Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0065 Life's Not Fair [11/02/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejyav
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quikstrike98 wrote:
Time for Mom and Dad to lose the "scared" and replace it with "righteously pissed off", and tell the Order to shove it. Bree's Mom is apparently so big on Free Will...well, if you're big into Free Will you're also big into telling self-important "religious" leaders to insert into their 4th point of contact.

Threats? Threats are for the Police....and you can pick up a 12 ga. shotgun for only a couple hundred bucks at the local sporting goods store.

Do we really want this though? I mean do we really want off screen characters to resolve the problem?
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with the point made above about bree and how she is easily persuaded. i think that fits with the stereotype of a cult member. intelligence is not a factor; many actual cults have very intelligent members. it does have to do with free choice and the will, ironically what bree's mom has been quoted feeling strongly in of. consider how easily she was persuaded to sneak out. lie to her parents. then when lucy wanted, lie to us and daniel. so the occult aspect is not the subplot to me, it is the struggle for identity and self. which is pretty lonely. Confused
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right jason
the old greek device of "god from machine" is rather unsatisfying
rachelalexis
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericski wrote:
right jason
the old greek device of "god from machine" is rather unsatisfying

Exactly, the deus ex machina is overdone, and would lead to more complaints than anything else. In fact it makes me slightly uncomfortable that we don't see much of the action, but then it makes sense since this is done in the vlog medium that actual events will occur off camera, and be discussed later for our viewing pleasure. But there's of course another reason why it would be unsatisfying in this case.
If I'm being honest with myself as a consumer of this entertainment product, I want her to have to confront this ceremony. Not necessarily do it, but come face to face with what it is, and understand why it's dangerous or scary or what have you, because then I can understand those things about it.
As much as I love the character of Bree and don't want her to go through too much angst and pain (hey, she's a teenager, those come with the territory kiddies,) I know that in order for my curiosity itch to be scratched that eventually she's going to have to be very uncomfortably acquainted with what she's afraid of. And then she has to come back, and spill it all to us!
If she runs away they will catch her, if she tries to leave, they'll hold her, once she thinks she's out, they pull her back in. Why? Because the writers understand that eventually, we need to know what the big deal is.
Otherwise they have disappointed their audience, and their experiment in a new type of entertainment will go down as unfullfilling, and next time people will be more cautious to jump on the bandwagon. So we have to know about this ceremony. And for us to know it, she has to find out herself.
So yes, Bree, life may not be fair, but when you're a character who is created for the entertainment purposes of curious people who research tirelessly to discover your fate, it's not going to be easy to find you happy ending. Because the back and forth is what is so intriguing.

When in doubt, go straight to sex. --Jack Coleman (HRG)
islandlove
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

time for a daniel video....

please.
Steph1636
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was sad, I feel bad for her. Not knowing whether to trust her heart or believe in her religion can be difficult
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadas_baby wrote:
Luv2Skydive wrote:
Predictable......bored. Crying or Very sad

You're right, it is predictable, but it needed to happen. If it didn't, we'd all be complaining that it was weird that she got out of it so easily. At least this will lead to some conflict!

totally agree, some people on here need to practice a little patience. this isn't a freakin movie where everything is going to happen in an hour and a half. geez.
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadas_baby wrote:
minsky wrote:
Magesa wrote:
minsky wrote:
Does she say " my parents want to talk about what happened" or won't talk about what happened ?

She says they won't... And we did learn some new stuff in this one, actually. "They don't have time to get another girl" They did say "girl", didn't they? They don't care about Bree, they care about whatever they're making her do. It obviously isn't Bree. And Gemma and her parents and Daniel are all on Bree's side. And ceremony seems so smart that the "deacons" even have to hide it from the "community" And remember in the driving video, she says that her parent's aren't part of the Order of Denderah, even though she is?

She actually says "there is no time to prepare somone else" but I agree that they don't care what happens to Bree ( the deacons that is) only the ceremony itself.

So if they say they don't have enough time, are we safe to assume that it could be coming up soon? I understand that she's been preparing for a few months, and they couldn't regain that, but it's also possible that it really is coming soon Confused

that's not necessarily true. it could be that she was the chosen one since she was little and so they kind of have to start young and so now that she's reached that age to do the ceremony, she can't back out of it. remember the girl gemma talked about, she was also Bree's age and it seems like they are chosen at a very young age.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started into the lg15 thing midway through the videos and had to catch up. When did they say that Bree had been chosen when she was little? I must have missed that part. I always thought that she had been chosen recently, like after the first couple of videos had aired. Gah!
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejyav wrote:
The question is why don't they have time? What is so important about the date they are doing the ceremony on that it can not be done on another date?

Ever visited Chichen Itza in Mexico? The pyramids there were built so that on a particular day during the year, when the sun comes up, it hits a particular spot in the main pyramid and casts shadows that look like serpents. The same is true with Stonehenge -- on the day of the summer solstice, the sun shines directly through the heart of the structure.

Maybe Bree's religion conducts some similar ritual in which the sun and stars and planets must all be aligned at a certain point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: