Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(WoW) Storm Genie "Hear Ye Hear Ye"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: (WoW) Storm Genie "Hear Ye Hear Ye" Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hx29zVsf_k

Happy Solstice, boys & girls. Welcome to the longest day of the year

Tags: Alchemy Seal Bosch Trial Guilty Ultimatum Judge Court Pig Wisp

Vertumnalia is in trouble.
Do we try to warn her, or do we tell Will ?

I don't recognize the pictures
that storm genie is one creepy looking dude

edited to add art is by Bosch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hieronymus_Bosch
"The Garden of Earthly Delights"
(where do they find these people? this stuff definitelyexpands my art horizons))

edited to add this is not a very fair trial
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was weird, and the music kind of freaked me out too. What a juxtapose to the dark Bosch images.
I'm not quite sure what the "secret" is concerning that montage of paintings though.
The XII could be anything. The Hanged Man card shown earlier is no. 12.
The cemetery was shown twice, so I think that might count for something.

I think Vertumnalia and Bell are one and the same, and I think she might be in trouble. Maybe someone should leave Sean a comment and make sure he's seen StormGenie's video?
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the garden is one of my favorite paintings. Bosch was ahead of the surrealist by, oh, say five centuries, give or take.

Yeah, Gone is creepy, but I love his playful music and clownish attitude. The way he makes light jokes about serious matters, with his "boys and girls" and his "friendly" conversational tone, reminds me of The Joker from Batman.

I really liked this video. The opening title ala Star Wars raising up to God's throne is both strong and subtle in its irony. The images are cool and creepy, and the veiled threats and psycho style are not forced, keeping with the comedic nature of Gone.

Now, I feel like there's something more to this video. Gone says "I'm going to tell you a secret. (shhh)" and then there's a sequence of paintings and sketches for more than a minute without any text, then an image of a cemetery with the text "XII", and then "Do you understand?". It's like all those images somehow make up that secret he announced he would share. I suspect it has to do with this 'ultimatum' tag. One persisting image in that sequence is that little furry monster-fellow spying over the bed's canopy in some surely innocent girl's bedroom. Perhaps the girl represents Vertumnalia being spied and danger lurking on her sleep. But what was the secret? I think there must be something more concrete that we should be able to deduce from all those images.

I'm sure Will will see the video and save the day. I think he's got some weird awesome skills that we haven't seen yet (like when he set that whole village in fire). Yay for some action!

Last edited by deagol on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenrySugar wrote:
That was weird, and the music kind of freaked me out too. What a juxtapose to the dark Bosch images.
I'm not quite sure what the "secret" is concerning that montage of paintings though.
The XII could be anything. The Hanged Man card shown earlier is no. 12.
The cemetery was shown twice, so I think that might count for something.

I think Vertumnalia and Bell are one and the same, and I think she might be in trouble. Maybe someone should leave Sean a comment and make sure he's seen StormGenie's video?

that's what I'm thinking Henry
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I emailed Sean. We will see what happens!
I haven't figured out the XII yet.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deagol, the Hanged Man is card #12. The Death card is #13.

According to wiki some keywords regarding this card are:

Sacrifice ----- Letting go ----- Surrendering ----- Passivity
Suspension ----- Acceptance ----- Renounce ----- Patience
New point of view ----- Contemplation ----- Inner harmony
Conformism ----- Nonaction ----- Waiting ----- Giving up

Given the way tarot works though, divination is vague and can fit into most any situation.

His "Secret" I'm still not sure about. Pig is a tag and there's a line somewhere about frying a stripped pig, which makes me think "Bacon" and the Bacon code, but there isn't any text that I can see in the montage. The rest of the text looks normal to me, so I'm going to scratch my head on this one for a little while.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was mixing them up because I had just researched the Death card for the XIII that shows up in one of Will's earlier videos. I edited my post to remove the mistake.

That's a nice hint about the fried pig=bacon. You realize you don't really need text to apply the steganography concept in a bacon cipher? You just need to present two slightly different treatments of whatever the content of your plainview medium is. Is there any clear distinction in two categories that we can apply to those images? Something like each image could be a detail from one painting or a detail from another. Then you would have your A/B code.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah , so ..if you two can figure out mr. gone's hidden message (I am now calling him the harpy- see his youtube response to me) and let me know , that would be great...thanks ...yeah... Laughing

so I emailed Sean and he responded:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Jun 21, 2007 7:29 PM

Sean
We think Bell is in danger, as are you. Please watch this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hx29zVsf_k.
sincerely,
Sparky

Date: Jun 21, 2007 7:39 PM Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [ ? ]
Subject: RE: be aware!!!
Body: Thank you, Sparky.
I've been trying to get in touch with her since this afternoon without any luck.
I'm heading her way now.

~ Sean

I am so excited he is going to save her...
I am going to think positive. Pray

I would like to also point out that this is a great story and other people are missing out!
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
You realize you don't really need text to apply the steganography concept in a bacon cipher? You just need to present two slightly different treatments of whatever the content of your plainview medium is. Is there any clear distinction in two categories that we can apply to those images? Something like each image could be a detail from one painting or a detail from another. Then you would have your A/B code.

There are many lines that are all capitalized, and some that aren't. It seemed very random to me.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe there is a bacon code with the 25 images shown , some black and white, some in color.
There has to be , 25 images, two techniques...but I am not sure, the scary mr Gone puppet is kind of sepia-ish, not strictly black and white.
I've tried it with the black/white as B and the color as A. and vice versa . I am not coming up with anything legible. I must be doing something wrong.....
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh that's gotta be it! Why didn't I think of it before... Very Happy I'll go try it myself but, what are you getting for the AB pattern?
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on. I'm still trying to work this out.

What a cool concept! I'd never thought of using code in art like that.

If that's the case. I think it is. I'm going to watch the vid again.
HenrySugar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, right after Gone says (shhh) we get a b&w image. Then a color image and so on. Five Bosch images in a row before there's a break by that evil sepia troll thing. Five images for each break.

The b&w images are A and the color images are B, so it would be:

ABABB = m AABAA = e AABAA = e BAABA = t

Meet! At the cemetery? At twelve?
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it! Way to go Henry.

That damn troll, I was trying to count it either as A or B; he was starting to get on my nerves. To think that Gone put it there to keep count of every five images... Rolling Eyes

Are we to assume that Will figured it out and is attending the meeting?

One last thing I'm sure you all caught was the anagram at the end, MOIST GREEN. I kinda like Gone, he's pretty creative for an evil guy.
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that this vid was awesomely well done... so clever! I'm really getting into it all. And great work Henry on the decoding!

The little guy with the bulgey eyes and big teeth freaks me out though... Shocked

Can we give him a name? Something fluffy and friendly so he's not so scary maybe?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The FanFic Lobby All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: