Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ribozymes and Helping Bree Become Trait Negative
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[haether wrote:]
I think we also need to think about what the Order could want with either ribozymes or unique proteins. Are they trying to stop death? Treat diseases? Some other wacky completely nonplausible culty claim based on pop pseudo science?

I hate to say this, but if they just want Bree's DNA (and therefore the coding sequence to create the ribozymes and/or proteins synthetically), can't they just take a sample? What is all this "ceremony" garbage about? Is it like kosher meat--their religion requires it be taken a certain way, but in the end it's still just meat"?

[/quote]

I totally agree. It's hard to speculate what they might actually want though....I mean....it is a crazy cult....they may just want them so they can drink them....lol...who knows.

We can't even begin to guess right now....gotta wait till bree is better I guess.

BTW....is that Watson...as in Watson and Crick?[/quote]
oxdeltaxo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flychiqk wrote:
I totally agree. It's hard to speculate what they might actually want though....I mean....it is a crazy cult....they may just want them so they can drink them....lol...who knows.

We can't even begin to guess right now....gotta wait till bree is better I guess.

lol reminds me of the stem cell episode of south park
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flychiqk wrote:
Haether wrote:

I think we also need to think about what the Order could want with either ribozymes or unique proteins. Are they trying to stop death? Treat diseases? Some other wacky completely nonplausible culty claim based on pop pseudo science?

I hate to say this, but if they just want Bree's DNA (and therefore the coding sequence to create the ribozymes and/or proteins synthetically), can't they just take a sample? What is all this "ceremony" garbage about? Is it like kosher meat--their religion requires it be taken a certain way, but in the end it's still just meat"?

BTW....is that Watson...as in Watson and Crick?

flychick,

From what I understand about genetics (not a whole lot) this whole line of speculation hasn't made much sense. You explained the subject much better than I ever could. You understand this better than most of us. So, I have a question, does it even make any sense that one person would have an over abundance of ribozymes in the first place?

Heather,

You have expressed what I have been thinking. Since we are in character chat lets hope that Daniel and Jonas read this thread and understand what a ridiculous position they are in.
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Robtomorrow wrote:

flychick,

From what I understand about genetics (not a whole lot) this whole line of speculation hasn't made much sense. You explained the subject much better than I ever could. You understand this better than most of us. So, I have a question, does it even make any sense that one person would have an over abundance of ribozymes in the first place?

Does it make sense? I'm not sure. Is it a posiblity. Yes, I believe it is. Every persons body is built to to function with different levels of chemicals, molecules, vitamins, caloric intake ect( within a standard range of deviation of course). So it is quite possible that Bree produces a higher amount of ribozymes than other people. Her threshold for ribozymes on a cellular level must just be very high for that particular ribozyme....or ribozymes....

But...I don't think we are going to find out much about it any time soon...too much 'drama' going on in that house right now. lmbo

~~FLY
Haether
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW....is that Watson...as in Watson and Crick?

yup, probably why the book cost $150 ::cringes::

it's a great book--explains things very well. I recommend it for someone who is studying mol bio.

As for Daniel, you probably should just stick to those of us on the board who actually understand this stuff (as much as can be understood about a understudied subject).

I know there's a lot of...drama...going on now. But remember why you're in this (and you are in this--there's no going back now). I think Bree and Jonas are both vulnerable right now. You're in a position to think clearly. Don't be irrational. Your feelings about Jonas and his actions have to be put aside. Solve the mysteries, worry about a little kissing later. Save your best friend.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, POST THE CONTENTS OF THE @#*$^ NOTEBOOK ON HERE!

it is spelled DEFINITELY
learn it, live it, love it.
kittennicole
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flychiqk wrote:
Actually, it would be difficult to extract the ribozymes themselves because they are so volatile. It is more likey that the HoO are searching for the end product --proteins.

However, if it is infact the riboszymes they are after...then it would not be extremely dangerous if they were able to extract them from her in some way.

When a cell senses that the quantity of a specific ribozyme is below its normal levels, a process of checmical reactions inside the cell would trigger the production of more ribozymes via transcription......so...as long as a cells had enough time to repopulated the ribozymes that had decreased before the next extraction...there would really be no harm to Bree...except...that...it could potentially be painful...ribozymes are not normally let outside of the cell wall or into the blood stream....so that means the HoO would have to get live tissue samples....ewwww

It could very well be the HoO's intention to harvest her ribozymes...But if that was the case...why wouldn't they just make them? The technology is avalible to do so.....and many reports have shown repeated success in producing synthetic ribozymes that function properly.

ummm...did I answer that? lol let me know.

;p
~~FLY

kind of, that is as much as you can. :] more than the average person.
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, POST THE CONTENTS OF THE @#*$^ NOTEBOOK ON HERE!

I totally concur.

In order for us to help you Daniel you have to share your info with us. I know things are crazy right now and I know that you are totally hurt from everything that has been happening with B&J. BUT you HAVE to stay focused. Bree has been brain washed so she is not even close to functioning at full capacity and Jonas just isn't very good with the logical stuff. You've got to get it together and get back in the game. Remember what your end goal is? Keeping Bree (who just happens to be your best friend in the whole world and who loves you very much) safe!!!

I know you are burned out. I know you are tired. I know that its the hardest thing in the world to watch the relationship with your best friend disintegrate into nothing-ness. But you've got to keep going....keep trying...keep pushing forward. Bree is counting on YOU....because when's its all said and done, you have always been her knight in shining armor......and she needs you to rescue her now more than ever.

Hang in there DB.....and remember that we are here to help.......so show us what's in the research notes so that we CAN help.

Stay Strong

~~FLY
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind, Daniel, how you felt after Bree dumped you. You were a mess. Jonas is in that same mess now. Don't trust him to be rational. As always, you'll have to be the rational one. Get him doing something to help, but you stay focused on the real work. Maybe you could have him read the rest of her Dad's letter and display the rest of the notes into the camera while you get down to the nitty gritty. Be the bigger man here and keep the three of you from working at cross purposes.

ETA: I found these two pictures that we haven't yet worked on. Could they be significant?

A new way to read: http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know sacks.....those photos might be pretty helpful actually. I might try to sharpen them later today and see if I can get something clear out of them....or I might do it know because I am am awake...again...lol.

Do you have any more pics of the notebook? I would love to see them if you do. Thanks.

~~FLY
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the rest of my pics are pretty much the standard ones we've seen a bunch of times. I'll repost if you like.

Does that help?
A new way to read: http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg...I've never seen those before....but then again I'm kind of a noob here :p

They are so blurry... do you know if anyone has tried to clean the up?

Also...buy the looks...I can't tell what he has there....is that a disaccharide?

Daniel this woul be so much easier if you just showed us the rest. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Beast Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: