Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT mod discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HyeMew
Moderator


Joined: 08 Sep 2006
Posts: 797

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its funny that longlostposter is complaining about flamers when they are one themself. Just check out the "Why?" thread in this category in which they attacked me completely unprovoked on page 3.
_________________
Check out: Funniest LG15-related episode... ever?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ6kBdNegfs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah


Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 3175
Location: Snoresville, Baby.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
I think its funny that longlostposter is complaining about flamers when they are one themself. Just check out the "Why?" thread in this category in which they attacked me completely unprovoked on page 3.


Comments from Moderators attacking the character of regular users on this board is in contravention of the guidelines for moderators.

My complaints about HyeMew's inability to follow those guidelines remained private to the Administrator of the forum when I was moderating here. That time is over.

HyeMew is allowed to remain a moderator at this site, yet all available evidence demonstrates that he doesn't actually do any moderating here.

Moderators here typically set an example for the regular users. Sadly, HyeMew never has. I call for his removal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danielle
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 09 Oct 2006
Posts: 1248

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for someone to start taking my incharacter posts at a literal level. Wink

Uh, that will be all for now. Because I have a feeling this thread is about to start getting hella serious.
_________________
<DTayl> actually i'm the bad sister
<DTayl> i drink, i stay out too late, i swear, i'm mean, i spend too much money and i got a tattoo
<DTayl> Laura turned 9
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HyeMew
Moderator


Joined: 08 Sep 2006
Posts: 797

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!*

Head for the hills!
_________________
Check out: Funniest LG15-related episode... ever?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ6kBdNegfs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Absynth
Devoted Fan


Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 523
Location: Undisclosed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
I'm waiting for someone to start taking my incharacter posts at a literal level. Wink

Uh, that will be all for now. Because I have a feeling this thread is about to start getting hella serious.


hehe it wouldnt be the first time it happened to someone on this site. id say 99% of my posts are in character, and i know since im not speaking most of the time, my sarcasm doestnt convey over to the text so i pissed alot of people off. not that i care a whole lot, i lurk now, just dont post a whole lot. but when i did, my opinion was usually contradictory to alot of folks, and people would yell at me for being mean.
ive been playing ARGs for 6 years (see my sig)
people are always gonna be like that, its hard for alot to understand what we say, but i know the feeling.
and ya, this thread is about to get too serious for me, im outtie before the fit hits the shan.
_________________
The Truth Is Out There, Trust No One
Taylor Fanclub, Caught the Wish, Saved a Husband
Believed in The Year Zero,
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah


Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 3175
Location: Snoresville, Baby.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
*DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!*

Head for the hills!


An interesting response. HyeMew, clearly having read my concern above, has pointed out that it may be drama.

Perhaps that is all that it is. However, his duty here as a Moderator at the forum would have been to contact another Moderator to address my concern. In essence, he is confirming my previous post by demonstrating that he is incapable of following moderator guidelines.
_________________
Official Jester of the LG15 Defense Force!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 934

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
HyeMew wrote:
*DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!* *DRAMA ALERT!*

Head for the hills!


An interesting response. HyeMew, clearly having read my concern above, has pointed out that it may be drama.

Perhaps that is all that it is. However, his duty here as a Moderator at the forum would have been to contact another Moderator to address my concern. In essence, he is confirming my previous post by demonstrating that he is incapable of following moderator guidelines.


HeyMew is a moderator? wow
_________________
I know I'm an acquired taste: I'm anchovies. And not everyone wants those hairy little things. If I was potato chips, I could go more places. -Tori Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 07 Oct 2006
Posts: 1484
Location: Stalked by Flautapantera.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
HyeMew wrote:
I think its funny that longlostposter is complaining about flamers when they are one themself. Just check out the "Why?" thread in this category in which they attacked me completely unprovoked on page 3.


Comments from Moderators attacking the character of regular users on this board is in contravention of the guidelines for moderators.

My complaints about HyeMew's inability to follow those guidelines remained private to the Administrator of the forum when I was moderating here. That time is over.

HyeMew is allowed to remain a moderator at this site, yet all available evidence demonstrates that he doesn't actually do any moderating here.

Moderators here typically set an example for the regular users. Sadly, HyeMew never has. I call for his removal.


I Call as well being a member of the forum.
_________________
Long live LG15.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Broken Kid
Site Admin


Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Posts: 5276

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split this out from LLP's complaint post. There's been a lot of complaints lately. Seems this happens every time people feel there's a lull in the action in the story.

I ask people please, if you feel a moderator is behaving inappropriately, bring it to my attention. I've addressed issues with Apo before, and I will reiterate my position: I stand behind the moderators. Not blindly, mind you. If someone does not follow the guidelines, they will be warned and informed about the problem. When this has been necessary with any mod, they've always been quick to understand, even if they don't agree.

Remember, we are all fans, even the moderators. Sometimes we speak as fans. If you feel a moderator behaves inappropriately, however, contact me. Thanks!

ETA: If you do contact me, please cite examples. Link to posts and explain why you feel something was inappropriate. This would be very helpful. Thanks!
_________________
President of the Owen Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah


Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 3175
Location: Snoresville, Baby.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BK, you wrote this message so that I and others who have a problem will contact you when there is an issue with a moderator. You also point out that I have brought these issues to your attention before.

You also wrote the guidelines for moderators.

I see him failing to follow your instructions. The result of bringing it to your attention is that he gets a warning, and then he repeatedly returns and contravenes your instructions. Suggesting that he has understood these past warnings doesn't jibe with his post today.

Also, the wording of your response indicates that I might be attacking moderators. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, on a couple of recent occasions, I have stood up for them.

Not here. HyeMew and Juli have a long time feud. It doesn't matter which one of them is in the wrong. HyeMew is supposedly a Moderator at this site. He needs to behave in accordance with the rules.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyeMew
Moderator


Joined: 08 Sep 2006
Posts: 797

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just state that I am completely confused at this groundswell movement against me for reasons I can't fully understand. I can only assume that those calling for this did not read the Why? thread where it all began. I started it and on page 3 LLP out of nowhere unfairly maligned me. I find this to be unbecoming for a member to be attacking a moderator, but as such I took the high road.
It was not until this new thread where LLP had the gaul to complain about flamers and peoples' reactions to them when in fact they have been displaying flamer behaviour for quite some kind.

As has been mentioned before, LLP has long had an axe to grind with me due to my not having been 100% supportive of the direction the LG15 series has taken in the last many months. I got many attacking and angry PMs from them months ago out of nowhere slandering me as a "Benedict Arnold" of the phorum and other such angry attacks. I'm sorry that you don't like how as a moderator I've not had 100% positive views on everything that has ever happened in the series, but I think most people can understand that especially after this past week where many were angered at what has recently happened that one does not have to like everything that happens to be a fan. In fact, one cannot expect to like everything that happens, and my criticism came from a love and concern for the characters. If one never points out where they think a series is going wrong, then there is not a chance that it will ever be fixed. Maybe we don't share the same opinion and you think everything has always been fine in the Breeniverse, but that is your opinion and should respect mine too.

However, I do understand that some do not think moderators should comment negatively on any aspect of the show. While I disagree, and think the moderators more than anyone should help the Creators along in advising and helping them correct problems and mistakes, I respected it by not having made a single critical comment here for the past two months or so. I couldn't keep my mouth shut for this past week, but I was certainly not alone and I think the latest disturbing turn the series took needed to be discussed. I never said anything about LLP nor directed any ill comments to them, and suddenly out of nowhere they attack me. What a surprise. Instead of attacking back, as moderator I stayed above the fray and did not make any sort of retort. Then LLP had the gaul to turn around and complain about flamers and how people react to them when they clearly have (on numerous occassions) behaved in just this way. I had to say something, it being like salt in a wound I was still trying to heal while remaining quiet.

I'd like those who are calling for my ouster to tell me (or not- as this thread just deserves to die) what I should have done or how I should have reacted. Especially you Apo, as a former moderator and a leader of the anti-me coalition, how could I have handled things differently to have appeased you? Was my remaining quiet in the Why? thread not enough for you? Should I have instead posted something agreeing 100% with LLP's attack on me, since apparently moderators are not only supposed to agree with everything that happens but also remain so neutral that not even blatant attacks on them cannot be answered in even the most benign of ways?

All I have to say is I think my reaction of not doing anything and just turning the other cheek was the most anyone could have asked for, and the fact I did that and am yet still being called for removal indicates a deeper problem not with me but with my detractors.
_________________
Check out: Funniest LG15-related episode... ever?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ6kBdNegfs


Last edited by HyeMew on Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 07 Oct 2006
Posts: 1484
Location: Stalked by Flautapantera.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure u been told about why i did hyemew, due to somethings that changed suddenly.
_________________
Long live LG15.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah


Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 3175
Location: Snoresville, Baby.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
Especially you Apo, as a former moderator, how could I have handled things differently as to have appeased you?


You could have followed the guidelines and contacted another Moderator to examine the issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah


Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 4732
Location: Halifax NS Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the biggest issue is that people have a hard time understand why exactly you are a moderator still.

It is not that you abuse your power, it just you do not reflect what the common idea of what a moderator on this forum is. It's not that you complain about the show a lot, it's the fact that you do so in an attacking manner. And when people begin to debate it with you, you begin to word things in an even more attacking manner.

I think that is the biggest issue. I really just believe it's a matter of the fact that people have a hard time viewing you as moderator material, and have for a while now.

Now i'm not sure what the moderator guidelines are per say, I'm just stating this from what I feel, and what I've discussed with fellow forum-ites.
_________________
kelly

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Posts: 2237
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
...where LLP had the gaul to complain about flamers and peoples' reactions to them when in fact they..

Them? They? Why do you say that?
_________________
"Have you uff da'd today?" - Broken Kid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP