Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jonas' emo-mail 06/13/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matsie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nieriel.Manwathiel wrote:
but..
beating dead horses is an LG15 pastime!!
join in!

uh, why does he have to be wailing on THAT part of the horse's anatomy?

insult to injury much?

I've been floating around so many theories in my head it's ridiculous. Most aren't fully developed. I've just found that the mythology of LG15 is very fluid and what was a certainty at one point probably won't be for very long and I've been debating whether that's a flaw or strongpoint.
justsomebody
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because that whole jonas email storyline seemed very pointless unless it was part of something bigger, I'm going to say that there is a ruse of some sort involved.
Jonas hasn't been on the computer for a while, I think (too busy chopping wood) so he may not know that daniel says he apologized.

or he does know, and that's part of the point. He may have gone somewhere, and Daniel & co are carrying on, pretending Jonas was still around. Kinda like how the vids in the resistance hideout acted as if bree, jonas and daniel were together- but we all knew that Jess was not with Yousef and Jackson. we were meant to believe thay were, but Bree never had screentime in the boys vids, and vice versa.
bianca23
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email from Jonas was not a puzzle. It was just a email from a guy who was/is upset and confused. That's why he made grammar mistakes and spelled words wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. So just forget this email I would say and go chase chickens haha

lessthan3_Mischa
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bianca23 wrote:
The email from Jonas was not a puzzle. It was just a email from a guy who was/is upset and confused. That's why he made grammar mistakes and spelled words wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. So just forget this email I would say and go chase chickens haha

But if it truly holds no importance why would Taylor post it on the boards at all? It seems like that would be a waste of time, throw us all off the plot, and just make Jonas mad at her for no reason.
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems like a lot of stuff is a waste of time anymore.
first this, which we bust our asses over.. just to find out theres nothing at all there..

then the barcode, which the C's happily solved FOR US.. even though its been proven we can do it..

what next..?
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? How did the C's solve the bar code for us? I don't understand.
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lessthan3_Mischa wrote:
bianca23 wrote:

But if it truly holds no importance why would Taylor post it on the boards at all? It seems like that would be a waste of time, throw us all off the plot, and just make Jonas mad at her for no reason.

Taylor posted it at our urging. Also, it did quite a bit to enhance our viewing experience. Because she posted it, the forum exploded. Accusations were being flung everywhere. It sounded like world war three in here! It brought more vitriol from the characters which escalated on the forum until I was ready to forget I ever watched Lonely Girl. In desperation, I posted a "please make peace" message that I think triggered some sort of release in everyone. Soon we were all talking civil again and the TAAG got together and made amends. It's the first time I've seen the videos so closely mirror the forums. I didn't hear a single "I'm bored!" out of anyone for nearly a week. It gave me a glimpse into how closely the Creators watch our postings; that was something I had been worried about.

I really don't think there is anything to it other than the amazing week of war it engendered.
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have a few thoughts to get out.

First of all, I like the recent activity the characters have brought to the IC threads, chats, and myspace. It makes the characters seem real again, and makes us all feel like friends of theirs rather than fans. Which was originally part of the appeal of LG15 but then it was a little lost for a while.

However, I still think something about this whole e-mail is very strange. Maybe it was just the way it was solved so awkwardly. I mean, first it was this huge deal to the characters and then we just get a message from Daniel like "yeah Jonas said sorry and we said it's okay so let's find Bree weeeeeee!" Didn't Daniel and the others realize how unlike Jonas it was? When was the last time Jonas was mean? Yes, he's expressive of his anger and feelings, but never in such a direct and insulting way. And then Taylor basically called him out on it, justifiably, yes - but after all that he responded by simply apologizing and admitting he was wrong? JEEZE THAT NEVER HAPPENS. Haven't the Creators been to high school? Sheesh! lol. But seriously, it was all just really awkward - like they opened up this huge drama and then realized how much it sucked, so they just killed it off. But it could have been something bigger than silly teenage drama. It could have had a twist. And I just don't get why it ended like that. It was ..awkward.
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garnet wrote:
Huh? How did the C's solve the bar code for us? I don't understand.

they could have just let us figure out what the bar code meant.. but instead, they just had taylor do it for us.
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first post...
impulse wrote:
I know....but I decided to decode it anyway.

Taylor said it was "Royal Dutch TPG Post something-something State Barcode", which is actually the Royal Dutch TPG Post KIX-4 State Barcode

I found the decoding table (on the Ctan website)

it gives:

72INT0KTNHT

Verification using http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/generator/

So we get 72INT0KTNHT. Unfortunately it doesn't look like something that could be postal code according to

http://www.neodynamic.com/barcodes/Royal_TPG_Post_KIX_4_State_Barcode.aspx

So I don't know how Taylor got Wyman Foundation in San Diego from that but I guess she's definitely smarter than me. So we all agree this was a fucking stupid clue. Rolling Eyes

replies...
impulse wrote:
Lurker wrote:
Keep in mind, though, impulse that there's nothing in our reality they could have attached the code to. Within the fictional world, it all probably matches up fine.

Dammit! You're right, I didn't check the fictional world! Brick wall I'm going in....

*slips into fictionality*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: