Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0197 - "Oh, The Places You'll Go" [05/24/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:

I think that "she" helped us because we were getting nowhere on our own. Apo figured out the periodic table connection (which "Taylor" also told us was the right way to be thinking), but other than that, we were dead in the water. The Creators had to give us a push in the right direction to keep the story from slowing up.

It's good that she did. In my opinion, the puzzle wasn't too well-crafted. Yes, we got a hint to use the periodic table, but there wasn't anything to suggest counting syllables, until Taylor did. And, the syllable-based solution doesn't have much to do with the odd parsing of the lines and sentences in the note, which most of us were focusing on.

Oh well, with Glenn gone, I guess that's what we'll have to settle for. Or maybe the creators should give a certain Jeromy Barber a call...

In terms of the video, I was disappointed to see that nothing really happened (yet again), but it was good to see the characters revisiting old locations - I just hope that it means that they're going to be tying up old loose ends soon.

Also, is it just me, or does the friendship between Daniel and Jonas seem a little bit frostier than it once was? I used to get this great "buddy vibe" from them - now that vibe is gone, and a little bit of muted hostility is detectable in its place. Maybe it's because of Jonas' interactions with Bree, prior to her disappearance. Anyone else notice this, or am I off base in my interpretation?
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruberic wrote:
The point was that the creators needed to push the story along so soon for a reason. (In the old ARG, we could sit for a couple of days without any real need to push). This tells me that the story NEEDS to continue at a quick pace. Means something is up.

Not necessarily. It could just mean that the Creators realize that we're getting frustrated at the lack of developments in the vids, and also saw that we (not including me -- I'm not a puzzle-solver) weren't getting anywhere with the puzzle, so wanted to keep the level of frustration down.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:

It's good that she did. In my opinion, the puzzle wasn't too well-crafted. Yes, we got a hint to use the periodic table, but there wasn't anything to suggest counting syllables, until Taylor did. And, the syllable-based solution doesn't have much to do with the odd parsing of the lines and sentences in the note, which most of us were focusing on.

I wouldn't normally disagree with TOSG, but I do here. In hindsight, the first line of the note should have given us the clue. The word "I" was missing, and it would have added an extra word and an extra syllable to the line.

Perhaps it would be immodest of me to suggest that if a stronger clue to the use of syllables had been included, I would have solved the puzzle within hours of the note being posted, and that would have made it less enjoyable for those who decided to participate.

TOSG wrote:
Oh well, with Glenn gone, I guess that's what we'll have to settle for. Or maybe the creators should give a certain Jeromy Barber a call...

I actually hope they have given Jeromy a call. The title of the present video almost seems an indication that they have: it is at least a nod to his fine work.
GawainsChallenge
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this! Y'all should just enjoy the ride and stop complaining about where you perceive this thing to be going (or not going). Keep following it as long as it goes on, and judge it whenever all is said and done.

"Behold, sir, this is the blazon of the blemish that I bear on my neck; this is the sign of sore loss that I have suffered there for the cowardice and coveting that I came to there..."
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:

I actually hope they have given Jeromy a call. The title of the present video almost seems an indication that they have: it is at least a nod to his fine work.

Pray
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GawainsChallenge wrote:
I love this! Y'all should just enjoy the ride and stop complaining about where you perceive this thing to be going (or not going). Keep following it as long as it goes on, and judge it whenever all is said and done.

That may be easy for you to say, Gawain, given that you've only been on the forum since Valentine's Day.

Some of us have been hanging around a lot longer, and have stuck by LG15 through some fairly low points. The series appears to be in yet another low point right now. And I think those of us who are getting frustrated are entitled to voice that frustration.
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know if you guys have seen this...but I thought I would put it out there anyways.
Daniel and Jonas are being followed! I took some screen shots but when actually watching the vid it comes clearer...so here ya go Smile

CaptainAwesome
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: the new tri-pod Reply with quote

house wrote:
One usually buys a tripod because they plan to be IN the videos and not have the resources to have another human stand and film. So, Daniel and Jonas, who usually shoot handheld now have a tripod? Why?

I thought the very pointed introduction of the new tri-pod was telling. This is only speculation, but I wonder if we're going to see Daniel and Jonas get taken...leaving the camera-on-tripod to record the events, with an end shot of a black suit walking up to the tripod, at the end, and turning it off. Question

Madisson went out in a similar manner (camera perched on top of the car, so that Madisson and her boy-toy could be shot and we could hear it all).

i like that

but who is madison
CaptainAwesome
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
GawainsChallenge wrote:

That may be easy for you to say, Gawain, given that you've only been on the forum since Valentine's Day.

Some of us have been hanging around a lot longer, and have stuck by LG15 through some fairly low points. The series appears to be in yet another low point right now. And I think those of us who are getting frustrated are entitled to voice that frustration.

I'm intrigued. What are the low points, would you say?
jill2009
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was kind of a cool video. Very much like when a sitcom does a clip show. It didn't advance the plot much but I liked it more than a lot of the recent videos.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Also, is it just me, or does the friendship between Daniel and Jonas seem a little bit frostier than it once was? I used to get this great "buddy vibe" from them - now that vibe is gone, and a little bit of muted hostility is detectable in its place. Maybe it's because of Jonas' interactions with Bree, prior to her disappearance. Anyone else notice this, or am I off base in my interpretation?

I don't think I picked up on anything like that. I watched it again with that in mind but I'm still not detecting it.

Mintgurl wrote:
I really don't know if you guys have seen this...but I thought I would put it out there anyways.
Daniel and Jonas are being followed! I took some screen shots but when actually watching the vid it comes clearer...so here ya go Smile

[img]
[img]

Those circled things don't really stand out to me. I can't tell what they are.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyable!

A nice stroll down memory lane.

I did notice something interesting about Rebecca:

She has a chauffeur, but can't find anyone who will do windows. Typical.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation WHITE FLOWER.
breeislonely
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mintgurl wrote:

i don't think the second one is anyone, it's just light through the trees but i clearly see someone in the area you pointed out in the first screen shot, they even kinda zoom in on it before it completely goes out of the shot, everyone take a look at it, it's kinda creepy looking

edit: opps, i got the screen shots backwards, i fixed my orginial post now Smile

Last edited by breeislonely on Thu May 24, 2007 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
EmiB
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
GawainsChallenge wrote:

Not trying to start something, but...
Just because someone is new to the forum does not mean they haven't watched lg15 from the beginning or haven't been following forum posts.
I find the forum very intimidating!
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
TOSG wrote:

I don't think I picked up on anything like that. I watched it again with that in mind but I'm still not detecting it.

I noticed a change , just because they are both dejected over the loss of Bree.
Usually when one is down the other is up, and the up one tries to help the low one. Now they are both down in the dumps together.

now that I think about it, jonas has had alot of losses, but this is the most dejected I have seen him.
Disclaimer: this is just my opinion, I have not rewatched any videos to prove myself
just my first impressions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: