Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This should go without saying...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepBlueRug wrote:

The problem I have with this is the "creators" have lied in the past, and as I've seen you quote many times "TINAG". So which one do you, or are we to believe? If the position is so evident, make it clear.

You have just expressed the reason why it impossible to give you a definitive answer. If the Creators have lied in the past, why should you trust anything they have told the mods? Why should we be privileged?
DeepBlueRug
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
DeepBlueRug wrote:

The problem I have with this is the "creators" have lied in the past, and as I've seen you quote many times "TINAG". So which one do you, or are we to believe? If the position is so evident, make it clear.

You have just expressed the reason why it impossible to give you a definitive answer. If the Creators have lied in the past, why should you trust anything they have told the mods? Why should we be privileged?

Why is it treated as fact?
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepBlueRug wrote:

What would it take for you to accept something from the Creators as being 100% factual?
DeepBlueRug
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something more than "wait for the commercial".
slacker
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The facts as the moderators know them have been given. Several people are making it very clear that any attempt to convince people that we are telling you the truth as we know it is futile. I don't see a point in arguing about it any further.

People will believe what they want to believe. If anyone seriously thinks that because the Creators say you shouldn't do something that it's some kind of clue or indirect hint to go against their wishes, you are fools. It's time to take a step back and look around you and do a serious reality check.
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slacker wrote:
People will believe what they want to believe. If anyone seriously thinks that because the Creators say you shouldn't do something that it's some kind of clue or indirect hint to go against their wishes, you are fools.

I think you mods are missing the point. Forget the house. No one is going near the house. No one cares about the house any more. WE've (that's everyone talking, not the lurkers) settled on accepting that there will be certain restrictions put in place some times, such as not trespassing, etc. In that strain, we've simply asked to be CLEARLY & POLITELY informed if our talk gets out of bounds. Not ushered out the door, or have threads locked or edited, etc. If we get herded like cattle, espcially by a shill, a lot of people will get flustered -- that's been demonstrated already.

A number of us have shown some restraint and responsibility in where the conversations and general suggested actions go. I would hope that counts for something.

THE REAL ISSUE AT HAND goes to the fact of distrust. Distrust of the LG15creators (notice the small 'c') and by proxy, distrust of the mods. The distrust of the mods is something that can be remedied. But by being heavy handed and changing the subject...
slacker wrote:
People will believe what they want to believe. If anyone seriously thinks that because the Creators say you shouldn't do something that it's some kind of clue or indirect hint to go against their wishes, you are fools.

you're not making this dialogue any easier.

Last edited by bosquelito on Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
DeepBlueRug wrote:

What would it take for you to accept something from the Creators as being 100% factual?

I think an ADMIN post about serious "questions" would resolve a lot of furrowed brows. I don't imagine that will always be possible, thus why there exist moderators.

That's where my previous comment about the "high awareness" attitude of the mods comes into play. Fine, good, you guys don't know any more than we do. You may see more of what's going on, so perhaps have a sense of wanting to direct things or ideas, and make the matter-of-fact statements. Well, that's where the complaints begin to arise. I hope that you guys and gals (mods) understand this. That is the source of the frustration.

We just want to feel that if you are going to be moderators, that you are not "leading" us or "controlling" us and our discussions or imaginations. A few of us are over here and not at "Anchor Cove" for just that reason.

We welcome input and sharing and the fun we've had with you guys/gals. So, can't we all just get along?
slacker
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito wrote:
slacker wrote:

I think you mods are missing the point. Forget the house. No one is going near the house. No one cares about the house any more. WE've (that's everyone talking, not the lurkers) settled on accepting that there will be certain restrictions put in place some times, such as not trespassing, etc. In that strain, we've simply asked to be CLEARLY & POLITELY informed if our talk gets out of bounds. Not ushered out the door, or have threads locked or edited, etc. If we get herded like cattle, espcially by a shill, a lot of people will get flustered -- that's been demonstrated already.

This is a well-made point. I don't think anyone is ushering anyone out the door at this point but there are frustrations. I am glad to hear yours made so clear.

Quote:
THE REAL ISSUE AT HAND goes to the fact of distrust. Distrust of the LG15creators (notice the small 'c') and by proxy, distrust of the mods. The distrust of the mods is something that can be remedied. But by being heavy handed and changing the subject...
slacker wrote:

you're not making this dialogue any easier.

I didn't think I was changing the subject, but point taken. Thanks for your honest response to this. It has helped clear up some things for me.
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad. I'm just the type who tends to step in the middle of arguments

Very Happy
calphilips
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Honesty Reply with quote

What are the thoughts on the benefits that finding the House has had? Keeping in mind that efforts have been made to keep Privacy?
I speak in regard to whether of not the discussions generated by the Discovery have had a net positive, or negative effect?
slacker
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Honesty Reply with quote

I should think that you are smart enough to know that the finding of the house has had absolutely no benefit to anyone here. The only good thing that might come of it is that we will agree to some boundaries so that no private citizens are annoyed, hurt, or arrested.
calphilips wrote:
What are the thoughts on the benefits that finding the House has had? Keeping in mind that efforts have been made to keep Privacy?
I speak in regard to whether of not the discussions generated by the Discovery have had a net positive, or negative effect?

Last edited by slacker on Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

short term: negative
long term: can be positive

I believe it all revolves around how the viewers and players and mods and creators learn to exist together.
calphilips
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I should think that you are smart enough to know that the finding of the house has had absolutely no benefit to anyone here. The only good thing that might come of it is that we will agree to some boundaries so that no private citizens are annoyed, hurt, or arrested. "

Ahh.. dialogue. Let's keep it civil. First, let me say, that the intent of the Creators was that off-shoot plots could be created as well, certainly you are familiar with their MTV interview, or was that a hoax?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8a2axH1M-Y

Realizing that spoofs and alternate storylines would and could be created, I should think that using Locations similar to the Creators would lend a deal of credibility. Like say, the "grassy knoll"..
slacker
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calphilips wrote:
Realizing that spoofs and alternate storylines would and could be created, I should think that using Locations similar to the Creators would lend a deal of credibility. Like say, the "grassy knoll"..

So what is your point?
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To what purpose would a fan response video need to add "credibility" by using "authentic" locations?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: