Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lonelygirl's religion - a twist?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell since we really don't have much on the specifics, really. We have a lot of speculation and a few tidbits...but we don't REALLY know what it is all about.
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

I believe it's a fictional religion...they took ideas from other religions and organizations to make their own for this story.

I know its fictional, I was just wondering if this fictional religion would fit in any exsisting category.

edit: I am just wondering what everyone else thinks. I find this conversation to be pretty interesting

I would go so far as to describe it:

A New-Aeonic Gardnerian pagan sect, influenced by Hermeticism, with focus on Hathor of the Egyptian pantheon.

New-aeonic means thelemic - basically alluding to the picture of AC. Gardnerian is a stricter, more ceremonial form of paganism, unlike the lose knit covens of most wiccan paths. Hermeticism, strictly for the Enochian. And Hathor - Denderah.

Of course, I could be wrong, we've only seen one member of this sect, and it's a 16 year old who really doesn't know much about it. We haven't seen much of the inner workings.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
windsong
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:
You know - whatever the outcome of the lg15 saga, and intentionally or not, this has created a forum where alot of ideas about religion, belief and our perception of reality are being discussed - by alot of people with very divergent views and approaches.

I find it fascinating.

I agree that the discussions produced by lg15 are very fascinating. I only wonder what these discussions would be like if people still thought that the blog was real...
sweetie55
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a lot more closed minded than it is now I'm sure.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetie55 wrote:
Probably a lot more closed minded than it is now I'm sure.

I don't know...I didn't think it could be more closeminded Razz

I mean, you have some pretty closeminded people on here...and you have generally openminded people. I don't see any of them switching sides any time soon
kalli182
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all the creators said in thier interview something along the lines that all of us will be able to see a little of ourselves in bree...and that everything is explainable...not exact quote..just my fuzzy memory
Penny
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I think I am convinced now on the 'every religion' theory.

I have been having an idiotic fight with Jersey Johnny in another thread and I found myself defending my religion (yet again). I am LDS (mormon) and Jersey Johnny is basicly ripping my religion apart. He thought that Bree was going to be forced into marriage to an old polygamist LDS man. He claimed to know all sorts of stuff about my religion since he did his reseach. Too bad my church doesn't practice polygamy anymore (and hasn't for a very long time). We also don't force young girls into marriage. He had a lot of other garbage to say but it's too stupid to post.

Anyway, my point is, I didn't think I would be defending my religion here. But since Bree's religion is so vague some people think it's my religion. So yeah, I agree with the 'every religion' theory now.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
You know what I think I am convinced now on the 'every religion' theory.

I have been having an idiotic fight with Jersey Johnny in another thread and I found myself defending my religion (yet again). I am LDS (mormon) and Jersey Johnny is basicly ripping my religion apart. He thought that Bree was going to be forced into marriage to an old polygamist LDS man. He claimed to know all sorts of stuff about my religion since he did his reseach. Too bad my church doesn't practice polygamy anymore (and hasn't for a very long time). We also don't force young girls into marriage. He had a lot of other garbage to say but it's too stupid to post.

Anyway, my point is, I didn't think I would be defending my religion here. But since Bree's religion is so vague some people think it's my religion. So yeah, I agree with the 'every religion' theory now.

I don't think anyone should have to defend their beliefs, here, yet there's been a lot of need for it lately with all the flaming going on. I think it's ridiculous, personally, and I'm sorry you are in the position to defend yourself.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
I have been having an idiotic fight with Jersey Johnny in another thread

The best thing to do is just ignore him. His M.O. is to post extremely bigoted and ignorant things in an attempt to amuse some people and set other people off. If you reply, you just encourage him.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:

No, JerseyJohnny is a troll. In a reasonable community, personal attacks are not allowed. In the LG15 forums, they are. He attacks you and says whatever he thinks will be offensive to you.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny, his research probably consisted of watching "Big Love" on Showtime j/k

JJ is an OK sorta guy. You just have to know how to take him. Many of his arguments are so absurd that it's hard to tell if he's serious or not. I actually think it's excellent commentary on ourselves that so many people take him so seriously sometimes...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just find him annoying and disruptive.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I just find him annoying and disruptive.

Well... That too... I guess I've just gotten used to his antics...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he'd just learn when to let up, that would help. But, no...huge posts insulting people...then they insult back...takes away from a lot. Not like us totally hijacking threads doesn't, but at least we aren't making huge posts insulting people...well, often, anyway...well, not huge ones...
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
If he'd just learn when to let up, that would help. But, no...huge posts insulting people...then they insult back...takes away from a lot. Not like us totally hijacking threads doesn't, but at least we aren't making huge posts insulting people...well, often, anyway...well, not huge ones...

At least our thread-jackings tend to stop the fighting, at least momentarily Smile

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: