Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make Bree "trait negative"?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: How to make Bree "trait negative"? Reply with quote

If this whole passle of rhybozymes she has is a genetic trait, how are we to take it away? And if it were possible to fiddle with it, wouldn't the Order have just taken measures to make other girls (say, Julie) "trait positive"? It sounds a little, to me, like "Let's make her blue eyed."
Gidget
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you and I don't think theres any real way to do it. Plus if shes trait negative and theres no more Order then what would they make videos about? LOL. If it is ever going to be solved it'd be the finale I say. Doesn't mean we can't have fun trying.

I think the "is it possible" factor is water under the bridge at this point. Its the next story arc, so lets work with what we got. I hope that we can get a look at some more of that stuff in the box and a few more puzzles can come out of it. (even if it doesn't work per se Wink)
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this belongs in Plot Discussion, since Puzzles and Clues is more specifically for decoding cryptic messages, figuring out anagrams and meanings to secret messages, etc.
hella
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt that what brees 'dad' was trying to do? make her trait negative? isnt that what all his biochemistry stuff was for?
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, ribozymes, like most other RNA are directly related to one's own DNA. Though it should be said that DNA is not RNA and vice versa. Ribozymes do not control physical genetic traits...those are controled by your DNA. However, ribozymes can have the ability to 'modify' the way in which a gene is expressed in a cell or in the body.

a genetic trait is, given an sort of 'skeleton outline' by the genes that are specific for that trait. However, The expression of the physical traits, can be great altered by ribozymes because the ribozymes can actually change and modify how the DNA becomes expressed through the protien.

For example, if you have two pairs of genes( one from your mother and on from your father) that are coded in your DNA to give you blue eyes. then you will have blue eyes. but the intensity, and hue can be greaty altered by ribozymes.

Make sense? I put up some info about ribozymes and how the work in the Daniel Beast character forum. It might be more helpful because it goes into much greater depth.

~~FLY
oxdeltaxo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DNA is the blueprint, RNA is the instruction book....I think.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with you, puzzle-solvers? We have a new PM, now is not the time to get lazy.

Listen, I know you guys are still mourning Maddison, and the failure to solve those puzzles kinda took the wind out of your sails, but arise! A new challenge awaits you! Find the puzzle that's in the box!

Go to...I know you all can do it.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a puzzle? Eh?
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are ribozymes actually a puzzle? There is a lot of research about them. I don't think they classify it as a puzzle.

~~FLY
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel seems to think that the goal is to figure out the research that will make Bree test "trait negative." She will then be undesirable for participation in the Ceremony, supposedly.

I don't understand how that will get the Order off of TAAG's backs. I mean, don't TAAG know too much about the Order? The Order appears to have destroyed or captured the Resistance. Why does Daniel believe that they won't still try to do the same to him and the others?
oxdeltaxo
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Daniel seems to think that the goal is to figure out the research that will make Bree test "trait negative." She will then be undesirable for participation in the Ceremony, supposedly.

I don't understand how that will get the Order off of TAAG's backs. I mean, don't TAAG know too much about the Order? The Order appears to have destroyed or captured the Resistance. Why does Daniel believe that they won't still try to do the same to him and the others?

Maybe it's only necessary to temporarily make her trait negative, so that when the order re-tests her she won't be worth the dead weight to keep around. Also it would be a smart idea to do it with out bree knowing, as we still do not know whether she's back to normal. Sorta like faking a drug test by swapping out your urine for someone else's.
megabyte
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oxdeltaxo wrote:
ApotheosisAZ wrote:

Maybe it's only necessary to temporarily make her trait negative, so that when the order re-tests her she won't be worth the dead weight to keep around. Also it would be a smart idea to do it with out bree knowing, as we still do not know whether she's back to normal. Sorta like faking a drug test by swapping out your urine for someone else's.

You ninja posted me
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Apo's asking is why Daniel doesn't seem more concerned that they'll just outright kill them all once Bree's no longer desirable. This is definitely a potential problem.
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Apo, but they seem to keep wanting to come back to making her "trait negative". It might be beneficial for the HoO to think she is trait negative for a while....but I don't think they will continue to take things lightly if Bree continues to try to warn other girls....even if she does become trait negative.

~~FLY

Last edited by flychiqk on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
What Apo's asking is why Daniel doesn't seem more concerned that they'll just outright kill them all once Bree's no longer desirable. This is definitely a potential problem.

Exactly. Only I'm not gonna mention it in character. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: