Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A plea for bringing the chat back to the forums..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: A plea for bringing the chat back to the forums.. Reply with quote

I think that OpAphid has asked us to share more of the information here in the forums. Some people can't even get into the chat. So, I'll be here, waiting.. waiting to spread the information thru conversation.. c'mon, people!!

*crickets*

Team OpAphid

"Never interrupt a voodoo doctor."
"When forging a letter to nab a perp, be sure to use grammar and spelling appropriate to the education level of the person you're impersonating."
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that motion...

Ideas need to be documented.

http://www.youtube.com/group/GemmaSucks
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment...

sorting list into YT name only, Forum name only, and name on both. Results should get posted when done. Not sure what we'll find but it's an analysis.
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
At the moment...

sorting list into YT name only, Forum name only, and name on both. Results should get posted when done. Not sure what we'll find but it's an analysis.

yeah great for results.
but we want to help. not just sit back and let people who have access to the IRC help.
thats pointless and not fun.

i third the motion. bring it back.
its just not fair! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cu_Roi
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.

Yet at the same time, the Forums aren't Chat. Don't bury ideas under a mountain of single sentence posts that get us nowhere.

A single well thought out idea does more to progress the game than 1000 "I agree!" or "I'm think Bree is Hawt!" posts. There are many tools at your disposal. Chat is great for working out ideas in real time and socializing, and everyone is welcome! So try and join up. If it's beyond your capabilities to use #OpAphid, then use the personal messaging system here on the forum.

Please help out the Moderators, The Game, and most of all your fellow players by making the Topics here as information dense as possible.
"Death, in the strict sense, cannot be defined, for whatever predicate we, the living, attribute to it necessarily belongs to Life. This means that Death, as a category, behaves in a manner indistinguishable from the Infinite, and from God."
MaxZyrix
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also fond to the forums (there would be NO chatroom if it wasnt for the forums) so I'm gonna get in there and see what I can do. I don't want to become a reason for a flame war or something, but I do think it's unfair for the peeps that don't get in the chatroom.
horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cu_Roi wrote:
I agree.

Yet at the same time, the Forums aren't Chat. Don't bury ideas under a mountain of single sentence posts that get us nowhere.

A single well thought out idea does more to progress the game than 1000 "I agree!" or "I'm think Bree is Hawt!" posts. There are many tools at your disposal. Chat is great for working out ideas in real time and socializing, and everyone is welcome! So try and join up. If it's beyond your capabilities to use #OpAphid, then use the personal messaging system here on the forum.

Please help out the Moderators, The Game, and most of all your fellow players by making the Topics here as information dense as possible.

i understand your point, but at the same time. we can't play the game if only three of us are participating in the forums. with only a few participating in the forums, we reach conclusions way after the chat. and only after we post them does someone come back and post "oh yeah, we already figured that out in the chat, sorry forgot to post it"

if thats not a total down and bummer. and a discouragement for most. then i don't know what is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the chat can be fun.

But the forums are being overlooked. And other points that have already been brought up, so on and so on..

Team OpAphid

"When forging a letter to nab a perp, be sure to use grammar and spelling appropriate to the education level of the person you're impersonating."
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horcruxes- don't be discouraged. Have you gotten any communication with Aphid yet?

Team OpAphid

horcruxes
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helix52 wrote:
horcruxes- don't be discouraged. Have you gotten any communication with Aphid yet?

i haven't tried. the last message i sent her i think she read it but didn't reply. but my other messges she replied with. and it was the first mention of a "development at one of our facilities" which proved to be true with the drop and confirmation that Tachyon betrayed the Operation...

i'm getting discouraged because everyone is in the chat and not here.
i can get to the chat, but i have to switch between two browsers. and its rather annoying. and i don't like how dead the forums are. i like the forums better.
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are some who are in the forums.. and I've asked countless times in chat that they come back here.. someone said it was "faster" there. Just stick with it, I have a feeling things will turn around Smile

Team OpAphid

Captious
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are things being posted in the forum that are talked about in chat but the fact is that forum posting is just too slow and too much of what we all do is speculation that goes nowhere. That needs a place in the chat. It's not that the chat is keeping things to itself. It posts it up here. It's that the chat is a real time hive mind. So of course it is normally going to get the clues faster.
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see how the forums are slow. We don't want everyday chat going on here, just posting of information, and collaboration on figuring out the clues..

Team OpAphid

evaB
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks for those of us in far away time zones, though.
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what sucks?

Team OpAphid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: