Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tonights Chat with Jonas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course you do...because you are mature (or is it just old?)

this is too much fun
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joygasm wrote:
I almost think it is better when the chat is not filled up with people. It seems to work better when there are just a couple of members who are staying in character. The other night when Bree was in there, there was a lot of immaturity. It's really annoying to read the transcripts of it. As much as everyone would like the opportunity to talk with them, some people just don't know how to act. I wish it was a little more organized. I think it should be something that forum members with high rankings should only be allowed to participate in, because they will take it seriously.

i don't think anything to do with post count should come into the equation of who gets to chat. people will scream. BUT, i understand you searching for some kind of way to keep things manageable.

There are ways to keep things under control. For example, if IRC was used for the chats, bad eggs could be handled with ease, and groups of participants could be "muted" in waves so that not everyone talks at once. IRC can handle hundreds if not thousands of participants.

archangelica wrote:
(btw, I don't mind Taig. I know the screenname and actually quite admire the person.)

it really is crazy in here tonight!
tricky-ticky-tavi
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think limiting people in chat b/c they are new is ridiculous. I know this is a very close knit group, but please. This is fun (sometimes, sometimes not) - but this is an open forum that includes everyone - chat should be the same way. Have a little respect for the new kids too. Everyone out there who has 500, 1000, or 1000+ posts had to start out with that first post.

My question is this....What were we talking about??

http://www.bebo.com/tricky-ticky
archangelica
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joygasm wrote:

archangelica wrote:
(btw, I don't mind Taig. I know the screenname and actually quite admire the person.)

it really is crazy in here tonight!

Oh, come on! A few classes, a bit of polishing, and Taig will be a fantastic satirist.

Like I said: I like Taig.

Call me crazy. It's okay, I've been called worse Very Happy

edited: to apologize for the exclaimation point.
I'm actually not sorry, though.

Last edited by archangelica on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Milo...just exactly what is crazy aobut admiring Taig?

My Mom does and she isn't crazy

btw archangelica...you are rising very quickly on my list

Last edited by Taig on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

archangelica wrote:
Taig wrote:
archangelica

Honey....take a breath. A deep cleansing breath. Relax....seriously, I am not being sarcastic or snarky (i love that word)...Just take it easy,say a quiet prayer.

Where was the exclaimation point? I didn't think that I even used a marginally acceptable interrobang in my post. Wink

Quote:
By the way I love your screen name.

Grazi.

Quote:
Now, remind yourself this is just a dumb Internet something or other (Frankly I'm not sure what one should call it).

Yes, I am learning to accept LG15 for what it is, rather than what it is supposed to be.

Quote:
Actually, you kind of gave me a chuckle this afternoon. I am currently dealing with a blind 9 year old who hasn't been able to learn Braille because the fire burned his hands so badly he can't "feel the words". He is "VERY discouraged"also and it is a frustrating experience for him. He kinda feels "second class" as well. So see you aren't alone after all!

Actually, when I wrote the post that was devoured, I detailed my multiple abuses, tragic history, and the times I saw people die or was a victim of a violent crime.

Then I realized how irrelevant it was when replying to someone who is using some poor child's tragic situation as a means to poke fun at a stranger on the internet.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote:
I am curious about one thing in general. Why do people think it is ok to throw a tantrum or rant and rave as long as they say "I apologize for the rant.. If you were really sorry, you should simply edit or delte your post.

I'm not really sorry. I'm just apologizing to the bliss-ninnies who are insistant upon a uptopia in which no Creatortron is ever questioned and all videos are equal. I feel badly when I infringe on their pipe-dream.

Quote:
yet I somehow feel that while I am not sory for this rant my ppost will be edited or dleted.

If ThEy DeLeTe YoU I WiLl QuIt. AlL 14 PoStS!

*DrAmaRamA!*

You had me at "interrobang."
archangelica
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
You had me at "interrobang."

lol. I heart you.
Hannahbee
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, this is the first LG15 thread ever that's ACTUALLY made me laugh out loud. taig, archangelica, TOSG... you're my kinda people Laughing
archangelica
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannahbee wrote:
wow, this is the first LG15 thread ever that's ACTUALLY made me laugh out loud. taig, archangelica, TOSG... you're my kinda people Laughing

grazi, bella.
truncatedslinky
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and what about people on the comment boards? We're not allowed to chat at all, right?

Grrrr....
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truncatedslinky wrote:
Yeah, and what about people on the comment boards? We're not allowed to chat at all, right?

Grrrr....

Hmm? I don't see where this is coming from. An IRC channel would be open to all, just like the current chatroom.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the multi-user chat, I wanna try a single-user chat. That must be the bomb.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
truncatedslinky wrote:

Grrrr....

Hmm? I don't see where this is coming from. An IRC channel would be open to all, just like the current chatroom.

I think it was in reference to joygasm's unfortunate "forum members with high rankings should only be allowed to participate."

I'm sure he/she had a ranking rule for commenters as well, but then realized that counting all the comments made by each commenter in all of the 200+ comment pages would be quite a daunting task.

I say only "suspiciously absent" posters can participate in IC chats. Everyone would create a new account and then the creators might be able to negotiate better ad rates based on inflated registered users.

Very Happy
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A single user chat! It is the ultimate in exclusivity!

Brilliant idea deogol. Unfortunately, your inability to porperly identify the sort of people who deserve such a degree of exclusivity renders you far, far from being qualified to participate in such a noble undertaking.

To ensure that such chats are only avaialable to our kind of people I would suggest that only those from the highest socio-economic and racially acceptable strata of society be permitted to participate. In addition to the imposition of an exohbitant fee and a bona fide geneological background members must also demonstrate their ability to grasp the the highest intellectual and theosophic concepts.
Gidget
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be a touchy topic so I'm kinda scared (lol) but I'll throw in my 2 cents:

Personally I've never been a fan of the LG chat or limited IRC experience I've had. I agree that sometimes more "random" people may be in there that can say off topic, OOC, stupid thing.

I got really annoyed reading the transcripts too. (But limiting who can go in there is out of the question so I wont even comment on that.)

I do think that we do need character interaction and I have determined that theres really 2 types of that:

1) Forums

This is where characters (and IC posters) can talk on a more logical basis. It cuts down on random comments and is way more useful for puzzles and problem solving. The characters seem to use this when they just need to give us an update or a bulletin.

2) Chat

This is more for building character. Its not supposed to move the plot along really, its just to show us a characters mindset. It is rapid response that you don't get on the forum - therefore showing the characters mindset a lot better. For example, Daniel chatted drunk one night after Bree "dumped" him (and it was HILARIOUS) and Bree recently chatted about her confused mental state, and Jonas chatted about how he is lost.

THESE AREN'T MAJOR TOPICS PEOPLE! Its not like we're missing a huge plot point if we aren't directly interacting in chat. I think its cool that it exists in the first place.

Sooooo.....
My superduper opinionated solution/suggestion type thingy:
The creators need to leave the in-depth plot discussion, puzzles, background information, ect in the IC forum section. A lot of us put a lot of time and energy into those posts, and I think it is the most fair place for all people involved. Leave the chats for the type of insight into the characters mind that we've seen recently and nothing more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: