Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRAINER THANK YOU/GUYS I THINk I KNOW WHY THEY WANT BREE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
balmung480
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: TRAINER THANK YOU/GUYS I THINk I KNOW WHY THEY WANT BREE Reply with quote

OK if you what the last vid by daniel and jonas said that they wanted bree because of her ribosomes and i cant remember where this other part came from but there was a mention of TCC those are 2 different genes in the genetic sequence. When you watch a vid comment by Trainer101 it is an episode from facility J about "The sequence" That is the code that determines how our body works. In the first few seconds of the video they say that a human beings ability to live grow and DIE are written into this sequence. i was thinking perhaps the order wants to shut off the gene that says we can die. I'm not sure what to say about the ribosomes i'll have to do research on that later but try to find evidence in my area of thought. PLZ lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may have this a bit confused, but im pretty sure its correct..

when dna forms, it is made up of nitrogen bases.
In DNA, those bases are ..

Adenine Thymine
Guanine Cytosine

three of these together make up a codon, which is a code for an amino acid. therefore, TCC should simply be an amino acid.

When translation occurs, a copy of the DNA is made to send with the mRNA, so you essentially have an RNA strand.

If we start out with TCC as our DNA strand, then we end up with AGG.
We cannot however have an RNA strand that codes TCC because RNA does not contain Thymine, but instead uses Uracil.

so, in theory, either the amino acid that codes to AGG or TCC will help us.

if we are looking at gene mutations, which i really dont know if we are or not, this could be the affected amino acid.

ETA:

TCC is the DNA code for Serine.
AGG is the RNA translation of that code.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Balmung for the kind words. In light of the recent developments with Lonelygirl15, the Creators have been kind enough to allow the repost of two of my vids to the LG15 mainpage. Cool huh? Very Happy Thanks guys!

Look for "BREE" and "Inside Facility J" in the right hand column. For more info on DNA, RNA and Bree's genetic ties to the Order, check out my YouTube page HERE.

End of shameless self promotion... Smile
gjtko2007
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amino acids huh? Wowsers! Shocked Why do I keep thinking that the Facility J ARG is going to become VERY important over the next few weeks? Question Mr. Green
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pssh. i do all that work.. and you have a video pretty much explaining the first half of my post..

and just to throw it out there.. theres an amino acid that codes to CTT (which looks like TCC).. leucine...

luestone anyone..?
haha. promised someone id share it with you. i dont know how relevent it is but..
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the mid-1990s, embryologist Jacques Cohen pioneered a promising new technique for helping infertile women have children. His technique, known as cytoplasmic transfer, was intended to "rescue" the eggs of infertile women who had undergone repeated, unsuccessful attempts at in vitro fertilization, or IVF. It involved injecting the cytoplasm found inside the eggs of a fertile donor, into the patient's eggs.

When the first baby conceived through cytoplasmic transfer was born in 1997, the press instantly hailed Cohen's technique as yet another technological miracle. But four years later, the real story has proven somewhat more complicated. Last year, Cohen and his colleagues at the Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science of St. Barnabas, a New Jersey fertility clinic, set off alarm bells among bioethicists with the publication of a paper detailing the genetic condition of two the 17 cytoplasmic-transfer babies born through the clinic to date. The embryologists reported that they had endowed the children with extra bits of a special type of genetic material, known as mitochondrial DNA, or mtDNA, which came with the cytoplasm transferred from the donor eggs to the patient's.

That meant the resulting children had three genetic parents: mother, father, and mtDNA donor. It also meant that female children would transmit their unorthodox combination of mitochondrial DNA to their own offspring (mtDNA is passed down only through eggs), with unknown implications. In effect, Cohen had created the first bioengineered babies. As Cohen's group noted, their experiment was "The first case of human [inheritable] genetic modification resulting in normal, healthy children."

From "Designer Babies" by Shannon Brownlee
raigne
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serine is on the pages of written notes in Mr. Bree's notebook.
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raigne wrote:
Serine is on the pages of written notes in Mr. Bree's notebook.

oh snap. Dancing that right there makes me feel like i actually accoplished something..
raigne
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember what else I remember Serine from. I was reading about it after an episode of NUMB3RS. It almost certainly has nothing to do with this, but it plays a major role in how Sarin, a particularly nasty nerve agent, works in the body.

But yeah, excellent research everyone. Makes me feel kinda lazy.
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pssh. and people say you never use the stuff you learn in school.

just look, here we are using out wonderful biology knowledge and the research skills
that im sure we learned from some elementary librarian to help stop a religious cult that may be evil and is trying to force a girl with genetic problems to do a secret ceremony, but not against her free will. (and we learned all about how this cult has the freedom to do this when they taught us about the constitution..)

see kids.. just one more reason to stay in school.
hella
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha dna is my specialty. and he said rybozymes not rybosomes, therse a difference! theyre just rna molecules that act as catalysts and suggest a mechanism for the transition to a nucleic acid based life....ie abiogenesis...as in the start of life without help from a deity, just a completely natural occurence
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you see "serine" in Bree's dad's notebook?

It's a common amino acid - I doubt it's significant.
raigne
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They posted about the serine in the notebook thread.

According to the LGPedia, the two drug pamphlets found in Bree's house were discounted as just random crap belonging to Miles.

I'm wondering if it applies here as the drugs Mr. Bree was using to try and get Bree's blood traits under control. I tried to look it up, and I found Cerebyx mentioned in a huge thing about serine proteinase inhibitors, but nothing specific to the drug itself. I admit I didn't look very hard.

I also found the effects of diabetes mentioned under wiki's Serine article. Zosyn is used to treat diabetes related foot problems. Is it possible that it does it by using serine inhibitors?
SARAHPHOBIA88
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

staticmorning wrote:
pssh. and people say you never use the stuff you learn in school.

just look, here we are using out wonderful biology knowledge and the research skills
that im sure we learned from some elementary librarian to help stop a religious cult that may be evil and is trying to force a girl with genetic problems to do a secret ceremony, but not against her free will. (and we learned all about how this cult has the freedom to do this when they taught us about the constitution..)

see kids.. just one more reason to stay in school.

LOL!

My videos: http://one.revver.com/account/show/SARAHgirl81
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raigne wrote:
They posted about the serine in the notebook thread.

According to the LGPedia, the two drug pamphlets found in Bree's house were discounted as just random crap belonging to Miles.

I'm wondering if it applies here as the drugs Mr. Bree was using to try and get Bree's blood traits under control. I tried to look it up, and I found Cerebyx mentioned in a huge thing about serine proteinase inhibitors, but nothing specific to the drug itself. I admit I didn't look very hard.

I also found the effects of diabetes mentioned under wiki's Serine article. Zosyn is used to treat diabetes related foot problems. Is it possible that it does it by using serine inhibitors?

Serine is present in nearly every protein in the human body, and in the active site of many enzymes. It's a hugely important molecule, biologically speaking. If you're googling serine with various other key words that have come up, you'll probably find tons of stuff. But that's because serine is important in real life, not because it's important in the series.

I'm tired, and I recognize that this post is a little inarticulate. Long story short, I'd be very surprised if serine became significant to the story. Besides, what you guys see as "serine" in the notebook looks more like "serum" to me, which makes way more sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: