Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Complaint about "Concerns and Complaints"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Complaint about "Concerns and Complaints" Reply with quote

Is it common for forums to have a Concerns and Complaints section?

Does the mere existence of this subforum encourage complaints?

When people are looking for conversation starters when lonelyfiller pervades the Breeniverse, I imagine people looking at the subforum headings:

"... eh, New Girl, nothing to say about that (whatever happened to that girl Jules) hmmm ..... Off The Cuff ... i'm lost there.....hmmm... ah ha, Concerns and Complaints! That's the place for me! i'm sure i can brew up something there, let's think of a good complaint and get that going! Yeah! The chat still sucks ass, let's start another goodie on that piece of crap!"

Its as if the subforum was titled "Tell Us Why We Suck" -- it invites people to complain. And this subforum has been the center of numerous flame wars and arguments that go nowhere.

Perhaps this board should be merged with the Suggestions forum, into .. um, "Suggestions and Concerns." It also helps eliminate a subforum, because the main page seems to continue to expand with new subforums related to sarah taylor and spencer. Meanwhile, the suggestions section is not very active, and it seems natural for people to want to Suggest solutions when Concerns arise.

I know your life has been enriched by reading this. You're welcome. You may complain below.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milo, where else can I be expected to flail my arms about?
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've proven your point there . . . all by yourself.
bebo.com/LaurinB myspace.com/laurin_b
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurin_B wrote:
I think you've proven your point there . . . all by yourself.

exactamente. but i thought the complaint i created - about whether there should BE a concern and complaints forum, was very very important.

Danielle wrote:
Milo, where else can I be expected to flail my arms about?

i direct you to the t-shirt contest forum.
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it seems to me you're just complaining because there's nothing else to interest on the forums. Even if you change the name of another forum to incorporate this one, people are still going to complain when there's a lull. So what's the point? Why not give them their own section that no one else has to enter if they don't want to?
Rekidk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that a simple renaming of this section would be sufficient. 'Concerns and Comments,' anyone?

I agree, 'Complaints' does seem to encourage whining.
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could get behind that.
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Milo don't you have anything else to do besides concerning yourself with other peoples complaints?

Geeze Louise !

Maybe you should take up a hobby. Why don't you go find your own forum and you can be a monitor there and run it however you want!

Listen buddy...I got lots to complain about ok? First, of all I been g, I have this monley on my back that seems to have a thing for my yellow hat and he keeps calling Jack Al when my name is Billy Will.(my folks didn't know any other names ok! So shut up).

And one more thing. The Burger King guy keeps yelling at me. He sure is cranky for someone who isn't supposed to get upset about special orders; and besides I saw in Maxim that he is dating Brooke Burke so like what's got him all uptight!?

ok...no more fireworks from me tonight! Razz .

(ETA: am I going to have to start color coding things so that it is easier for people to understand me?)

On a serious note. If you missed (or ignored) my post in that quitters thread check out the last paragraphs if you get a chance. If not I'll say some of it here...

Indpendence Day is a unique holiday as it actually celebrates the birth of an idea. On July 4th we celebrate and recognize the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The beginning of a struggle that continues even today The stuff we have did not come easy, maintaining and adding to it is a challenge and trying to share it can be damned dangerous. But hey, it is pretty cool.

Last edited by Taig on Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we should rename this section to "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM"

and maybe have a seperate section for "Webpage Malfunctions"

I really dislike the whole "shoot down ideas...without ideas of your own" thing
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you made the perfect point, Milowent. It is 100% true from my experience.. and it was funny, too!
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING this is a serious post and contains no sarcasm nor feeble attempts at humor. (well maybe a little but only in cases where I lack logical conclusions or valid arguments) Believe it or not I am capable of such things when the occasion arises. ANother thing, if you will; I am on the beach using a borrowed laptop. The laptop seems to have a mind of its own, moving the cursor at random from time to time and occasionally closing the page on its own. It is kinda screwy. It is not because I am trying once again to type with the straightjacket on

Now Milo, With all due respect I am afraid I must disagree with you on a number of levels. I will only attempt to make sense of a few. think a C&C section is not only a good idea but an important part of this forum especially.

First, judging by the number of complaints and concerns posted in this forum alone (noting that this is only one of several Internet spaces dedicated to talking aboout and simply complaining about LG
15) there is an obvious need - at least a strong desire -to have a place to vent and make ones voice heard. While the quality of the prose and validity of the complaints vary widely, it has often provided a space for rational argument and presentation of legitamate gripes AND proposed solutions.

The Authors consistently encourage the audience to share in the evolution of the LG15 saga. I can thinkof only one or two better conduits for communication among authors and readers.

What of those whose agenda is to simply bitch and moan? We may do them a service by changing the name of the section to "Bitch and Moan" but please, please do not call it "Constructive Criticism". A) It would be an obvious misnomer
b) It would discourage those who only want to deconstruct the story, the characters, the direction,production and purpose of the whole thing.

Frankly, one should be grateful there is this specific repository for dissent so that they are quarentined here rather than infecting more plot specific threads and posts.

ok ok I am done...sun is shining and there is a cold bee with my name on it.........see ya.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taig wrote:
Now Milo, With all due respect I am afraid I must disagree with you on a number of levels. I will only attempt to make sense of a few. think a C&C section is not only a good idea but an important part of this forum especially.

well, i seemed to be alone in my Complaint about Concerns and Complaints, so I will bow to the majority. Plus, I realize that BK is probably glad to keep you cabined in this section to keep the rest of the forum safe.
honeybee627
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
Plus, I realize that BK is probably glad to keep you cabined in this section to keep the rest of the forum safe.

I think you've got it exactly right. It is probably best to have one specific place for all this stuff so that those of us who only have time to read the forums superficially can ignore it if we want to (or read it and add our unnecessary two cents...)
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
Taig wrote:

well, i seemed to be alone in my Complaint about Concerns and Complaints, so I will bow to the majority. Plus, I realize that BK is probably glad to keep you cabined in this section to keep the rest of the forum safe.

No, I think you're probably right, and it's a good idea! I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Smile
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milo! (before things get locked up. I trust you to never bow to anyone just becasue you are in the minority. That my friend is when I trust you to never bow.

getting tired sir?

ETA on 07-08

Keep me "cabined up? Ha! I serve as the loyal opposition sir
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: