Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Is Isaac Gilman?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hockeygurl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
Libra wrote:
Research Scientists are people with Ph.D's and years of experience. You can't have that by 22.

I concur.

Unless you are brilliant and doing it supersecretly.

Yep, that's Taylor of course! Very Happy
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hockeygurl wrote:
cbizzle44 wrote:
if I were a super secret scientist, i would DEFINATELY put it on my youtube profile.
no question.

lol!

lmao!! yeah its canon, its kinda like doing this

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
cbizzle44
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
hockeygurl wrote:
cbizzle44 wrote:
if I were a super secret scientist, i would DEFINATELY put it on my youtube profile.
no question.

lol!

lmao!! yeah its canon, its kinda like doing this

hahahahahahhaha
some people can't keep their mouths closed...

oh, it's what you do to me

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=clarazzle44- in a youtubian world
ArgenteumAstrum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to everyone saying..."22 year old!", have you ever heard of a genius? a protégé? graduating early? DOOGIE HOWSIER!

c'mon now...think about it.
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doogie Howsier was a character.

I complained because I know that in reality you can't be a scientist at the age of 22. It takes a lot of work and many years of research. Many.

I was kinda hoping for an older character scientist type. Not some "genius" who had connections or whatever and is now a "scientist" at Neutrogena.
rabbitvswolves
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skunkwaffle wrote:
with Neutrogena as I understand it.

You're good Smile

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=isaacgilman
ArgenteumAstrum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libra wrote:
Doogie Howsier was a character.

I complained because I know that in reality you can't be a scientist at the age of 22. It takes a lot of work and many years of research. Many.

I was kinda hoping for an older character scientist type. Not some "genius" who had connections or whatever and is now a "scientist" at Neutrogena.

duh. doogie howsier was a character. this..is..a..show. *which also contains characters* and, in reality...THIS WOULDN'T BE HAPPENING.
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sack36 wrote:
I don't know why it's so hard to think 22 for scientist. One of my nephews was hired as a programmer for Nortons at age 16; and another at 18. My father was accepted at Notre Dame at 15. My uncle got his PHD in physics at 25 and none of these were considered particularly astounding phenomena in my family. 22 is a bit young for research scientist, but not overly so, and they'd want him young enough to fit well with the group.

Libra Wrote:

It's hard because I am 22. And I did research. I've tried to apply for jobs in research, and the people hiring want YEARS of experience, not someone young who will "fit in well with the group".

At least in biology, Research Scientists are people with Ph.D's and years of experience. You can't have that by 22.

I've heard of programmers being hired young. But not scientists.

Really guys its not that difficult. It is possible to have a Ph.D at 22. think about it. If you graduate highscool at 14 or 15 it can definitely be done. There are many people all over the world who are accomplishing degrees at very young ages. PhD's do not take a million years to accomplish and if the person is intelligent, naturally scientifically minded, and has good guidance from teachers and professors anything is possible.
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArgenteumAstrum wrote:

duh. doogie howsier was a character. this..is..a..show. *which also contains characters* and, in reality...THIS WOULDN'T BE HAPPENING.

I get that. And you just said what my point was.
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libra wrote:
sack36 wrote:
I don't know why it's so hard to think 22 for scientist. One of my nephews was hired as a programmer for Nortons at age 16; and another at 18. My father was accepted at Notre Dame at 15. My uncle got his PHD in physics at 25 and none of these were considered particularly astounding phenomena in my family. 22 is a bit young for research scientist, but not overly so, and they'd want him young enough to fit well with the group.

It's hard because I am 22. And I did research. I've tried to apply for jobs in research, and the people hiring want YEARS of experience, not someone young who will "fit in well with the group".
At least in biology, Research Scientists are people with Ph.D's and years of experience. You can't have that by 22.

If you'd read the entire post, you would see that several of my relatives are scientists that got into research by an early age (27 was the youngest) and were not considered overly spectacular achievers. 22 is possible. Just not usual.
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
ArgenteumAstrum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="flychiqk"]
Quote:

Really guys its not that difficult. It is possible to have a Ph.D at 22. think about it. If you graduate highscool at 14 or 15 it can definitely be done. There are many people all over the world who are accomplishing degrees at very young ages. PhD's do not take a million years to accomplish and if the person is intelligent, naturally scientifically minded, and has good guidance from teachers and professors anything is possible.

haha...thanks..that's what I was trying to say!
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
Libra wrote:
sack36 wrote:

If you'd read the entire post, you would see that several of my relatives are scientists that got into research by an early age (27 was the youngest) and were not considered overly spectacular achievers. 22 is possible. Just not usual.

I read your entire post. Don't just assume things please.
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to add that there are many researchers who make HUGE contributions to their field even in their undergraduate years.

It could be that this Mr. Gilman was in the process of researching something and his experimental results were highly regarded in his scientific field or that they were novel or controvesial....That can put anyone on the fast track...Ive seen it happen with students at my campus.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flychiqk wrote:
I would also like to add that there are many researchers who make HUGE contributions to their field even in their undergraduate years.

It could be that this Mr. Gilman was in the process of researching something and his experimental results were highly regarded in his scientific field or that they were novel or controvesial....That can put anyone on the fast track...Ive seen it happen with students at my campus.

that happens a lot suprisingly

and so what about the 22 thing. maybe you cant be a super duper research scientist by then. maybe this character can. it's a characterrrrr!!!!!1 they can do whatever they want.

like i bet jonas has the secret ability to fly if he wants
rabbitvswolves
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbizzle44 wrote:
no question.

but i tried to find something on how neutrogena is working on anti-aging. all i found was jennifer garner and "vitamin A is really good for your skin!"... so not much at all.
here's what i'm thinking- our super secret scientist was working as something not that important at the wyman foundation, but learned a lot (because really, 22?). so then he went to neutrogena and said "i know all this stuff about anti-aging. hire me!"
plausible? perhaps......

Plausible. I was thinking more along the lines of learned too much and got kicked out then went scrambling for a new job and ended up with neutrogena.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: