Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

24 hours @ night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NAXAN
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is...I trust you Sparky remember 3 and 6...you can do it!!!!
lookinginonyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm so confused.. i've tried to use Ubchi for the German note, and then using vodka as the keyword, then using the forwards option.. but nothing..

i've also tried the railfence cipher for the newest note, with 6 rails, 3 offset; 3 rails, six offset; and variations of 36, 18, and 9. nothing.. I'm so confused..
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some base64 code at the end. It decodes to this:

Quote:
From the explosion, rose an explosion of beauty. Trees surrounded by watered stones, to protect from the flying metal. In 1920, a new piece of history for the weathly was constructed. But be careful, our sponsor told us not to get their package mixed up with something called a geocache. I guess they had a big problem before during delieveries, and things got mixed up. The package will be there at their designated time

Did she intercept this from the hog kings?

The problem with these jumble ciphers (columnar transposition, ubchi, skip, railfence) is that they need the exact same spacing preserved, and myspace messes that up. Someone should let E know this.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, preserving the original spacing in the blog (not the quote on this thread) and adding an extra space at the beginning of the last line:
Code:
 da ssyl  iety cIIbcnhtu  e osaeune.bai idtlt la  osentss nkdnot.kI l     e io'toa gy?Iocr dbnt mcnr nmr r ..mee idpeloIe msu eihdlg.l i i
n audfdno etdt uhd sk nleile .ta 'ui buionsmurYyk nu ad
pnua lp eoen
ab tcIih enieetihy  wgwou nh uhtu.m.arItgttetnmurons.e nw' a a.tic clig oeiIwakh  hae,agre nt.Ikoh  otiaeew o '.ht  i ur t mer ..aotty hanwp cetv ud
 n,yhv cIt.fosobe.

Use railfence with 6 rails, 3 offset, you get:
Quote:
Yea yea i know i didn't update at all today.
I slept in as much as you call sleeping in the woods sleeping in.
I walked back into the city.
I think I have a clue, and I figured I need to be in
the city. I don't know though, what do you guys think? I have no clue where it could be. I'm not...that smart. I can't figure it out numbers turn into more numbers...more numbers....

I think she's talking about the base 64 code I posted above, which was in her blog at the end. This is most likely the new hiding place of the treasure/secret/paperwork.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="deagol"]There's some base64 code at the end. It decodes to this:

Quote:
From the explosion, rose an explosion of beauty. Trees surrounded by watered stones, to protect from the flying metal. In 1920, a new piece of history for the weathly was constructed. But be careful, our sponsor told us not to get their package mixed up with something called a geocache. I guess they had a big problem before during delieveries, and things got mixed up. The package will be there at their designated time

http://www.hydrostonemarket.ca/MainPages/History.html
From the ashes of the catastrophic Halifax Explosion, which shattered the City’s North End on 6 December 1917, rose the Hydrostone District, a splendid example of an English-style garden suburb. Completed in 1920, this well-preserved neighbourhood was designed according to the most-up-to-date yet practical principles of town planning. The buildings, all variations on the same architectural theme and all constructed with “Hydro-Stone” concrete blocks, are aesthetically arranged along each side of wide treed courts. The houses and landscape contribute to a remarkable sense of time and place. The neighbourhood is an important achievement by the influential town planner Thomas Adams

deagol wrote:
Did she intercept this from the hog kings?.

Brick wall

deagol wrote:
The problem with these jumble ciphers (columnar transposition, ubchi, skip, railfence) is that they need the exact same spacing preserved, and myspace messes that up. Someone should let E know this.

I will send her an email. Laughing
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it is part of the information that she retrieved from her house when she went back and took stuff.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking there is a courtyard at the hydrostone market .
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
I think that it is part of the information that she retrieved from her house when she went back and took stuff.

I think you are right!
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:

Well, I doubt she transcribed all of those 15+ thousand characters of "MzAg and MzEg" from a bunch of papers, so she must have gotten it from a digital source in his computer.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Ziola wrote:

Well, I doubt she transcribed all of those 15+ thousand characters of "MzAg and MzEg" from a bunch of papers, so she must have gotten it from a digital source in his computer.
Shocked
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since they referenced a geocache (they must have paid attention to the great geocache incident during Op Laughing ), I looked up known Geocache's in Nova Scotia.

http://www.brillig.com/geocaching/nova_scotia.shtml
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Ziola wrote:

Perhaps she also took computer disks...or had the time to copy some of his computer files?
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Well, since they referenced a geocache (they must have paid attention to the great geocache incident during Op Laughing ), I looked up known Geocache's in Nova Scotia.

Are there any near that Hydrostone District in Halifax?
NAXAN
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not from our current year, that I couls see...
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Ziola wrote:

Are there any near that Hydrostone District in Halifax?

This is the closest that I could find on that website. And its a geodash, not a geocache (whatever that means).

http://geodashing.gpsgames.org/cgi-bin/dp.pl?dp=GD72-FUUZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The FanFic Lobby All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: