAphid became canon.

Up till now part of the suspension of disbelief we have had to engage in is that Bree's parents and the people who are after her, the Deacons, The Order, etc., are unaware of this website or Youtube or any of the other websites where these videos are posted.

Hence Bree can post a video about sneaking out to a party without worrying about her parents seeing it, or Daniel can post a video about B&E without worrying about Lucy seeing it.

But now that OpAphid is canon that premise is thoroughly compromised. OpAphid is definitely Internet savvy, with their postings on Youtube and in the video responses to this site not to mention the ARGs which are Internet based.

We now have to assume that OpAphid and The Order see everything that Bree, Daniel, Gemma, and now Jonas post. And visa verso.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkybennett wrote:
immortal1 wrote:
Wow I don't like this for so many reasons.

1) I don't like the idea of these two entities crossing over. We were told we could follow LG15 without concerning ourselves with OpAphid. How can that be now?

2) This particular event makes no sense storywise. If they know where the room is, why not wait until they come back and just grab them then? If Bree and Daniel somehow get tipped off(Gemma?)- they have to leave all their possessions behind including the wildly popular Owen, pmonkey, etc.

3) If they do leave everything behind it seems inevitable that they hook up with Jonas, which is what everyone has predicted!!! Predictable=not good.

I'm not sure what to think.

Regarding #2;
OpAphid is "babysitting" for now , it appears they are just keeping track of her.

I would hypothesize that the Order doesn't need her physically yet, they just want to know where she is so when the time is right , say for a ceremony or something , they can easily grab her. So they are using OpAphid/watchers to keep an eye on her.

I would think Watchers would be experts at keeping themselves hidden. They wouldn't allow themselves to be seen in the open. Nor would they publicly show themselves ransacking a hotel room unless they wanted to send a message. If all they were doing was babysitting, there would be no need to acknowledge that's what they were doing.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
Yes this is a problem that I mentioned a couple of times since OpAphid became canon.

Up till now part of the suspension of disbelief we have had to engage in is that Bree's parents and the people who are after her, the Deacons, The Order, etc., are unaware of this website or Youtube or any of the other websites where these videos are posted.

Hence Bree can post a video about sneaking out to a party without worrying about her parents seeing it, or Daniel can post a video about B&E without worrying about Lucy seeing it.

But now that OpAphid is canon that premise is thoroughly compromised. OpAphid is definitely Internet savvy, with their postings on Youtube and in the video responses to this site not to mention the ARGs which are Internet based.

We now have to assume that OpAphid and The Order see everything that Bree, Daniel, Gemma, and now Jonas post. And visa verso.

I never wanted to argue with you on the validity of that subject before simply because the style of the OpAphid videos up to now was so out of the norm that it was difficult to reason whether they were really happening at all or not (in terms of the fictional world), but since this one is presented as realistically as any of Bree or Daniel's videos, I'm willing to address that issue now.

Personally, I always thought the notion that the Order was never supposed to know about Bree's videos was one of the biggest things standing in the way of suspension of disbelief in the first place. Especially what with them possibly having public authority figures involved, and with the fact that her popularity in the fictional world is supposedly quite big, like it is in ours. In that world, after all, this forum really is a fan-made tribute to Bree's videos.

If they didn't know about the videos despite how much attention they lavished upon her and how important she seems to be to them, they would have to be extremely inept. Were they that incompetent, they probably wouldn't be a threat in the first place.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What could they be possibly looking for? Bree and Daniel don't have any secret documents or anything else they could possibly want.
The only thing I could think of which would be at all feasible is the letter Bree's mom left for Bree with the money in P. Monkey. Which she was supposedly reading at the Thanksgiving picnic.

Unless of course they are pervs and were looking for dirty underwear.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of telling a story, I don't think it's unreasonable to accept that some videos are for our eyes only while others can be seen by the various characters. Just as the characters are supposed to interact in their respective chat areas but for them the rest of the forum does not exist.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:

Personally, I always thought the notion that the Order was never supposed to know about Bree's videos was one of the biggest things standing in the way of suspension of disbelief in the first place. Especially what with them possibly having public authority figures involved, and with the fact that her popularity in the fictional world is supposedly quite big, like it is in ours. In that world, after all, this forum really is a fan-made tribute to Bree's videos.

If they didn't know about the videos despite how much attention they lavished upon her and how important she seems to be to them, they would have to be extremely inept. Were they that incompetent, they probably wouldn't be a threat in the first place.

I am not quite clear on whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.
I know that it was a stretch to have to assume that Bree's parents, and the Order were unaware of the videos , and it was debated about even before it was revealed that is was fiction. But it was a necessary suspension of disbelief for the story to make sense. Otherwise when things started getting dangerous then the safest thing for the protagonists to do would be to stop posting v-blogs, or to at least stop posting them publicly, which of course would end the story for us following it on the web.
enigma117
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than the fact that she room is being ransacked, does this video have any meaning? The time - 11:10 - any meaning to that? The pages in the Handbook - some look highlighted - but it is a used book from the motel - any meaning in the highlighted parts?
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did she put a bag over thor?

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
breeislonely
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe this is a stupid question but are these videos part of the plot of the story, or only part of the plot of the game, they are two seperate things only based on the same basic story right? or am i completely wrong and we are to assume that in the world of bree and daniel this all really happened? and if it is part of the actual story then why isn't it on the left side with all the other video's on the main page, i don't understand the opaphid thing competely
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: