Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canon character posts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Canon character posts Reply with quote

I don't know if this is actually possible, but I think it'd be great to have some way to know if a canon character has posted on a thread recently.

It's kind of tedious to read through page after page of forum threads looking for some kind of response, and it's no less tedious to go to each individual characters profile and search their posts.

Maybe if there was some other type of icon, like instead of or , there could be like a so we know to check that forum or that thread for plot advancing information.
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I had made a suggestion to have a place where someone could link to where a canon character has posted important information. I actually like your idea much much better.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, this would be awesome.
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I believe there is a problem with this particular application in doing that. It is a fairly limited app.
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dug around a little but haven't found any phpBB add-ons (they're called mods) that do that. The problem, anyway, would be that if a character posts, it would change, but as soon as someone responded (which happens almost simultaneously), it would change back. So it probably wouldn't be much good...
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is what you want exactly, but there are threads in each of the in-character sections with a link to the profile of the character and their posts thus far. You'd have to go to each section and click on the "So-and-so's posts" thread...but if this seems tedious or isn't exactly what you mean, either we can make a post somewhere with the links to all of the character's profiles or, if I'm wayyy off, please rephrase and I'll try to get it right. Smile

ETA: Trout for me.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Gidget
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You totally read my mind with this thread. I was just thinking today that because the story has become more interactive, it would be a great idea to have like a transcript of all character interactions here, in the chat, and anywhere else. For example, today Daniel explained a lot of stuff, and a lot of his feelings about Bree, and that was all important to the story (but thank goodness it wasn't a filler vid) so it needs to be presented so more people can see it.

I think that the best solution is to make the LGPedia more in depth. I know that it is separate from the forum so I don't know how much control we have. But I think it would be great to have like a newsfeed of everything CANNON that happend that day. Kind of like a time line. I know that the blogspot tries to do that now, but theres some (no offense) spamming of fan ARGS and videos, and its more of a community then a factual reference.

So I propose adding a news feed area to the LGPedia with links to posts. It could easily fit into the "Latest Developments" area in between the video announcements. I know I go there all the time.

I would be happy to help update it if this was made possible. I'm pretty good with websites and HTML, but I've never really gotten into the LGPedia - and I also didn't want to step on any body's toes by proposing to change something.
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gidget that sounds great. The LGpedia is totally fan run too. So if you you know a way to make that happen, we should just give it a shot and see what happens.

PM me if you want to discuss some specifics.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway to subscriber to individual posters? Say for example you could subscribe to danielbeast, everytime he posts you'd receive a copy of it via email. That would function similar to a feed.

Better question and I know it's been suggested before, why not just give each character their own blog? It doesn't even have to be off site. It would solve so many problems.
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are 2 fantastic ideas. As far as I know, neither one is available now. It would be pretty cool to have a canon character blog.

A character could make a post when they have something important to talk about. And everyone, including the canon characters, could post a response to that post. But only Canon Characters could start new posts.

That would save us from having to go into 5 different forums and wading through a ton of threads that have no canon character interaction, and it would make it 1097375923923084 times easier to go back and see what has been done in the past.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version of phpBB allows subscriptions to topics and forums and also allows the "friending" of users, which allows you to easily view new posts from your friends. This will work well with the characters!

An upgrade will be in the works!
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: