Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0211 - Everybody does it ;) [6/13/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkRanger
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welll in my opinion, although at first I was quick to jump on the omgjonasandbreehadsex train, the more I think about it..the more I think that it was all merely Sarah's interpretation based on what she had seen and knows. I really can't imagine that Jonas would actually tell Sarah that yes in fact him and Bree had sex AND on top of that, that it was his first time (as noted in the vid description). However, Jonas could have confided in Daniel who in turn passed the info onto Sarah...but I find it hard to believe that Jonas would tell Daniel something so personal as that and especially since I'm sure Daniel wouldn't be too pleased to hear it all. So, I'm leaning towards this is all mere speculation and we'll probably get a vid from Jonas denying it all. Or who knows, it would be nice to be surprised Very Happy
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Bree will go Bree on Sarah when she gets back..

HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THAT I HAD SEX WITH JONAS WHEN OBVIOUSLY I AM A LOYAL VOCALIST IN THE HYMN OF ONE CHOIR WITH A STRONG AND UNTAINTED PURITY BOND.
Sheqinah
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazman2087 wrote:
i had to watch this vid twice before i actually heard what i was about, and return from thinking that Sarah was a slut. Sarah obviously has disassociated the ideas of love and sex. She also has deep unresolved issues with her dad leaving, and also must now associate love with pain, because the only product she has known from love is pain.

said that, just differently. Fade to page 10

Quote:
Sheqinah wrote:
I am not a Sarah fan and this video does not help. But I do see the developement for where her POV is coming from. There is pain behind her choices and seeing Jonas hurting is triggering her own sense of values which is rooted in her parents breakup.

Now that I review it. I think you said it better.

Fade to shadows
Sheqinah
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curiousGeorge wrote:
OK, so obviously I find this video horrid. Tasteless and raunchy.

The c's are trying to use the salacious titles and content to pump up YT eyeball counts in advance of the KM launch. They are leveraging the fact that the majority of these eyeballs are adolescent boys who's wet dream is to interact with a girl like Sarah. (Yeah, like THAT'S gonna happen...)

They can't write themselves outta the mess they are in, so they have to resort to this crap to regain their YT crown as most subscribed. It would be bad for them if the YT ratings continued to tank in advance of the launch. These guys are so damm transparent when it comes to this stuff...

Boring and trite.

Think I think you are hitting on something I yet can put to words.
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no, the video is about sex! NOBODY in the HISTORY of entertainment has EVER wanted to hear about sex -- gimmie a break, this video was AWESOME! Go Sarah!
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say sex one more time. It makes me giggle.

[I'm ready for a new video now...]
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watermelonhead wrote:
oh no, the video is about sex! NOBODY in the HISTORY of entertainment has EVER wanted to hear about sex -- gimmie a break, this video was AWESOME! Go Sarah!

Not everyone is down on Sarah, or the vid. In fact, most of the earlier pages are praising both.

Curious George...you should change your name to Mikey...you never like anything.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, guess which topic I am staying well away from? Laughing But I might have to skirt the edges. Though I'm not sure I have anything new to add here on the 17th page.

After reading forum and rewatching, this slips into the character background category. It's a vid much more about Sarah and who she is as a character than anything else going on.

Several things we learn:
- Sarah's actually disturbed by Jonas's tortured state. I think that it's not just her cleverly trying to snap Jonus out of his mood. She seems genuinely disturbed at a male showing love feelings towards another female, and she doesn't handle it well.
She's attached herself to Danny boy, a nice, safe person for her who does the sarcastic banter and is as guarded as she is & doesn't show her his emotions and love (wonder how she'll handle it if/when he does?!?), and actually is uncomfortable that Jonas is able to be openly happy/sad about his feelings.
I think in her mind it's "he's a boy and they don't care so what the hell is he acting like he does" (maybe a hangover fromt he recent mom/dad split?) balanced with "I've been hurt by love and can't handle it, Jonas you're being naieve if you think there are happy endings, showing your feelings makes you look stupid".

- She's young enough emotionally to not understand how a) this was a particularly mean and hurtful video to make, considering that she has no idea really what was going on between B & J;
b) that she is trying to make the emotional responses 'all about her' by telling J how he should be feeling instead of offering sympathy or help; and
c) that she cannot understand that Jonas is confidant and comfortable enough with himself that he is open about his happiness and his loss.
If she's not mature enough to be empathic instead of identifying Jonas's feelings and ridiculing them (even if and maybe especially because she does it though the medium of a 'poor me' example), then it makes the rest of some of the things she says (the posturing, sarcasm, explicitness, etc) make a lot more sense. Which actually redeems her to me in a weird way - I can remind myself she is a perfect eg of an emo teenager, and do I really expect anything different from her?

- When she talks about 'we need you to think'... I can see several motivational possibilities. Is she saying this because she actually cares about Bree and the Order? Does she say this because she knows this is what's important to Danny, and therefore important to her? Does she say this because she's further making fun of Jonas?

All in all, I was kind of hoping for a bit more of the serious Sarah, because that's the one I like and who I think could be an awesome character to the story. I see it more in her blog entries than videos though, she seems like 2 different people sometimes. Honestly, the "I'm such Hot Stuff" Sarah get's me pretty annoyed, I keep waiting for her to grow up and say or do something useful.

Phew!

That's just how I feel, anyway =)

Sorry to be so anti-Sarah today guys! I guess you can tell this vid didn't do it for me Confused
Lauren
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Sarah's character. In between all of the talk about sex in this video, she really revealed a lot of emotion, and as much as she tries to hide her feelings through rebellious acts, she cares a lot about what's going on. And what really interests me is how much she's affected by Jonas' feelings right now and how she wants to find Bree. There was a point in this video when she seemed really upset, when explaining to Jonas that his "puppy love" isn't helping to find Bree. She seemed really hurt, which is interesting...

I can't wait until they get Bree back. I'm tired of all of this nonsense with Bree missing/running away/being kidnapped/etc., and I'd also REALLY like to see Bree and Sarah do a video together for some reason.
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i second that, I LUVVVVVV SARAH!!! lol i cant help it i luv her attitude lol which might puzzle some ppl, lol but i luv it its hiolarious
aboriginalgangster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricky-ticky-tavi wrote:
aboriginalgangster wrote:
Sheqinah wrote:
aboriginalgangster wrote:
Just because she views sex a different way doesn't make her promiscuous. I don't think that's a very fair label.

I do, however, think she is just showing off and it's kind of pathetic. "Hey look at me, I have a lot of sex, I realize that it's possible to have sex without emotional attachment and I enjoy it when I do. And boy do I love sex! It's so cool, it's the best thing ever! Emotions are for WIMPS! I'm so grown up and mature! please like me."

Promiscuous: Characterized by frequent and indiscrimanate changes of one's sexual partners, unchaste, mixed up, jumbled confused

The opposite of promiscuous is being pure and selective.

I dunno, but she sounds like she fits the term 'promiscuous' to me.

I agree with the rest of your post and think it is insightful.

That's what "slut" means, too, and they both have equally negative connotations. It's because people think when a woman is promiscuous it's a bad thing. I don't believe that's the case. And who says she's being indiscriminate about the partners she chooses? All she says is she has sex a lot, she never said she doesn't care who with. For all we know she's only had a couple of partners. And for all we know she does genuinely like the people she has had sex with, she just doesn't love them or want relationships with them.

Although, I do think that we will see her change with Daniel. I think he'll do her good and show her that love doesn't have to end badly.

ETA (I keep doing that): I also see a distinct possibility of her intentionally avoiding making emotional connections to the people she has sex with because she's afraid of being hurt. She was probably hurt in the past and doesn't want to go through that again. That's what I meant by my last sentence. I think she's going to figure out that what you get out of love outweighs the risk of being hurt.

I am a girl - let's get that stated up front. And no, a woman being sexual is not a bad thing. It's a teenage girl who goes on video everytime she can and talks about sex, masturbation, and all of the places she has had sex --- that's the wrong part. While i am happy that you are joining in for free sex for women, you just misunderstood my point. As far as her being indescriminate in partner choice or not- i have no idea. However in my judgement of the information i have received here it is:

She is a teenager, she's not married, and she packed up and left w/ complete strangers. Does it sound like she has a highschool sweetheart back home whom she has sex with? Even her sister has called her a "slut".

What does your being a girl have to do with it? And she is clearly talking about sex all the time because she thinks it makes her cool. She's obviously insecure and just wants people to like her.

She was a cheerleader. She could have been a sweetheart BEFORE her father left. It has been alluded to that she started being "emo" (I don't like that word, but that's what they used) after her father left. This behavior is probably new, and she's probably going to outgrow it as soon as she realizes that rejecting emotional attachment is really lame.

Sheqinah wrote:
I do not like Sarah's character because she is promoting sexual promiscuity as if it is just a pleasure seeking rite. No value is placed on emotional or social or any other consequences of free love. In fact she denies it as her character is in denial about her own pain in regards to her parents. I see this is a symptom of a broken person protectign herself and avoiding her own pain rather than a judgement of her as a person in the end.

That is precisely why I DO like her. I have met people like that and I feel they have a lot of growing up to do. I think we're going to see Sarah grow up a bit. I don't think she's necessarily in denial, I think she is compensating for being hurt by detaching herself emotionally because she thinks that will solve everything. People that have had a big loss may think like this temporarily, but they eventually realize that emotions are GOOD.

And I don't see anything wrong with just having sex for fun. I don't do that, for sure, but I don't see anything wrong with my friends that do. So long as they're being safe and careful and don't regret it later.

ETA: The reason why I don't like it when people call her a slut or skank is because it is DEROGATORY. Why don't you want to accept that? Why is calling her a skank over a slut any more accurate or less insulting? Calling a gay person a "f**" would be technically correct if you read the definition, but it is also offensive. Same with that ever controversial N-word.

ETA some more stuff as I read the rest of the thread:
sack36 wrote:

It amuses me that people who condemn others for thinking poorly of Sarah for her "sexual freedom" are willing to comdemn people for the words they use. Before we had "sexual freedom" we had "freedom of speech".

To quote someone who mistakenly accused me of this, "They're just character. Get over it."

I don't think we should ban any words, however I do think we shouldn't be so careless with how we use words and the effect those words have on people. In the right context, even the most offensive word can lose its power. But I think you shouldn't forget that before both sexual freedom and freedom of speech, we had the concepts of "judge not lest ye be judged" and "do unto others as you would have done unto you." Which, even though I am NOT a Christian, are common ideas to many philosophies and major religions and are, unfortunately, ideas that most people have thrown out the door in favor of saying and doing whatever you want, no matter who you hurt in the process.
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't have time to read the entire thread, but was anyone else struck by Sarah's repetition of the word FUN? Remember the Hymn of One is FUN!!! Is this supposed to mean something?
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, it means the Hymn of One is sex. On the kitchen counter. And the dining room table. And the washing machine. And the shower.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Hymn of One is actually a secret sex society??? Can someone remind me WHY we are trying to prevent Bree from joining??
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because we'd never get a video of the ceremony. Can you imagine how it'd be to know that, after 12 months, she did the ceremony, but you don't get to see it because the video would be rated NC-17?

So we'd much rather not have her do the ceremony, and meet Sarah on the washing machine instead.

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: