Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The OpAphid Community Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acidfingers
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: The OpAphid Community Thread Reply with quote

I don't normally start new threads, but I feel like the need for this thread is justified. Just earlier today I realized that I've spent so much time with so many of you but I've never really known anyone aside from a couple people that I've taken the time to talk to a lot.

I wanted to message everyone individually and ask them a few questions about themselves, just to know something about them, and develop a more meaningful relationship with everyone. Once I started constructing this list, I saw that it was a very difficult task to individually contact everyone. So I decided to accomplish this on a wider scale by posting it here in the forums.

So, this is directed at anyone who is playing this game and wishes to let everyone know a little bit more about themselves than what's on the surface. I'd like to encourage participation, as the more we know about each other, the stronger out community will get, which in turn will make everyone's time here more enjoyable. It's a win-win situation!

So please, post here anything interesting about yourself that most people here don't know. I will start off, and hopefully some of you will follow in suit Smile

My name is Steve, my favorite color is Green, and I live at home with my parents. I am 22 and currently a senior in college. I will be getting my bachelors degree in computer science this coming May and plan on moving to some big city and getting a career, starting my life, etc...

Most of my emotional stability comes from close friends and music (ranging across all genres, though I like black metal a LOT) My favorite band of all time is Radiohead and I have been to 2 of their shows before.

You've probably already picked this up, but I enjoy puzzles and solving problems. My role in this game is mostly solving puzzles. I barely speculate on the storyline and all that. I simply play for the comradery and puzzle solving, so I tend to be really happy on puzzle nights Smile

I'm almost always in the IRC chat room, so if you ever want to talk to me you know where to find me. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you post some interesting things about yourself, regardless of how short or long. This is our OpAphid community thread! If you play this game, you're invited to post in here.
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: ME FIRST ME FIRST! Reply with quote

Ok fine, my real name is Nathaniel, my favorite color is blue (blue owns green), I'm going to college right now at Pellissippi State Community College. I'm majoring in computer sciences. all of you who don't know me...either as Xrynaem or Nathaniel might know me as WatchingOpAphid...cos I have too much free time. That's really about all I want to share...oh, that and I lead the Collective.
[21:32] SuperRad7: you in trouble now, boi
[21:32] * Xrynaem cracks his fingers
[21:32] Xrynaem: Bring it!
[21:32] ThaBeave: D IN APHID!
[21:33] Xrynaem: OH SNAP!
[21:33] * ThaBeave KICKS XRY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
katz31
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, alrighty then. My name is Karin, and I'm one of the more "mature" members here. I had never even heard of ARG's before this, so I kinda got here by accident. But I love mysteries and puzzles and I'm a kid at heart, so here I am.

I'm a mom, wife and preschool teacher with a degree in interior design (because, you know, all preschool teachers need to know how to decorate their room!) Sunday School teacher, and I sing with the praise band at church. I love photography, playing the piano, writing, and scrapbooking . I've written a few fanfics that are online, but I won't mention that because that is just embarrassing...*ahem.*

I'm not all that great at solving puzzles or following the storyline, but occassionally I do get an epiphany and discover something.

Oh, and my favorite color is purple, and I love cats. I have an orange tabby named Mango and a tuxedo named Sonic, and a rat terrier named Koby.

Edit: for comma error, to add my pets names, and to mention Xry.

Last edited by katz31 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Asura. I am 21 years old, and I feel like im about 28. I have a beautiful 14 month old daughter named Quinn. I love music more than anything else in this world (aside form my daughter of course!) It is basically my life. I am a community college drop out, but I work hard. I work at Target mainly. I am also trying to start my own little music business thing. my favorite color changes depending on my mood. but usually it is yellow (gelb, hehe). anywho, enough for now.
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MaxZyrix
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for comradery!

So anyways, my actual name is Andrés and yes, I live in Colombia (although most of you already know that. Not Xry, tho... he always forgets XD ). I'm 22 years old, finished a career on psychology but I'm currently unemployed and living with my parents and siblings.

I really like cats and I have a wide range when it comes to musical tastes. I also like to surf the web for randomness and silly stuff just for the heck of it aaaand I think that's about it.

I stumbled upon all of this madness entirely by accident. I kept lurking the whole Cassie event and started participating actively with Op's part. This is my very first ARG and, so far, I'm loving it.

That'll be all for now. If you want to know anything else, just ask nicely. Drop me a line or whatever fits ya!

^_^

EDIT: I just thought this should be here too.

Last edited by MaxZyrix on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys! Its Minty!
Well, my real name is Leigh...
I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada. My favorite colour is BLUE!
(High fives Xry)
I'm a HUGE movie buff! I like all types of music. I am 27 years old, just had a birthday Nov.25
Is it just me, or do you guys feel like your on a dating website when doing this? I like long walks on the beach...blah blah...
AAANNYWAYS...I love you guys in #OperationAphid.
Too many late night good times!
FallingIntoSin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay! My turn Smile

Let's see...I'm 26, almost 27 and this is totally my first ARG. I didn't even know they exsisted! I stumbled on LonelyGirl.com after reading it on the "Frozen" list and and instantly became addicted to the idea and the characters. I kept seeing the OpAphid videos but never really watched them because I didn't understand or have any clue about an ARG. I stumbled into the chat and after lots of lurking got sucked in by all the great people Smile.

I went to college for journalism but ended up going back to become an addiction and crisis counselor...I'm hoping to start my MSW (masters of social work) this summer. I enjoy helping people.

I like all kinds of music, really, all kinds. My favorite is Tori Amos and Ben Folds. I see Tori everytime she comes to Chicago. I also love the "city life" and all the beautiful culture and art my city provides. Most days though I spend free my time doing yoga, running, shopping, and laughing with friends.

Oh. And I'm totally addicted to this site now. Thanks guys *Grin*.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss." --Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights

Last edited by FallingIntoSin on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxZyrix wrote:
Yay for comradery!

So anyways, my actual name is Andrés and yes, I live in Colombia (although most of you already know that. Not Xry, tho... he always forgets XD ). I'm 22 years old, finished a career on psychology but I'm currently unemployed and living with my parents and siblings.

I really like cats and I have a wide range when it comes to musical tastes. I also like to surf the web for randomness and silly stuff just for the heck of it aaaand I think that's about it.

I stumbled upon all of this madness entirely by accident. I kept lurking the whole Cassie event and started participating actively with Op's part. This is my very first ARG and, so far, I'm loving it.

That'll be all for now. If you want to know anything else, just ask nicely. Drop me a line or whatever fits ya!

^_^

I totally know it's colombia! BE NICE!

On a side note, I like being mentioned. We should all continue to mention me.
[21:32] SuperRad7: you in trouble now, boi
[21:32] * Xrynaem cracks his fingers
[21:32] Xrynaem: Bring it!
[21:32] ThaBeave: D IN APHID!
[21:33] Xrynaem: OH SNAP!
[21:33] * ThaBeave KICKS XRY
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a really neat idea, Acid. Yer so smart. ::head pat::

Lets see ... my real name is Melissa. I'm 24 and live in Miami. My favorite color is purple. (Purple FTW)

I graduated from college with a double major in communications and drama. I lived in New Orleans until Hurricane Katrina. My apartment's roof caved in and my job went bye-bye, so I relocated. My boyfriend is currently ontour with his band, so any boys who wish to keep me company inquire within .... ::Bats eyes::

My job is really borning, but just know that it deals with international trade. If you REALLY want it explained, PM me.

I love all the aspects about this ARG, but I have fallen into the "scribe" nitch. When I can, I like to arrange the facts to make them easier to study (ie -- character analysis, story synopsis). Right now I'm working on a HUGE one, hence why I haven't been posting too much online.

Uh, when I'm not doing this I like to read, play poker and watch America's Next Top Model with Minty and Dani. Laughing Oh yeah, I'm a huge music freak.

Oh, and uh ... Xry smells. There, I mentioned you.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here goes.

My real name is Courtney. I'm a 30 year old mother of 2 (yes, they are for rent Very Happy ) who owns a dance studio. I'm not married, although I refer to him as my Hubby, since we've lived together for many, many years. We might eventually get married, but its not really a priority. Making sure the kids are happy and the house doesn't fall down around us, those are the priorities.

I fell into this by accident, but I am so glad I did. I am the first to admit that 90% of the time I have no idea what the hell is going on (see my signature), but I really have a great time doing this. Its pretty much my "me" time.

I'm not much help on the majority of the puzzles, but every once in a while, I have an "Ah-Ha!" moment. Just don't count on them Very Happy
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww this is a good idea Smile

Name's Kelly everyone!!! I"m 19 (Turning 20 on December 17th). I have two kids. Mackenzie (4) and Lisa (1 1/2 months). I'm married to my long time internet sweet eart Jim. We knew each other for six years over theinterenet, met last november, got enganged in Janurary, pregnant in February, Married in May (in Cuba...man do I miss it), had the baby in October (on Jim's birthday too)...and now we're here.

My favorite colors are pink and black. I'm pretty wild and funky. I'm up for anything at least once. I'm pretty easy to confussed (natural blond)(HA). My favorite type of music is Rap/RnB/HipHop. I'm a freelance journalist/editor, but these forums have honestly put that on a backburner...man I suck. My fvorite shows include 106&park (BET), Video on Trial (MuchMusic), CSI, CSI:Miami. My husband is a Simpsons expert...so I should say simpsons in there too. Spiritually I study/practice Wicca in an eclectic sense. I have a wonderful crazy dog, whose name is Dita. She is a Lhasa Apso.

Internet wise you can pretty much find me here or on myspace or on AIM or on msn. With these forums and me trying to get my ass in gear and work i'm ALWAYS on the couch on the laptop Laughing . THis is my first ARG. i'm enjoying it lots. I'm usually jumping around the forums, collecting information to add it to my database o nthe computer (yup...its alll here!!!). Lov the site's chat! Ummmmm....yup.

Nice to meet you all!!!

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh...o.k... My name is Jennifer and I'm 29. My first bout in the ARG world was the clandestined Cassie Is Watching fiasco. I'm married, live in flippin' Indiana Rolling Eyes and am, as my mom puts it "a french girl raised by italians". I love music and reading anything I can get my hands on dealing with ancient civilations, especially Samaria, Mesopotamia, Rome, etc...etc... Um...Sort of a community theatre geek. I often come across as rude, but rarely mean to be. I'm happy with myself for the moment for tracking down the song on the Geico caveman commercial, the one in the airport...wow, that's sad. I enjoy sarcasm and dry humor. My fave color is either blue or green, I like long walks on the beach...wind blowing through my hair, yada yada...

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works been crazy lately so I haven't been contributing much to the boards lately, but lurking here keeps me sane Smile.

My real name is Leslie and I'm past the point of telling anyone my age. I live in Toronto, Canada and I am a web developer for an internet firm. The corporate world generally annoys me so I have also gone to art school. In my small amount of spare time, I hang out in the art community and write software for art projects. There are a lot of artists in Toronto working with robotics.

The quality of the video's first attracted me to Opaphid, and I've stayed for the puzzles. I'm not into anagrams so I never did get involved with Cassie. I've done a lot in Ms Kelly's HSA online world though.

I am completely fascinated by the LG15 world and it's implications from an art point of view. I am also quickly becoming a Youtube addict.
mourningbelle
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you guys!

So! My name is Angee, I'm from Canada. It's currently very cold and snowy here. I'm 24, I've recently kicked my horrendous roommates out so I live on my own.

I've been following this whole lg15 thing since before Cassie, but only signed up on the site at the beginning of October. I, too, love the puzzles. And Op! I love Op. *waves*

I'm currently working at the Canadian Cancer Society as a volunteer coordinator, but at the beginning of January I'll be switching over to the Kidney Foundation as a Special Events coordinator. I'm also a seamstress on the side..

I love to bake, I collect strange stuff (I've got a huge collection of velvet paintings, for example), play video games, and I'm constantly reading something. I have a fiendish love for Alton Brown. I'm generally in a really good mood, all the time. My favourite food is pad thai.

And that's it! You're always more than welcome to bug me on irc or msn.

Edit: Oh! My favourite colour is green.

Last edited by mourningbelle on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Radiohead

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: