Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LG15 in terms of movie story structure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: LG15 in terms of movie story structure Reply with quote

OK I'm really disappointed along with everyone else by the ceremony Crying or Very sad. I want to be a screenwriter so I thought I'd look at LG15 from the point of view of how a standard movie story is structured...

A standard movie is split up into three acts. There's a turning point between act I and act II. A mid point between the first half and second half of act II and. Then there's a second turning point between act II and act III. You can read more about it here, you can probably find a better link as I just quickly googled that.

So in my opinion here's how the story of LG15 is structured:

*Turning point I: Bree learns that Daniel likes her in 'Boy Problems...'

*Mid point: Bree tells us for the first time that she's going to be in a ceremony in 'A Change In My Life'

*Turning point II: Daniel begins to stalk Bree in 'Who Is This?'

*Climax: Should have been the ceremoney!

I could be wrong on where exactly these points are, but my point is that the ceremony should have been the climax!! Instead it just continued on like normal, and I think a lot of people feel let down. There has to be some big exciting event coming up soon or I know that I'm going to get really bored of this...

Thanks for watching as I fall.
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking this over... another way would be if 'A Change In My Life' is actually the turning point I of the story. Then the climax is actually the turning point II.. I don't know. Anyway, the ceremony was a let down.

The23rdGod
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but this isn't a movie.
and follows a different structure almost entirely.
what do you mean, it was SUPPOSE to be the climax?

you think one day these online "movies" are going to last forever?
when the creators have a constant source of feedback given by the viewers, it could go on forever.

much less a soap opera much more a mind fuk.

storytelling is dangerous
crowley wasn't an accident.

The 'Breeniverse' isn't harmless.

there are magickians behind this.

just remember when you log on for your daily dose of unreality, ur letting more in then you realize.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The23rdGod wrote:
yeah, but this isn't a movie.
and follows a different structure almost entirely.
what do you mean, it was SUPPOSE to be the climax?

you think one day these online "movies" are going to last forever?
when the creators have a constant source of feedback given by the viewers, it could go on forever.

much less a soap opera much more a mind fuk.

just remember when you log on for your daily dose of unreality, ur letting more in then you realize.

That's what I thought at first, too. But now a cynical part of me is starting to lose my faith and consider that this might not be an ellaborate mindfuck by Discordian magickians.

Then again, you're absolutely right. Trying to predict the story structure of a completely new medium is pretty fruitelss. They might just be pretending to be anticlimatic to royally mess with us. I hope so.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Crook by da Book
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats exactly the problem with the LG15 storyline, thanks for breaking it down
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
That's what I thought at first, too. But now a cynical part of me is starting to lose my faith and consider that this might not be an ellaborate mindfuck by Discordian magickians.

Its' the x-ists! JR "Bob" Dobbs is the creator, and they're turning Bree into a living host for Connie!

That settles it! I'm going to quit my job!
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The23rdGod wrote:

Oh, don't worry....that sounded so close-minded, I would be surprised if your'e letting much of the outside world in at all at any time.
The23rdGod
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

close minded?
i hope it closes one day

but as of now it's still open.
and in observing this modern flux of technoculture it's being ripped open wider, bit by bit, everyday.

but sorry for being so ignorant tannhaus.

keep playing the game.
one day you'll be proud of yourself because of it.

storytelling is still dangerous
JacksAndDouches
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: LG15 in terms of movie story structure Reply with quote

Icaterus wrote:
OK I'm really disappointed along with everyone else by the ceremony Crying or Very sad. I want to be a screenwriter so I thought I'd look at LG15 from the point of view of how a standard movie story is structured...

A standard movie is split up into three acts. There's a turning point between act I and act II. A mid point between the first half and second half of act II and. Then there's a second turning point between act II and act III. You can read more about it here, you can probably find a better link as I just quickly googled that.

So in my opinion here's how the story of LG15 is structured:

*Turning point I: Bree learns that Daniel likes her in 'Boy Problems...'

*Mid point: Bree tells us for the first time that she's going to be in a ceremony in 'A Change In My Life'

*Turning point II: Daniel begins to stalk Bree in 'Who Is This?'

*Climax: Should have been the ceremoney!

I could be wrong on where exactly these points are, but my point is that the ceremony should have been the climax!! Instead it just continued on like normal, and I think a lot of people feel let down. There has to be some big exciting event coming up soon or I know that I'm going to get really bored of this...

it has already been said that this is meant to be "a new art form". do not be so afraid of someone trying something new. It is the thinking of lets just stick with the status quo that has led to deteriation of the movie and music industry. It is all the same cookie cutter crap in both, and I find it refreshing when someone tries something new. alot of people on here remind me of Kathy Bates in that stephen king movie because you are all so upset at the change in Bree's character. if you want to contest the realism of it all, just ponder for a moment of all the people in your life that have changed unexpectadly. I think the video with the maya angelou quote speaks volumes as to what direction bree has taken, while bree meant for it to pertain to daniel, it seems as if bree could benefit most from those words of wisdom.

cheers
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
Sfonzarelli wrote:

Its' the x-ists! JR "Bob" Dobbs is the creator, and they're turning Bree into a living host for Connie!

That settles it! I'm going to quit my job!

JR "Bob" Dobbs???? Wow, you must be even older than me!!!
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I agree LG15 is defiantly a new art form and also a new type of media entertainment Smile. But it still follows a basic story structure of a begining, middle, and end. I believe that you can't have a good story without sticking to a structure. I do think the creators are smart to structure their story in some way. I admit there's a few exceptions, but 99% of stories in the world follow a structure.

The reason that I thought the ceremony was meant to be the climax was because everything in the story was leading up to it. There was a lot of fun moments to keep us entertained, and that's needed, but the points that moved the story forward were all leading to the ceremony. For example:
    -Bree saying her parents wont let her go out because of their religion.
    -Bree having a shrine to Crowley and getting mad when Daniel touched it.
    -Bree's religion being a problem between her and Daniel.
    -Bree giving hints at some weird religion and a ceremony, like the 10/12/06 date in the cookie scores.
    -Bree's dad grounding her for sneaking out to a party and living a 'normal' teenage life.
    -Lucy preparing Bree for the ceremony.
    -And theres a lot more etc.

I thought that the ceremony was going to be some really exciting event where everything comes to a climax, and everyone faces each other, and all the conflict is dealt with. I thought that these things would happen:
    -We finally learn what exactly what the religion is.
    -Bree and Daniel deal with the thing between them. And we learn if Bree really likes Daniel.
    -Bree faces her parents and sorts out the way she's going to live her life.
    -And all the other conflicts would be argued over and sorted out.

But now it does look like the ceremony wasn't the climax Confused. It looks like the story is going to continue. The actors are under contract or something till the end of the year aren't they? So maybe the story will continue untill then, or even keep on going past the end of the year... It's just that me and a lot of people are disappointed by what happened with the ceremony Crying or Very sad ..

PS: Oh I'm going through this in terms of a movie story. Maybe it would be better to analise LG15 in terms of a TV series story?? I admit that I don't watch much TV anymore and I never paid attention to TV structure.

Hannahbee
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing that may be throwing you off, icaterus, is that we KNOW that the creators weren't planning on having Daniel be romantically interested in Bree. so, if they did set out with something like the structure that you propose, i don't think that they would have planned on that being turning point 1. could this possibly show that the climax is coming soon, instead of having to have happened at the ceremony?
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea you're right. The turning point I might not be that then.

It would be awesome if the next few videos just blow us all away and we're all like OMG and everyone forgets about the ceremony being a let down because something cool happened after that makes sense and surpasses it. I hope something cool is coming soon. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

CrazyNic
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like maybe that her friend Cassie got too close, and the "elders" took Cassie out, and now they're going to do the same to Daniel...theres no price they're not willing to pay to "save" bree from the outside world and keep her on her destiny...the next great whatever.
demerick
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..."storytelling is dangerous"???

Is this because fiction, especially when using the realm of the supernatural, presents ideas that may be deemed unsavory by the fundamentalists?

I write horror because it allows me to question the beliefs that people have shoved down my throat my entire life. Using characters and supernatural situations gives me a chance to not only address the basics of my restrictive religious upbringing, but also to explore how readers question their own ideas by watching fictional characters address horrible situations. Is this dangerous? Yes, if you're a government or religion that thrives when its people are mindless drones. No, if you are a part of a community that values individual thought, conflicting opinions and progress.

It's amazing how much one little statement can reveal about a person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: