Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Satanic references in the occult not so satanic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikkleSister wrote:
Another interesting fact - pinched from our ol' friend Mr. Duquette: when the supreme name of the Lord - YHVH - is complemented with the letter Shin or Sh, standing for life or breath, it becomes YHShVH. So, the Lord, given breath and life becomes... Jeeeeesuuuus Very Happy

Interesting that this aspect wasn't discussed more. It's rather similar to the anthropomorphized YHWH, "Yosher", that lives in the drop of venom (TzMTzM) of the fang of the ouroboros/Leviathan:

I'm uncertain of the significance of the spiders, although some people speculate that they weave the flesh of Leviathan.

Judas hung himself from a tree.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, I need to get my JCS production pics up where I, an evil temptress, gave Judas the noose!
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Aw, I need to get my JCS production pics up where I, an evil temptress, gave Judas the noose!

Good noose or bad noose?
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

Good noose or bad noose?

Suicide noose Twisted Evil
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, puns.

A cube has eight corners
A spider has eight legs
The fan has five blades

alexandre
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Satanic references in the occult not so satanic Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
Ok, I'll start off the list. I thought it might be cool since we can all agree Bree's religion is occultic to blow up some misconceptions concerning the occult. So, I'll start off a few and we can all discuss and add others.

1. 666

This one is actually misunderstood by most. It comes from a verse in Revelations in the Bible that says:

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

In ancient Hebrew, they didn't use numbers. Each letter had a number associated with it. So, if you wanted to write a specific number, you just wrote the letters and people read them as a number. One side effect to this is that you could add up the letters and come up with a number for a word or for a name.

In hebrew gemetria, which deals with this practice, words that enumerate to the same number are related in some way. Gemetria is a practice devoted to finding these relations and discovering deeper meanings in text. It, of course, influenced Revelations and most of the Bible.

By taking it out of historical and hebrew context, we don't understand the significance. However, by placing it into context, we see that every name literally has a number. Now, it was a practice by jews when they spoke out against a figure in the ruling roman party to use the number of his name instead of his actual name. Using his name might land you in prison. Using his number meant only those that also knew gemetria understood you. So, it might be quite notable that the Caesar for the time had a name that enumerated to 666.

the book of revelations can also be interpreted as a political commentary. The numbers 666 as well as 616 translate into "NERO" as their letter form...perhaps stating their unhappiness with Nero's reign at the time...?
Just a little something I watched in a documentary.

-lex
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole Hebrew angle can overshadow needlessly; didn't John of Patmos write in Greek?
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most apocalyptic literature of the early First Millennium consisted of political allegory about how the in-group was gonna someday get their own back on the Evil Current Oppressors, so as you've pointed out, there's no literary reason to assume that the Revelation of John of Patmos was intended to be anything else.

Although the anonymous author(s) of John wrote in Greek, I believe he would still have been doing gematria in Hebrew. I'm pretty sure the Aramaic speakers used Hebrew for their gematria?

One can liken the Revelation to the Ghost Dance of American history, except that around this period several factions of the Jews and early Christians didn't have much of a taste for stirring up active rebellion.
bumboo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Enochian and the Left Hand Reply with quote

I've been digging around reading alot about the occult so I thought I'd make a comment and ask a few questions. It seems to me that Bree and her family are not practicing Thelema although they may believe it to be. It looks like a cult to me. Whether it involves Satanism or some other derivative religion is up to interpretation. It reminds me of an article about the Solar Lodge scandal and the connection to Manson. Although I was creeped out, I kept reading because the LG15 story is a good one. I think the crux of this mystery is finding out more about her derivative religious cult.

To move forward I'd like to know the following:

In some Thelemic groups is Enochian banned? One post mentioned that the language was used for summoning angels. Is it also used for summoning demons?

Could you describe the practice of banishing and why it is done?

Could Bree in anyway damage her karma for saying or doing the wrong thing during the ceremony?

Is Bree's family is following a left hand path religion similar to Setianism?
maxomai
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Enochian and the Left Hand Reply with quote

bumboo wrote:
I've been digging around reading alot about the occult so I thought I'd make a comment and ask a few questions. It seems to me that Bree and her family are not practicing Thelema although they may believe it to be. It looks like a cult to me. Whether it involves Satanism or some other derivative religion is up to interpretation. It reminds me of an article about the Solar Lodge scandal and the connection to Manson. Although I was creeped out, I kept reading because the LG15 story is a good one. I think the crux of this mystery is finding out more about her derivative religious cult.

Well, such things are really better left to the authors of the series, but it's fun to speculate, isn't it?

To move forward I'd like to know the following:

bumboo wrote:
In some Thelemic groups is Enochian banned? One post mentioned that the language was used for summoning angels. Is it also used for summoning demons?

I'd be surprised if any Thelemic group banned Enochian or any other magickal practice. John Dee listed cacodemons that one could summon with Enochian, and he probably had good reason for believing it could be used this way.

bumboo wrote:
Could you describe the practice of banishing and why it is done?

Banishing is a ritual act of setting and clearing the temple. The idea is to send away any demonic forces and then to "fill the vacuum" by bringing in other, presumably more friendly or more helpful, spiritual forces. The practice can be done in any language with which the magician is familiar.

Some examples of banishing rituals:

Wiccan rite of Casting the Circle http://www.controverscial.com/Circle%20Casting%201.htm
The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram http://www.asiya.org/lbrp.html
The Star Ruby http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib25.html
Liber Israfel http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib64.html

bumboo wrote:
Could Bree in anyway damage her karma for saying or doing the wrong thing during the ceremony?

Yes, and so could any of the other participants. The more power, the more danger. (Prepare, prepare, prepare. Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse.)

bumboo wrote:
Is Bree's family is following a left hand path religion similar to Setianism?

Beats the heck out of me.

Hope this helps.
storyteller
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Enochian and the Left Hand Reply with quote

maxomai wrote:

bumboo wrote:

Yes, and so could any of the other participants. The more power, the more danger. (Prepare, prepare, prepare. Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse.)

Wouldn't it stand to reason that forcing Bree to perform a ceremony could be "dangerous"? Unless she doesn't actually have an active role in the ceremony?
maxomai
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Enochian and the Left Hand Reply with quote

storyteller wrote:
maxomai wrote:

bumboo wrote:

Wouldn't it stand to reason that forcing Bree to perform a ceremony could be "dangerous"? Unless she doesn't actually have an active role in the ceremony?

Well, yeah. That would be immensely dangerous. You'd have too be mad to even attempt it.

The key word there, however, is FORCE. If Bree is a willing participant (and there's every indication that she was until recently), then the chief danger is the participnt's own ignorance. An experienced initiator in a secret tradition knows how to mitigate that risk.
storyteller
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Enochian and the Left Hand Reply with quote

maxomai wrote:
Well, yeah. That would be immensely dangerous. You'd have too be mad to even attempt it.

The key word there, however, is FORCE. If Bree is a willing participant (and there's every indication that she was until recently), then the chief danger is the participnt's own ignorance. An experienced initiator in a secret tradition knows how to mitigate that risk.

So if, as everyone seems to want to believe, Bree were forced to be a part of the ceremony in some way, what role could she play that wouldn't be in any way dangerous? I don't think anyone is going to sacrifice Bree or force her to carry a demon seed, but the tension in the story obviously points to the ceremony in some way. Any thoughts on what her role could be if the assumptions are right?
storyteller
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Enochian and the Left Hand Reply with quote

maxomai wrote:

So if, as everyone seems to want to believe, Bree were forced to be a part of the ceremony in some way, what role could she play that wouldn't be in any way dangerous? I don't think anyone is going to sacrifice Bree or force her to carry a demon seed, but the tension in the story obviously points to the ceremony in some way. Any thoughts on what her role could be if the assumptions are right?
storyteller
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Enochian and the Left Hand Reply with quote

maxomai wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: