Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Gemma trying to tell us something?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raindown
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Is Gemma trying to tell us something? Reply with quote

Am I the only one who felt like Gemma's trying to tell *us* something in her last video?

"To be fair, they probably think I'm the one with the nasty habits or unsavory personality. ...That's not true"
her 'flamates' dislike her, but they don't know who she really is - just like many of us do (I disliked her character myself, and many people were saying they don't trust her....)

That video made me think it over, maybe she's in Bree's favour actually.
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right about that interpretation raindown. Though, I never considered Gemma to be conspiring against Bree, this may help disuade some Gemma haters.
raindown
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inigo wrote:
You're right about that interpretation raindown. Though, I never considered Gemma to be conspiring against Bree, this may help disuade some Gemma haters.

I admit disliking Gemma myself, and thinking she was sent by The Order... now I've just been reconsidering my opinions Smile
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raindown wrote:
Inigo wrote:

I admit disliking Gemma myself, and thinking she was sent by The Order... now I've just been reconsidering my opinions Smile

I've enhanced the sound her her arguing with her imaginary flatmate....

here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHYrD2jA5TY
Icaterus
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't make out most of that. A transcript would be nice Razz

Thanks for watching as I fall.
imogene2004
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raindown wrote:
Inigo wrote:

I thought, and still think, that Gemma is working for The Order. Here's a comment I posted to the On the Run video explaining why I think so.....

imogene2004 wrote:
Reb wrote:
I think that the only way that the story is going to be able to progress is if either Gemma starts speaking for the order (which I suggest might be the case because I still think that there is something dodgy about her).

My thoughts exactly! I posted this comment about Gemma being involved with the cult on the DANIELBEAST WON'T BE PART OF LG15 ANYMORE! thread:

imogene2004 wrote:
I kinda have this idea that Gemma doesn't actually live in London. Maybe she was raised there, but is now living near Bree, and Bree's not aware of it. Gemma is in cahoots with the cult and is trying to portray herself to Bree as someone who is somewhat impartial. Someone who has a lot of knowledge about this "religion" so she can advise her, but not as someone who is trying to influence her. When in reality she is trying to subtly influence her to go along with what she is told to do....like in the They Disappeared video, she dropped hints that if Bree backed out, her and her family would "disappear." And in the Horrid Flatmates video, posted not even two full days after Bree's Where are my parents? video, she is a little too concerned about Bree's whereabouts. Maybe Gemma does still live in London, though, but I still think she is working with the cult. She found Bree on YouTube and notified the deacons, and now she is sort of their spy posing as Bree's friend. I don't know.....

There has to be some point to her character, because so far, she seems pointless....and annoying if you ask me. I might actually be able to tolerate her character, maybe even like her, if she turned out to have some significance to the story. I hope she is one of the bad guys, that would make this so much more interesting.
Pi
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Is Gemma trying to tell us something? Reply with quote

raindown wrote:
Am I the only one who felt like Gemma's trying to tell *us* something in her last video?

"To be fair, they probably think I'm the one with the nasty habits or unsavory personality. ...That's not true"
her 'flamates' dislike her, but they don't know who she really is - just like many of us do (I disliked her character myself, and many people were saying they don't trust her....)

That video made me think it over, maybe she's in Bree's favour actually.

Well, if you consider astronomy/astrology/zodiac/stars and stuff... isn't she suppose to be an Aries? Aren't Aries suppose to be independent and have combative personalities? (whistles innocently (I'm not an Aries ..really!)) Gemma did continue to see Sam, she did leave the commune, her and her mother both seem to admire Mama Bree's willful nature, and Gemma was arguing with herself. (laughs) I dunno, I'm probably reaching.

Tell you what though. I think it's cute her name means "gem" or "jewel" in latin and that she said she had a thing for gold jewlery when she was a little girl. You think that's her real name or a nickname?

Anyways, I did get a little suspicious when she started fingering the strand of black beads around her throat. It seemed a little unnatural. Doing a little reading it looks like black symbolized death, underworld, night, fertility, resurrection, and Egypt itself in ancient times. Maybe something, maybe nothing...dunno. (sighs)

Article on Egyptian Color Code:http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/colorcode.htm

Yours,
Pi
steamywndr
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: gemma=london? Reply with quote

I agree on the not living in london thing--all her " londonisms" sound forced and fakelike flatmates, wanker, the tube bla bla. it caught my attention but now I think this may be a valid point.
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icaterus wrote:
I still can't make out most of that. A transcript would be nice Razz

What a fantastic idea.... get to it Very Happy It's something about plug holes.
JacksAndDouches
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't jump to conclusions on the slang. flatmates is semi universal. and as for "wanker" it was said in jest. how many of you in the states are guilty of imitating a hillbillie once in a good while? and keep in mind she's not FROM london, she just lives there now, if I moved to LA right now I wouldn't suddenly sound like a valley girl. But I might subconciously pick up on some slang....Like whatever!
707clique
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all that gemma is trying to tell you are words that are improperly pronounced lol...(its hella funny to correct English people on their speech...they get SO PISSED OFF when you do that.)
TheRealDeacon
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Beware of Gemma Reply with quote

Too many of you are just looking for a reason to like her. I think she's hot, but she is a tool of "The Order". What a coincidence that she "found" Bree when she did. Either she is going to mislead Bree, or she just isn't a very good actress (but still very hot!), or she's acting like a very poor (but hot) actress.

I believe her character lives in London. Why not? Her family could have moved anywhere, just like Bree's family did. "The Order" obviously is a world wide whatever it is so there would be little to gain by pretending to be in London.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Beware of Gemma Reply with quote

TheRealDeacon wrote:
Too many of you are just looking for a reason to like her. I think she's hot, but she is a tool of "The Order". What a coincidence that she "found" Bree when she did. Either she is going to mislead Bree, or she just isn't a very good actress (but still very hot!), or she's acting like a very poor (but hot) actress.

I believe her character lives in London. Why not? Her family could have moved anywhere, just like Bree's family did. "The Order" obviously is a world wide whatever it is so there would be little to gain by pretending to be in London.

it wud be good if gemma was actually in the us and she will be part of the ceremony aswell and pretending to be in england to act more as a friend and push her into to doing the ceremony kind of thing, but then bree and daniel see her (while ironically recording) and are like "omg gemma what are you doing here" and gemmas like "o shit, ermmm i'm on hols .... yes hols thats it Shocked *run awayyyyyyyy*"

and b and d are like Shocked Confused "wtf"?

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
CriticalThinking
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware of Gemma Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
TheRealDeacon wrote:

it wud be good if gemma was actually in the us and she will be part of the ceremony aswell and pretending to be in england to act more as a friend and push her into to doing the ceremony kind of thing, but then bree and daniel see her (while ironically recording) and are like "omg gemma what are you doing here" and gemmas like "o shit, ermmm i'm on hols .... yes hols thats it Shocked *run awayyyyyyyy*"

LOL!! I love you...

Sorry if that wasn't supposed to be funny, but it was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware of Gemma Reply with quote

CriticalThinking wrote:
iamcool wrote:
TheRealDeacon wrote:

LOL!! I love you...

Sorry if that wasn't supposed to be funny, but it was.

haha i love u 2 Razz

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: