Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0052 Following the helper [10/15/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
The Lovely Miss M. wrote:
So I was thinking about the shot earlier - the gauze on her arm.

Now, I get shots and blood drawn like all the time, and since I go to school far from home, by many different nurses in different offices.

I have NEVER had a nurse put gauze over an injection and tape it there. They usually remove the gauze and put a regular band-aid on. Unless they've drawn blood, in which case they can't remove the gauze since it'll open up any clotting that's started.

Which would mean that Bree was losing blood from that spot.

... why they would take blood from her shoulder instead of her elbow or hand, I'm not sure. But without another video to overanalyze I'mma keep going with what we have.

yer, i think u've hit the nail on the head Razz lol, summits up with it Shocked

Is anyone a nurse or a doctor here? I assumed she must be getting an injection becuase...uh, wouldn't it be a little odd to draw blood from your shoulder/arm? I mean..she is a rail, so I suppose her veins are accessable from any which way, but don't you draw blood from the inside of your arm?...now that I think about it, I know you inject things into veins as well like an IV in the hospital or heroin...so what is the difference between things you inject into muscles and things you inject into veins? What kind of things would you inject into the arm where her gauze is?
Hannahbee
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
Hannahbee wrote:

Penny i think you're very clever and i LOVE your avi. sometimes if i'm not careful i stare at it for like whole minutes. in a totally innocent way... i don't have like a crush on Bree or anything, it's just adorable Very Happy

Awww....Thanks! You mean you thought my sleep deprived theory about Wickenberg, AZ was clever? ROFL! Really I don't know what I was thinking there except at that point I was really tired and grasping at straws...LOL!

Thanks, I like my avi too. It totally reminds me of the old days when Bree was adorable and fun (and I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Daniel to give Bree the sweetest kiss of all sweet kisses). *sigh* I miss the old days. Since this series became mysterious (and I LOVE mysteries) I have been thinking of nothing but what the hell is really going on with this story. I am actually DREAMING about this series these days!

TIME FOR A NEW VLOG!

yep, exactly why i love it too Smile
yeah that theory was clever but i also just read that thread about mormonism where you took on JerseyJohnny and i was impressed by your knowledge/debating skills. cuz in the one post i made in that thread (like a half hour ago) i had to really fight to remain polite about it.
i'm Presbyterian, but i have mormon friends so i was offended too, but you actually really got him being as close to polite as he ever gets there near the end. kudos. Wink
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Skydive wrote:
I know this is wrong, but I had too......

[img=http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2903/goodsamaragq2.th.jpg]

Scarrrryyy....
[img=http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4092/badsamaracb9.th.jpg]

yeah..that's pretty much what Cassie looks like. When she scratches my window at night with her long, black and green nails, I wake up and that's what I see staring at me. I can't believe she let you take pictures of her!
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this....

Subcutaneous injection.
The skin provides a relatively impermeable barrier to most substances (we will see exceptions later), which led to the development of the hypodermic(literally meaning under the skin) syringe for the administration of drugs through this barrier. When administered in this manner, the drug is sequestered in a localized area, being forced into the interstitial fluid that surrounds the local cells and capillaries. The drug will enter the bloodstream via these local capillaries. Because of the limited physical dispersion of the drug dosage, the absorption of drugs administered subcutaneously tends to be slow and uniform.
The Lovely Miss M.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
Is anyone a nurse or a doctor here? I assumed she must be getting an injection becuase...uh, wouldn't it be a little odd to draw blood from your shoulder/arm? I mean..she is a rail, so I suppose her veins are accessable from any which way, but don't you draw blood from the inside of your arm?...now that I think about it, I know you inject things into veins as well like an IV in the hospital or heroin...so what is the difference between things you inject into muscles and things you inject into veins? What kind of things would you inject into the arm where her gauze is?

The only things I can think of are:

The director wanted to draw attention to it, and make sure we saw it and knew it was a shot (bandaid can be anything)

It was an intramuscular injection and they used a needle that was too big. I get IM injections on a regular basis (think tetanus shot - it goes into the muscle), and they don't usually bleed a lot, unless a needle of improper size is used (amateur job? But her dad went to med school....).

Unless it IS bloodletting and the religion wants to cover it up as a shot, so they put it in a place where people regularly get shots. I wouldn't even think twice about gauze on a shoulder in a shot-spot except that we're analyzing this thing.

Bleeding out of the elbow, forearm, etc, generally tends to take a long time to clot. Bleeding from that spot on the shoulder, however, clots in a matter of seconds, in my experience.

I know this because I'm a complete clutz Smile
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Categories of drugs administered subcutaneously include vaccines, insulins, analgesics, antithrombotics, cholinergics, bronchodilators, and vasodilators
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Skydive wrote:
I found this....

Subcutaneous injection.
The skin provides a relatively impermeable barrier to most substances (we will see exceptions later), which led to the development of the hypodermic(literally meaning under the skin) syringe for the administration of drugs through this barrier. When administered in this manner, the drug is sequestered in a localized area, being forced into the interstitial fluid that surrounds the local cells and capillaries. The drug will enter the bloodstream via these local capillaries. Because of the limited physical dispersion of the drug dosage, the absorption of drugs administered subcutaneously tends to be slow and uniform.

so if you're not trying to get high...or at least not hard and fast like..or it's something that can't go directly into a vein you'd do it this way I guess. Good work! I always know that when I'm too lazy to find answers one of you will do it for me (well, for all of us really)...and I love that.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lazy too sometimes.....just gotta be in the mood to look for this stuff.....actually, I'm trying to work and finding ways to get sidetracked. Embarassed
The Lovely Miss M.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except if it has gauze, it's more likely to be intramuscular, I think. From wikipedia:

Quote:

Intramuscular injection is the injection of a substance directly into a muscle. In medicine, it is one of several alternative methods for the administration of medications (see Route of administration). It is used for particular forms of medication that are administered in small amounts. Depending on the chemical properties of the drug, the medication may either be absorbed fairly quickly or more gradually. Intramuscular injections are often given in the deltoid, vastus lateralis, ventrogluteal and dorsogluteal muscles. When the gluteal muscles are used, injections should be made on the upper, outer quadrant of the buttock to avoid damaging the sciatic nerve.

Thrombocytopenia (low platelet counts) and coagulopathy (bleeding tendency) are contraindications for intramuscular injections, as they may lead to hematomas.

Examples of medications that are sometimes administered intramuscularly are:

codeine
methotrexate
metoclopramide
olanzapine
Streptomycin
many vaccines
diazepam
prednisone
Interferon beta-1a
sex hormones, such as testosterone, estradiol valerate, and Depo Provera

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intramuscular_injection

Any horomone with fertilization is done with an IM injection...

I'm not sure what all these other drugs do. Checking for anything interesting.
The Lovely Miss M.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Help me check out the side effects of all these drugs... something's got to be there.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember norplant? Did they stop doing that? That was weird.
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I research weekly injections I keep coming up with anemia and insulin stuff.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lovely Miss M. wrote:
Oh! Help me check out the side effects of all these drugs... something's got to be there.

It would have to be really specific and obvious...becuase the two that I recognize in particular: codeine and diazepam (why ever would I recognize those two? I wonder) have a lot of possible side effects..but mostly they just F%#k you up. (in leigh-person's terms)
ForeverMourn
Owen's Helper

spaciegirl wrote:
Remember norplant? Did they stop doing that? That was weird.

Norplants WERE weird!!

CuddleBunni Is My LG15 SoulMate. Smile

My YT Vids
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Lovely Miss M.
Casual Observer

Okay, interesting drugs from that list:

Quote:
Olanzapine (oh-LAN-za-peen, sold as Zyprexa®, Zydis®, or in combination with fluoxetine, as Symbyax®) was the third atypical antipsychotic to gain approval by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and has become one of the most commonly used atypical antipsychotics. Olanzapine has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of schizophrenia, acute mania in bipolar disorder, agitation associated with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, and as maintenance treatment in bipolar disorder and psychotic depression.

Adverse events reported in the package insert for olanzapine include dry mouth, dizziness, sedation, insomnia, orthostatic hypotension, akathisia, and weight gain. Olanzapine is reported to cause extrapyramidal symptoms (Miss M: Apparently, face twitches), tardive dyskinesia (Miss M: repeated unnecessary movements) and neuroleptic malignant syndrome (Miss M: basically muscles freezing, definitely not in Bree), although at a much reduced rate when compared to the classical anti-psychotics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 44 of 48

Jump to: