Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Order Of Denderah" 10/6/2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinj
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: The month Hethera Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone's found this, I'm relatively new but I've been looking up some stuff that Daniel's been saying (Denderah, Mayflower, Enochian etc etc) For some reason I paid no attention to the Hethera comment. I looked it up and finally after many tries w/ spelling I found this:

http://www.isisnefertari.clara.net/akhet.htm

If you scroll down to the 3rd month it shows the events of 'Hethera'. The Equinox took place for Bree on Sept. 23rd or 24th...I think she just said the weekend I'm not sure if she specified which day. This calendar says its supposed to take place on Sept. 21st (Hethera 5th, the red text and numbers are for our months) anyways on the 12th of October it says:

Heru given Kemet

Set given Deshert
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graverubber wrote:
graverubber wrote:
so, the month of Hethara in the ancient egyptian calendar ends in mid october. remember our 10.12.06 date. Hethara is the month named in honor of Hathoor, also called Het-Het. Denderah is the site of a magnificent temple where Hathoor was worshiped. At the end of Hethara is the Feast of the Three Noble Ladies. then the Month of Koiak begins with the Feast of Sekhmet. Sekhmet is the wrathful form of Hathor. She protects the good and annihilates the wicked. perhaps we'll have to WAIT and see.

was daniel quoting me? i feel like a rock star.

You're a quoted scholar.....that's much better than being a wanted fugitive...

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
plexplex
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think the creators chose a religion at all. They just put in all these cultish clues, and we researched until we found a religion that fit all of them! We, in a way, chose her religion. If we look more into what ceremonies are associated with this religion, maybe we can choose her fate?

What about Bree's Enochian flash cards? The forums definitely didn't come up with that.
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The month Hethera Reply with quote

kinj wrote:
anyways on the 12th of October it says:

Heru given Kemet

Set given Deshert

Kemet is ancient egypian for black soil or the word egypt itself.
Heru was an ancient god of egyptian mythology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heru

So sounds like this ancient god was given egypt on this day.

Set (also spelt Sutekh, Setesh, Seteh) is an ancient god, who was originally the god of the desert

TA DESHERT—The Red Land, the desert surrounding the Nile.
LadyBugGirl
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khjq wrote:
I guess he never noticed that picture of Aleister Crowley hangin on her wall though.......

Well maybe he wouldn't have known who that was. To be honest, I'm 25 and before this whole LG thing I never knew who he was either. The characters in this are supposed to be 16-18. Maybe he doesn't know who Aleister Crowley is and hence he didn't mention that before or in this video.
aleksmakk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we sure he said "a cult" and not "occult"?
mousegirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he said a cult.
He better do something to help her out.

Taylor is Love; Sarah is Love; Spencer is Love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksmakk wrote:
Are we sure he said "a cult" and not "occult"?

You know, I hadn't thought of that. I went back and watched it, and it could be "occult" as well. That's interesting.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The month Hethera Reply with quote

minsky wrote:
kinj wrote:

Heru given Kemet

Set given Deshert

Set (also spelt Sutekh, Setesh, Seteh) is an ancient god, who was originally the god of the desert

And what is SET most noted for being the god of?

::unrelated..nice full moon we have today::

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
arammat
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Not a matter of sides Reply with quote

[quote="graverubber"]
SharpDressedMan wrote:
You know, we have to be very careful as a people on this video, particularly since we're talking about a story with a fringe based religion. If a lot of people jump on the bandwagon that Bree is evil, Daniel is good, and we all start cheering for Daniel to do this and do that resulting in negative feelings towards Bree and her religion, well, I think history speaks for itself there.

The more I think about it, this video is a fork in the road. It's meant to force people to reconsider their loyalties. Do you side with the Daniel or Bree in the outcome of the story. Bree has a religion, she's had it all her life, and regardless of the foundation, it is her religion. Daniel has his own religion, he's likely had it his entire life and based on his beliefs considers Bree to be in a "cult" religion.

So do you side with the one who is trying to "save" Bree from her religion because it doesn't go with his own beliefs, or do you side with Bree and allow her to continue with the ceremony because of her beliefs that she's had all her life? She is only upset with Daniel because he is intolerant of her beliefs.

Persecution based on beliefs is probably the darkest side of our world history. So which side do you choose?

I don't think this is a matter of sides, or even of one religion vs another religion. I think this is about one person being concerned about someone who may be in some kind of danger, or at the very least is in a questionable situation that even she can't or won't explain. I'm a practicing pagan, and there are some definite signals here that tell me that something is wrong with this picture. First, what parents would allow their child to participate in a ceremony that they are not even allowed to attend? Do they even know what the ceremony is? It doesn't seem that even Bree knows what the ceremony is all about, and that is danger signal number two. Another bad sign is when people or "handlers" isolate you from your friends and/or the outside world.

I'm obviously all for freedom of choice in religion, but I would also do all that I could to protect those that I care about from harm. I think that is what Daniel is trying to do. I don't think his goal is to trash anyone's religion.

Tammy
affihq
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really doubt that the ceremony will be the end of everything, I believe the ceremony is really the beginning, and a crazy vlog is going to be posted in leadup to the start of the actual show. Season Premier, maybe.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Not a matter of sides Reply with quote

[quote="arammat"]
graverubber wrote:
SharpDressedMan wrote:
You know, we have to be very careful as a people on this video, particularly since we're talking about a story with a fringe based religion. If a lot of people jump on the bandwagon that Bree is evil, Daniel is good, and we all start cheering for Daniel to do this and do that resulting in negative feelings towards Bree and her religion, well, I think history speaks for itself there.

The more I think about it, this video is a fork in the road. It's meant to force people to reconsider their loyalties. Do you side with the Daniel or Bree in the outcome of the story. Bree has a religion, she's had it all her life, and regardless of the foundation, it is her religion. Daniel has his own religion, he's likely had it his entire life and based on his beliefs considers Bree to be in a "cult" religion.

So do you side with the one who is trying to "save" Bree from her religion because it doesn't go with his own beliefs, or do you side with Bree and allow her to continue with the ceremony because of her beliefs that she's had all her life? She is only upset with Daniel because he is intolerant of her beliefs.

Persecution based on beliefs is probably the darkest side of our world history. So which side do you choose?

I don't think this is a matter of sides, or even of one religion vs another religion. I think this is about one person being concerned about someone who may be in some kind of danger, or at the very least is in a questionable situation that even she can't or won't explain. I'm a practicing pagan, and there are some definite signals here that tell me that something is wrong with this picture. First, what parents would allow their child to participate in a ceremony that they are not even allowed to attend? Do they even know what the ceremony is? It doesn't seem that even Bree knows what the ceremony is all about, and that is danger signal number two. Another bad sign is when people or "handlers" isolate you from your friends and/or the outside world.

I'm obviously all for freedom of choice in religion, but I would also do all that I could to protect those that I care about from harm. I think that is what Daniel is trying to do. I don't think his goal is to trash anyone's religion.

Tammy

An excellent point made by someone not coming from the predominant ethnocentric point of view. Here's one key thing as well...Bree is a minor..
so rite of passage or not...Bree's parents are responsible for what happens to her. "well officer..we let her go..we had no idea what the ceremony was about ".
Doesn't sound very responsible to me...the bodies littering the ash heap of history that trusted people that were prominent religious figures is higher than Everest.

JacksAndDouches
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its anything like the ceremony I went through in my religion, then it should be a piece of cake. I took a couple of tests (one of strength, one of endurance and one of knowledge) and then I drank from a special cup. My parents never went through this because they were legacied in. But by the mid 80s they stopped legacying people so this could be one explanation of their parents not knowing whats happening!
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The month Hethera Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:

As he was the god of the desert, Set was associated with sandstorms, and desert caravans. Due to the extreme hostility of the desert environment, Set was viewed as immensely powerful, and was regarded consequently as the chief god. One of the more common epithets was that he was great of strength, and in one of the Pyramid Texts it states that the king's strength is that of Set.

Set formed part of the Ennead of Heliopolis, as a son of the earth (Geb) and sky (Nut), husband to the fertile land around the Nile (Nephthys), and brother to death (Ausare/Osiris), and life (Isis).

The word for desert, in Egyptian, was Tesherit, which is very similar to the word for red, Tesher (in fact, it has the appearance of a feminine form of the word for red). Consequently, Set became associated with things that were red, including people with red hair, which is not an attribute that Egyptians generally had, and so he became considered to also be a god of foreigners.[citation needed]

More here is anyone is interested

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_%28mythology%29
kinj
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The month Hethera Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
minsky wrote:
kinj wrote:

Heru given Kemet

Set given Deshert

I typed in "set the god of" in yahoo I've gotten mixed responses. One says the god of chaos, one says of storms, then of course deserts. Chaos...that's interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: