Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liber XV, The Gnostic Mass

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Could Bree be training as the virgin for the Gnostic Mass?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
No
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 24

dVant
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Liber XV, The Gnostic Mass Reply with quote

The People enter into the ritual space, where the Deacon stands at the Altar of Incense (symbolic of Tiphareth on the Tree of Life). She takes the Book of the Law and places it on the super-alter within the great Veil, and proclaims the Law of Thelema in the name of IAO. Returning, she leads the People in the Gnostic Creed, which announces a belief (or value) in the Lord, the Sun, Chaos, Air, Babalon, Baphomet, the Gnostic Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the Miracle of the Mass (i.e. the Eucharist), as well as confessions of their birth as incarnate beings and the eternal cycle of their individual lives.

The Virgin then enters with the two Children, and greets the People. She dances in a serpentine manner around the Altar of Incense and the Font (symbolizing the unwinding of the Kundalini Serpent which is twined around the base of the spine) before stopping at the Tomb. She tears down the veil with her Sword, and raises the Priest to life by the power of Iron, the Sun, and the Lord. He is lustrated and consecrated with the four elements (water and earth, fire and air), and then envested with his scarlet Robe and crowned with the golden Uraeus serpent of wisdom. Finally, she gently strokes his Lance eleven times, invoking the Lord.

The Priest lifts up the Virgin and takes her to the High Altar, seating her upon the summit of the Earth. After he purifies and consecrates her, he closes the Veil and circumabulates the temple three times, followed by the remaining officers. They take their place before the Altar of Incense, kneeling in adoration (along with all the People), while the Priest takes the first step upon the Dais before the Veil. In this symbolic crossing of the Abyss, the Priest begins with his first oration, invoking Nuit, the goddess of the infinite night sky. The Priestess calls to him as Nuit, enticing the Priest to ascend to her. He then takes the second step, and identifies as Hadit, the infinitely condensed center of all things—the Fire of every star and the Life in every person. The Deacon has the congregation rise and she delivers the Calendar. The Priest takes his third and final step, invoking Ra-Hoor-Khuit, the Crowned and Conquoring Child of the new Aeon. With his Lance, he parts the Veil, revealing the now-naked Priestess who sits upon the High Altar. He greets her with the masculine powers of Pan and she returns it with eleven kisses on the Lance. He kneels in adoration...
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnostic Mass is a common and well-known ceremony. It doesn't fit the profile of Bree's ceremony as being high-level and rare.

Late edit, oops... meant "common," not "uncommon." Commence pointing and laughing.

Last edited by Nora Volkova on Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
JacksAndDouches
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
The Gnostic Mass is a uncommon and well-known ceremony. It doesn't fit the profile of Bree's ceremony as being high-level and rare.

wouldn't uncommon be a suitable synonym for rare?

remember she said the ceremony only happens once in a really long time...I just wish we knew if she was exagerrating, like when she said there isnt a mall for MILES.
dianeviola
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that the ceremony posted above sound just like some of the things Bree is doing and some of the things we have seen so far. For instance, the four corners/elements and being pure. And if I am reading it correctly she has to talk so she is probably using the language she had to learn.
LikkleSister
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no enochian in the Gnostic Mass.
I've acted as priestess in it many times, and never came across it Wink

Also, it is never performed with an underaged Priestess/Virgin.

BUT - who knows, perhaps in Bree's alternate reality they do?
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...couldn't be the Gnostic Mass. The Gnostic Mass is done often by Thelemic groups...sometimes once a week.

The virgin/priestess is [seldom/I've never heard of one being] an actual virgin. You just don't get too many of those in a religion that promotes sexual freedom.

As someone else said...there's no enochian. She would be rehearsing lines though...like it were a play.

And then there's the underage thing...a big no no. She could be one of the children in the Mass...and if that were so, it would a. be a public ceremony and b. when the priestess gets naked, the veil would remain over her so you couldn't see her naked.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should also say...if she were one of the children, there would be no studying...basically she would have to walk around holding something.
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
I guess I should also say...if she were one of the children, there would be no studying...basically she would have to walk around holding something.

Hey now... ummm... the children provide a valuable service.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
Hey now... ummm... the children provide a valuable service.

While they're walking around holding something Razz
LikkleSister
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only priestess whose priest sniggered as he uttered the words "...Take thee virgin, pure without spot"?

Twisted Evil
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikkleSister wrote:
Am I the only priestess whose priest sniggered as he uttered the words "...Take thee virgin, pure without spot"?

HAHAHAHAHA
sanilynx
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the age of consent is in the US but if it's over 18 then I doubt the creators would use such a theme. I think that if the ceremony is going to be broadcast then Bree will have to remain fully clothed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: