Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-Naive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As far as Jules is concerned, the Order never hurt her, while the people opposing the Order attacked on the open street and kidnapped her a few days later.

When did someone opposing the order attack them?
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Luminous wrote:
Where I was going with it, is that Aquarians are ruled by the intention "I know". Which can make us look like we think we know it all. (because we do, right?) This is my take on Lurker, which is why I asked him.

I don't think I know everything, Luminous (I'm usually careful to emphasize that things are my own opinion when I say them; I might slip up from time to time on that, but I know I usually do it out of plain habit if not conscious decision), but I do have opinions on most things, and I'm not afraid to share.

By the way, in case you're still curious, I'm a Leo.

It figures you would show up to try to prove me wrong Rolling Eyes And yes, I am curious - in case you're interested, I just started a thread for discussing our astrological signs.

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10045&highlight=

Ha - Leo - so it's not about knowing, it's about ruling. Well you certainly have your share of fans who say you rule Wink Laughing
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
It figures you would show up to try to prove me wrong Rolling Eyes

I can't tell if you're trying to be funny, but I think you'd show up to explain yourself from your point of view if someone said something like that about you.

Besides, that's not exactly something one can prove to begin with - unless you want to go and count how many debate-related posts I've made, then how many in which I failed to indicate that I was expressing my own opinion and not the universal truth, and then calculate a ratio or a percentage. I don't like doing statistcs, but if I really wanted to prove something, I would have done that.

Luminous wrote:
Ha - Leo - so it's not about knowing, it's about ruling.

I'm interested in ruling nothing.

Luminous wrote:
Well you certainly have your share of fans who say you rule Wink Laughing

Yes, they're sweet people. They're far too good to me.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Luminous wrote:
It figures you would show up to try to prove me wrong Rolling Eyes

I can't tell if you're trying to be funny, but I think you'd show up to explain yourself from your point of view if someone said something like that about you.

Besides, that's not exactly something one can "prove" to begin with - unless you want to go and count how many debate-related posts I've made, then how many in which I failed to indicate that I was expressing my own opinion and not the universal truth, and then calculate a ratio or a percentage. I'm not into statistics, really, but if I really wanted to prove something, I would have done that.

Luminous wrote:
Ha - Leo - so it's not about knowing, it's about ruling.

I'm interested in ruling nothing.

Luminous wrote:
Well you certainly have your share of fans who say you rule Wink Laughing

Yes, they're sweet people. They're far too good to me.

This in depth dissection of my post in order to prove yourself superior is what you do that ruins my experience of posting on any thread you are participating in.

Yes, I was trying to lighten things up between us, and offering an opportunity for us to get to know each other better in a thread that was not already emotionally charged. Yep, you missed the hint.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
This in depth dissection of my post in order to prove yourself superior is what you do that ruins my experience of posting on any thread you are participating in.

After the things you've said in here and these paranoid accusations of a superiority complex (which makes it look like you've got a freakin' desire to find a reason to get on my case), you're being hilariously hypocritical to talk about superiority. You seem to be the one focused on it.

I'm through being polite: Screw you.

If I'm having a discussion, I try to be comprehensive. Forgive me for doing what I personally appreciate others doing when they talk to me, and what's generally filed under "democratic discourse."

If you don't like my debate style and don't like talking to me, then ignore my fucking posts by not reading them and don't respond to them.

Luminous wrote:
Yes, I was trying to lighten things up between us, and offering an opportunity for us to get to know each other better in a thread that was not already emotionally charged. Yep, you missed the hint.

Perhaps being vague in everything from your insults to the extension of your peace offerings has something to do with me missing your hint. If somebody doesn't understand the meaning of what you say - especially after you've been a jerk to them for no fucking reason - perhaps you should consider that just maybe you weren't clear.

Christ, for that matter, why the hell should I have taken it even if I had understood you? I probably would have, but you've been a prick. Maybe when you've done everything in your power to get someone pissed off at you and untrusting of what you have to say, you should resort to a little more clarity.

If you don't like me, Luminous, that's fine. I personally had thought of you as a fair and reasonable person in the past, and never had a problem with you, but whatever. I've gotten enough kindness from others here to not be broken up over some shit like this. I'm annoyed as f**k at you, but you're not breaking my heart.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I may have arrived too late to hand out raspberry lemonade slurpees.

I love Lurker.
Aithne

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:

I love Lurker.
It's never too late for a raspberry lemonade slurpee. most do.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aithne wrote:
consideration wrote:

I love Lurker.
It's never too late for a raspberry lemonade slurpee. most do.
Well, I would like to invite you to share one with me presently! Quite so.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
I love Lurker.

I love you too, Mary. *hug*

I could also use one of those slurpees. Please pour some whiskey in mine, though, if you would.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Pours entire bottle of whiskey in*There you go!
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
*Pours entire bottle of whiskey in*There you go!
Iwish every one would just calm down
And if you don't think I am serious then you can go hang youself
just kidding!

Last edited by robtomorrow on Thu May 10, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
Iwish every one would just calm down
It's all good. Would you like a raspberry lemonade slurpee as well?
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everybody whispering?
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
Lurker wrote:
The "attempts to justify yourself by twisting words" part.

By the way, you're giving me no reason to be polite here, so please be aware that it's taking something of an effort to remain that way.

This may be vague to you, but doubt it's vague to anyone who has been subject to your critical analysis.

I completely disagree, Luminous. Lurker has been entirely reasonable, providing detailed explanations of his thought process. Your posts, OTOH, have contained personal digs and innuendo.

Luminous wrote:

And this statement proves that the problem here is your attitude.

It seems clear to me that Lurker engages in "in depth dissection" of posts that he finds interesting or worthy of intellectual analysis. There's nothing related to "prov[ing himself] superior." On the contrary, he's always careful to keep personal comments out of his posts and to maintain a calm and reasonable tone -- unless he's pushed to the limit. Which he clearly has been in this case.

I feel sorry for you, Luminous. You have a great deal to offer the forum, but it seems that you view reasoned debate of your points as personal attacks. So you're missing out on some of the best parts of the LG15 community.

I've been trying to formulate an end to this post that conveys my hope that you can put your feelings aside and participate in the forum, but I really don't know how to say what I'm thinking and feeling, so I'll stop right here.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Luminous wrote:
Lurker wrote:
The "attempts to justify yourself by twisting words" part.

By the way, you're giving me no reason to be polite here, so please be aware that it's taking something of an effort to remain that way.

This may be vague to you, but doubt it's vague to anyone who has been subject to your critical analysis.

I completely disagree, Luminous. Lurker has been entirely reasonable, providing detailed explanations of his thought process. Your posts, OTOH, have contained personal digs and innuendo.

Certainly you have every right to disagree. Personally, I'm really tired of seeing detailed explanations of the inner workings of his thought processess. For the most part, I bite my tounge and scroll past his lengthy posts. Honestly, I really don't understand why he feels the need to comment on every flippin' post that's made on this forum. He certainly never overlooks an opportunity to correct someone he perceives as being wrong. This is all fine and good. But for me, he's crossed the line in advocating kidnapping and traumatizing a minor. This is a fictional drama for heaven sakes. The writers can turn it into anything they imagine it to be - why on earth encourage and support such an appalling story line. You want to talk about loosing respect for someone - if there was any hope I could respect Lurker at all - I lost it right there. All I can say is thank God he wasn't a neighbor of mine when I was raising my children.

Languorous Lass wrote:
Luminous wrote:

And this statement proves that the problem here is your attitude.

The way Lurker has earned my disrespect is not by dissecting my post, but by dissecting every post he can get his hands on over and over and over - it's painful to me, really. In the time I have been here on the forum, I've seen person after person, who's posting I've enjoyed immensely, discontinue posting because they don't want to be subject to the scrutiny of his "democratic discourse". I realize there are people here who are in awe of this, but I would venture to guess there are just as many if not more of us who are annoyed and frustrated by it. I just happen to be the one who finally lost my cool over it.

Languorous Lass wrote:

It seems clear to me that Lurker engages in "in depth dissection" of posts that he finds interesting or worthy of intellectual analysis. There's nothing related to "prov[ing himself] superior." On the contrary, he's always careful to keep personal comments out of his posts and to maintain a calm and reasonable tone -- unless he's pushed to the limit. Which he clearly has been in this case.

In my opinion, because he feels the need to comment on a large percentage of the posts on the board to either sanction or correct them, and argues relentlessly until he wins his point (very rarely does he conceed) there is certainly an air of trying to prove himself superior.

Languorous Lass wrote:

I feel sorry for you, Luminous.

You don't need to, really.

Languorous Lass wrote:

You have a great deal to offer the forum, but it seems that you view reasoned debate of your points as personal attacks.

No I don't, you're missing the point. I don't see Lurker as a masterful debater at all. I see him as someone who relentlessly harrangues people until he wins his point just because people get tired of having to defend their arguements over a friggin teen angst drama.

Languorous Lass wrote:

So you're missing out on some of the best parts of the LG15 community.

No, actually, I'm not. I enjoy this community immensely. I participate pretty actively, and for the most part, I have a wonderful time here. I definitely don't consider debating with Lurker the best part of my LG15 experience. I avoid it if at all possible.

Languorous Lass wrote:

I've been trying to formulate an end to this post that conveys my hope that you can put your feelings aside and participate in the forum, but I really don't know how to say what I'm thinking and feeling, so I'll stop right here.

Honestly, I really don't understand what you mean by this. In case you haven't noticed, I do participate in the forum.

I'd like to finish this post by saying when it comes to debate and democratic discourse, you, Lass are someone I respect. You have solid opinions, and you support them well. You also don't go overboard. You don't feel the need to respond to every post on the board. You make a point when you have something of substance to offer, and you know when to quit. You don't debate for the pure hell of it, and you don't overwhelm people with your arguements. You make your point, and you allow them to make theirs.

This being said, I fully understand and support the forum policy of attacking ideas, not people. I apologize for stepping out of line on this, and I will do my best not to do it again.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: