Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

katiskooky - New York, New York (discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comments profile: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/?page_id=113&member=11175

Forum profile: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5448

Intersting (or not) the anagram is listed as an occupation in the forum profile.
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"bei allen Kranken findst du mich, und mich sieht man nicht bei ihn sein, dann du solist mich sehen allein. wenn ich steh' bei des Kranken Füssen so wird derselbe sterben müssen, alsdann so nim dich sein nicht an, sichstu mich aber beim Kopfen stahn"

"You will find me with every sick person, and (if) you can't see me next to them, then you have to see me alone (or by myself, the structure in this part is weird). When near the sick feet I stand so will they have to die, so don't accept him (or something similar, it's weird), you will see me standing by the heads"

This kind of German is more poetic that colloquial, and also somewhat dated.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, Inigo.

Babel Fish is tolerating me today. This is how the machine translated it:

"with all patients findst you me, and me one sees being not with him, then you soloist me sees alone if I does not line up ' with the patient feet so the same to die will have, then so nim you its not, sichstu me however with the Kopfen stahn"

Huh? I think your translation makes more sense, though it's still kinda meaningless to me.
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenrySugar wrote:
Weird, Inigo.

Babel Fish is tolerating me today. This is how the machine translated it:

"with all patients findst you me, and me one sees being not with him, then you soloist me sees alone if I does not line up ' with the patient feet so the same to die will have, then so nim you its not, sichstu me however with the Kopfen stahn"

Huh? I think your translation makes more sense, though it's still kinda meaningless to me.

yeah online translators suck. Besides there are a few spelling mistakes and grammar errors.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Researching vervain and found this:

Second paragraph kinda caught my attention.

It is a perennial bearing many small, pale-lilac flowers. The leaves are opposite, and cut into toothed lobes. The plant has no perfume, and is slightly bitter and astringent in taste. The name Vervain is derived from the Celtic ferfaen, from fer (to drive away) and faen (a stone), as the plant was much used for affections of the bladder, especially calculus.

Another derivation is given by some authors from Herba veneris, because of the aphrodisiac qualities attributed to it by the Ancients. Priests used it for sacrifices, and hence the name Herba Sacra. The name Verbena was the classical Roman name for 'altar-plants' in general, and for this species in particular. The druids included it in their lustral water, and magicians and sorcerers employed it largely. It was used in various rites and incantations, and by ambassadors in making leagues.

Bruised, it was worn round the neck as a charm against headaches, and also against snake and other venomous bites as well as for general good luck. It was thought to be good for the sight. Its virtues in all these directions may be due to the legend of its discovery on the Mount of Calvary, where it staunched the wounds of the crucified Saviour. Hence, it is crossed and blessed with a commemorative verse when it is gathered. It must be picked before flowering, and dried promptly.

Canon or not, I'm intrigued.
addmusic3039
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohoho, Godfather death eh?

Once upon a time there was this German fairy tale I think it was about Death coming for a boy but instead he made him a doctor and wealthy...or something..

This is what it translates too if you want a rhyming pattern
"
By every sick man I'll be found,
But none my presence shall espy,
And none save thou know I am by.
When by the patient's feet am 1,
Be sure of this that he must die.
All care is vain, his life is sped,
But if thou see'st me by his head"
JellyFish72
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenrySugar wrote:
Also, there are the words, 'Hated Fre Red Hat' and I don't do anagrams either, so...

Well, it anagrams to 'fathered hatred', 'fathered thread', and 'Father hated red', if that's any help at all.

EDIT: Also 'farther the dead', 'drafted heather', and 'ferret death had' (Sarah! Hide Collossus!).

Last edited by JellyFish72 on Wed May 23, 2007 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

addmusic3039 wrote:

Once upon a time there was this German fairy tale I think it was about Death coming for a boy but instead he made him a doctor and wealthy...or something..

"

Okay, so that's damned creepy.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JellyFish72 wrote:
HenrySugar wrote:
Also, there are the words, 'Hated Fre Red Hat' and I don't do anagrams either, so...

Well, it anagrams to 'fathered hatred', 'fathered thread', and 'Father hated red', if that's any help at all.

EDIT: Also 'farther the dead', 'drafted heather', and 'ferret death had' (Sarah! Hide Collossus!).

Father Death RD?...or Dr? Is Mr.Gone a doctor? lol.
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

addmusic3039 wrote:

"

LOL I was close enough. Are you german?
addmusic3039
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure-but I do know enough things and people to get me where I need to be-

Then again it seems lots of people speak that unspoken language.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the statue is the waving girl in Savannah

http://www.nationalmathtrail.org/Math%20Trail%20Site%20folder%2066/wavinggirlinfopage.html

edited to add that the waving girl doesn't really mesh with the whole "I am the godfather of death" vibe.

odd ...
addmusic3039
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's not the tale of her as much as it is the location?

Maybe there's more to her than that page tells? I have a friend that lives near there, I think I'll give her a call.

Then again-

http://www.nationalmathtrail.org/Math%20Trail%20Site%20folder%2066/wavinggirlproblems.html
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

addmusic3039 wrote:
Maybe it's not the tale of her as much as it is the location?

Maybe there's more to her than that page tells? I have a friend that lives near there, I think I'll give her a call.

Then again-

http://www.nationalmathtrail.org/Math%20Trail%20Site%20folder%2066/wavinggirlproblems.html

math problems - yuck
She is a ghost also:

A Mr. Martus was the keeper of the old lighthouse on Elba Island which helped guide the ships into and out of the port of Savannah; his sister Florence lived there and helped him in what would otherwise have been a pretty lonely life. Their only company was a dog which they always kept.

One day Florence had gone into Savannah for supplies, and while there she met a handsome young sailor from a distant port (some say Greece or Italy), and it was love at first sight. During the few days the sailor had to spend in Savannah, he and Florence saw as much of each other as possible (this was in the 1880's)...he asked her to marry him upon his return to Savannah, then sailed off into the horizon. She never saw him again, but took up the practice of waving her long apron to greet each ship which entered Savannah's harbor. This went on for years, and in all types of weather.

The lighthouse became fully automated in 1931, and Mr. Martus retired; he and his sister moved into the city. The Propellor Club presented Florence a plaque of gratitude and named her "Savannah's Sweetheart" at a testimonial dinner in 1938. Death came to Florence Martus in 1943...but that's not the end of the story.

To this day, on occasion, as ships entering the Savannah River pass the old lighthouse, they are sometimes greeted by a woman (sometimes she only appears as a fluttering cloth) waving an apron and with her dog at her side. A statue of Florence Martus was erected on the Riverfront on River Street in Savannah.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if this is gonna involve math...I dunno. Although I do have a calculator and live fairly close by.
I think that's why this kinda excites me (even though things seem a little sketchy at the moment) If an ARG happens to start on the east coast, I'm all over it. We're due.
I also think I like the fairytale aspect this is leaning towards. Little Red Ridinghood, Godfather Death etc. Grimms Brothers were German.
The waving girl, I have no clue, but I did notice those spectral orbs floating about...OooOOoo...and the ghost story is pretty cool.

But let's look at what we have here so far. A girl (Katherine) post a thread that she saw Bree in her 'church' type building. Bree called to her for help. She weirded out and found this webpage asking what's going on.
She eludes that her and her brother (another Brother?...I'm keeping in mind that 10033 is a NY zip code) are part of the Hymn of One. He wants out and has gone to med school (The Godfather Death tale has a physician protagonist). She's eating health food, doing yoga and getting sick (according to her MySpace, and here I'd like to mention that if this is another 'new girl' I'm out. I don't care how close this is to me).
Mr.Gone tells her to hush. He mentions Maine (she also mentions Maine in her blog), post some pictures of Katherine 'hushing' and then no more.
Mr.Gone has left some little cryptic thingys in his profiles and comments involving fairytales, magic herbs and waving girls...and that's that.

Sounds good, except it involves main characters (which makes me think not-canon)and there isn't a video. Other than that...wow, I sure hope that little girl is okay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The FanFic Lobby All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: