Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I've figured it out, they ripped off the plot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are really off track at this point.

My original post was to point out the similarities between the plot of this Bree vs. Carrie YouTube Video Series (which was found a few days ago to be fake) and how it is a ripoff of Shakespeare and a modern re-make of Shakespeare, "Kiss Me Kate" which has the Working name, as Nora Volkovich so kindly pointed out, of "10 Things I Hate from You".

I'm thinking that the guy who played Kate's Father (Kate is the character played by Julianne Stiles) is probably Jeremy Pivens, who I suspect is the actor playing Bree's Dad. That's why his line about "those damn Dawson's River kids" is so relevant, since he said it in one of Bree's Videos. I could be wrong, but it's just a thought. It would be a HUGE clue if it is that way.

Anyway, whoever turned this thread into the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, or some kind of weird version of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures, not only did you go TOTALLY off from what this thread is about, but you're totally way wrong with your theories.

The 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon and B&T Excellent Adventure theories in this thread are about the most stupidest and amateurist guesses I've seen. You would have better guesses if you were blindfolded and throwing Darts at a Balloon on the dartboard, LOLMAO!!!!!
aguy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
aguy wrote:
Thank you for sharing that historical fact with us. Even more proof that Bree has, in fact, gone back in time and impacted history!

She may have gone back further in time than we thought! I just heard we're all evolved from purple monkeys!

Wow, this is getting deep. OK, then, there we have it: Bree is directly responsible for the evolution of mankind by bringing Purple Monkey back so that we could all evolve from him. I'm glad we have that straightened out!
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:
The 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon and B&T Excellent Adventure theories in this thread are about the most stupidest and amateurist guesses I've seen. You would have better guesses if you were blindfolded and throwing Darts at a Balloon on the dartboard, LOLMAO!!!!!

I think the point was, your "theory" didn't really tell us anything. Most stories tie back to the same plotlines. So we were all having a little fun and playing around. Lighten up.
aguy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
Wait, what? I thought she had impacted bowel syndrome. Did I miss something?

Yes -- she impacted the bowels of civilization, not had impacted bowel syndrome.
aguy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Anyway, whoever turned this thread into the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, or some kind of weird version of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures, not only did you go TOTALLY off from what this thread is about, but you're totally way wrong with your theories."

Am I? AM I???? Prove me wrong, then!

(B&T's Excellent Adventures was a great movie, BTW. So thanks for the compliment! Smile )

"The 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon and B&T Excellent Adventure theories in this thread are about the most stupidest and amateurist guesses I've seen."

Stupid? Or so brilliant that you just can't see their truth? Think long and hard about that, my friend. Long and hard.

"You would have better guesses if you were blindfolded and throwing Darts at a Balloon on the dartboard"

Chaos theory. I love it!
crookedrain
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:
That's why his line about "those damn Dawson's River kids" is so relevant, since he said it in one of Bree's Videos. I could be wrong, but it's just a thought. It would be a HUGE clue if it is that way.

In which video did Bree's dad say this? We saw his lower body once but he has never spoken, unless I missed something big.
futurestar12288
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JerseyJohnny"]
My original post was to point out the similarities between the plot of this Bree vs. Carrie YouTube Video Series (which was found a few days ago to be fake) and how it is a ripoff of Shakespeare and a modern re-make of Shakespeare, "Kiss Me Kate" which has the Working name, as Nora Volkovich so kindly pointed out, of "10 Things I Hate from You".

quote]

So to put it plainly....

Shakespeare didnt write Kiss Me Kate.

Kiss Me Kate is a 20th century musical based on Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew, which is what 10 Things I Hate About You is based on.

I hope this clears things up?

~tick...tick...BOOM!
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
aguy wrote:
aguy wrote:

I have now determined that it was, in fact, Bree who coined the phrase, "Let them eat cake!".

Thank you for sharing that historical fact with us. Even more proof that Bree has, in fact, gone back in time and impacted history!

*snarf!* Laughing

aguy wrote:
Nora Volkova wrote:

Yes -- she impacted the bowels of civilization, not had impacted bowel syndrome.

*snarf snarf!* Laughing Laughing

JerseyJohnny wrote:

I'm thinking that the guy who played Kate's Father (Kate is the character played by Julianne Stiles) is probably Jeremy Pivens, who I suspect is the actor playing Bree's Dad. That's why his line about "those damn Dawson's River kids" is so relevant, since he said it in one of Bree's Videos. I could be wrong, but it's just a thought. It would be a HUGE clue if it is that way.

Anyway, whoever turned this thread into the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, or some kind of weird version of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures, not only did you go TOTALLY off from what this thread is about, but you're totally way wrong with your theories.

I just...I dont know how to respond...I cant...formulate an answer....head....exploding....NOW! Shocked

And Nora Volkovitch? What, is she like a Czarina now? Laughing
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:
Nora Volkova wrote:
aguy wrote:
aguy wrote:

I have now determined that it was, in fact, Bree who coined the phrase, "Let them eat cake!".

*snarf!* Laughing

aguy wrote:
Nora Volkova wrote:

JerseyJohnny wrote:

I just...I dont know how to respond...I cant...formulate an answer....head....exploding....NOW! Shocked

That's Anastasia Nora Volkovna Romanova to you, peasant. I can embed more quotes than you -- bring it on.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Nora Volkova wrote:
aguy wrote:
aguy wrote:

*snarf!* Laughing

aguy wrote:
Nora Volkova wrote:

JerseyJohnny wrote:

That's Anastasia Nora Volkovna Romanova to you, peasant. I can embed more quotes than you -- bring it on.

Let's get ready to RUMBBBBLLLEEEEEEEE!

Quote:

Quote:
THIS

Wow. Can this thread go any more off topic? Very Happy
TheDoctorIsIn
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Kate, Shrews, and Plots Reply with quote

Taming of the Shrew is what you mean, not Kiss Me Kate.

Regardless, many modern stories have similar plots to Shakespeare's. And most of his were based on well-known oral tales. There are only a handful of actually different plots around, it's the details that make things different.
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kate, Shrews, and Plots Reply with quote

TheDoctorIsIn wrote:

Regardless, many modern stories have similar plots to Shakespeare's. And most of his were based on well-known oral tales. There are only a handful of actually different plots around, it's the details that make things different.

Whatever, it's the same Shakespeere play whether its Kiss Me Kate or Taming of Kate or whatever.

And there are many, many plots. All you have to do is look at all the Television shows there ahve been HUNDREDS over the years. Think of a show like I Love Luci or Threes Company, each of those shows had so many different unique Plots, and those are only TWO shows. Eight is Enough, Chips, Steinfeld, The Friends - all these are shows with so many different unique plots, it's not "just the detales" that change. One show has 2 couples, another has 2 girls and guy, another has a family w/ 8 kids, another is about a Police Force, another is about 4 random people in NY and another is about 6 random people in NYC. The plots COULD'NT be the same.

Nice try, though! I know we are all anxsious to solve the Riddle, but lets not make blanket statements now like "all plots are the same as Shakespeere".
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Kate, Shrews, and Plots Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:
TheDoctorIsIn wrote:

Whatever, it's the same Shakespeere play whether its Kiss Me Kate or Taming of Kate or whatever.

And there are many, many plots. All you have to do is look at all the Television shows there ahve been HUNDREDS over the years. Think of a show like I Love Luci or Threes Company, each of those shows had so many different unique Plots, and those are only TWO shows. Eight is Enough, Chips, Steinfeld, The Friends - all these are shows with so many different unique plots, it's not "just the detales" that change. One show has 2 couples, another has 2 girls and guy, another has a family w/ 8 kids, another is about a Police Force, another is about 4 random people in NY and another is about 6 random people in NYC. The plots COULD'NT be the same.

Nice try, though! I know we are all anxsious to solve the Riddle, but lets not make blanket statements now like "all plots are the same as Shakespeere".

Uhm, maybe you should read his post, because he didn't say "all plots are the same as Shakespeare".

Rolling Eyes
TheDoctorIsIn
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Kate, Shrews, and Plots Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:
TheDoctorIsIn wrote:

That's not what I said, I was talking about the fact that there are only four archetypal plots: man vs. man, man vs. society, man vs. nature, and man vs. himself. How those plots are used is what makes stories different. When you break things down to their most basic elements, all stories are the same. Even if you go back to the earliest works you will still find the same things.

Take the Galatea story for instance. The Greek sculptor who falls in love with his creation and asks the Gods to give it life. That story, that plot line, has been told a thousand times since it's creation, and yet each telling is different. That's why people paid to see "She's All That" despite having watched "Pretty Woman". It's all in the details.

My comment was meant to say that I thought you were stretching a bit by trying to relate it back to Shakespeare. Especially The Taming of the Shrew which was really more about the older sister than the younger. If you really want to relate these vlogs to the Bard, I'd actually say Hamlet. The young prince (lonelygirl) who is torn between doing what is accepted as right and what (s)he believes to be right. It's all inner turmoil and soul-searching. All's Well that Ends Well would also work, but that's a bit too easy.

As for the shows, you are proving my point. Each of these is different because of the details, the make up of the casts, the locations, etc. And to answer your question about how could they be the same plots despite such different details, think about this: how many of these had an episode that revolved around a surprise birthday party? Exactly.

Oh, and just as a personal note... I wouldn't ever use Chips to try to back up an argument about plot lines... I mean... Erik Estrada?
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:

In Kiss Me Kate, did the main female character go on and on about dozens of esoteric subjects?

In Kiss Me Kate, where her parents Thelemites who are training her to participating in a sex magick ceremony?

In Kiss Me Kate, were there videos with stills from the Manson family murders that lead to real life clues?

YOU PHAIL, SON

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: