Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Story So Far
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: The Story So Far Reply with quote

Links Corrected!
Sorry the server shift messed with links

New? Lurking? Catching up?
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=OpAphid

Reader’s Digest Version Narrative
OpAphid made their appearance by posting a video response to Bree’s “My Difficult Decision”. In this video Op praises Bree for sticking with the ceremony and turning Daniel away.

Op then turned her sites on Cassie with a series of videos that openly mocked the specter. Through this series of videos a phone number was discovered that lead to a voicemail from Op asking us to be prepared.

One of OpAphid’s information gather facilities was broken into and while most items were found in the park by Op’s people, we were asked to double check. At this point we found the first drop items that lead to the discovery of Tachyon, a double agent who had infiltrated OpAphid’s regime. Tachyon had grown restless in her mission and bolted early much to the dismay of “Mom and Dad”.

When the items were recovered, the recovery team also received 2 phone calls. One from “Brother”, Tachyon’s partner and another from Op. The first call was an attempt by Brother to contact Tachyon and failing that, gather information about her where…abouts. The followup call was a pass/fail message from Op. Loyalty = Pass. Turning over info = Fail.

Others also received these calls later and it was discovered that the phone Op had used for the VM puzzle was Tachyon’s that she had lost while undercover.

Tachyon’s ran North through Bakersfield to Santa Nella. Here Tachyon leaves more clues for Brother. She is presumably hitchhiking at this point. There is a copy of the Thelemic text “The Book of The Law” and a bookmark indicating Tachyon’s opinions of this text. Also in the drop, a video of Daniel following Lucy.

Craigslist posts travel through Merced and Modesto and reveal more messages from Tachyon to Brother Notable: “Thelema a of ?” which implies that Thelema might not be the only religion that Op has it’s fingers in. There is also a message to pass along
”HE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN ON TO HIM IT IS NOT LIKE THEY JUST STOP TRACKING SOMEONE”

Tachyon’s travels now take her to San Francisco. This message is meant for the people who have been getting to drops before Brother. “Take Warning”, Nancy Drew’s Guide to Life (full of spy tips), “Who watches the watchers?” and the big one, five photos of Daniel at the ceremony.

Since Tachyon’s cell phone has been under Aphid control, she’s needed a new phone line. Brother has come though for her…the puzzle was long and involved math. Sometimes it helps to come in late.

Brother tells us he is also being followed, hence the man who knew too little routine. He also dials in his youtube account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reader's Digest Version - With puzzles and solutions

OpAphid first appeared with the video You Made the Right Choice, Bree! in response to Bree’s My Difficult Decision video. OpAphid has since posted comments and videos to Bree, Cassie (Cassieiswatching), Daniel and Gemma. These are generally warnings, some nicer than others, that insinuate that OpAphid is connected to Bree’s religion and that Cassie and Daniel should watch their step.

OpA posted a number of videos, mostly Cassie centric, and after giving us a set of 5 Cassie videos we had a puzzle on our hands
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php/Set_of_Five

This lead to a phone number
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Set_of_Five

OpAphid announced a break in and after finding the drop
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Drop_1_%28bowling_for_light%29

We met our new friend Tachyon
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Tachyon_%28character%29

Tachyon is a spy that has left OpAphid with trinkets in tow but has only her moronic partner, known simply as Brother, to help her. Brother made some calls
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=The_Test_%28USA_Today%29

Mom and Dad aren’t pleased. Tachyon is on the run and has been leaving clues for Brother.
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Drop_2_%28where_IS_she_going%3F%29

Brother isn’t the quickest secret agent and we’ve gotten there first. At the moment we have selections from the book of the law (as noted on the bookmark), messages from craigslist postings and rehashed video of Daniel stalking Bree. The greater meaning…we aren’t so sure there.

Tachyon's drop (11-11-06) (much like the last drop there is a lot of speculation plotwise)
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Drop_3_%28The_Tachyon_Mystery_Stories%29

Tachyon gets a new phone line and Brother gets a Youtube
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=Adventures_in_New_Phone_Lines:_The_Musical

At approx...*checks watch* 7:45PM eastern time OpAphid became, and I can't say we didn't warn you, official canon. Wooooooooooot!!!

Stay Tuned
Same Bug Time
Same Bug Channel (irc #operationaphid that is)

Last edited by tigerlilylynn on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:00 pm; edited 6 times in total
Ergo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, this filled in a few holes for me, nice work. Smile

One thing I'm confused about, "after finding the drop we met Tachyon." Did clues from the drop lead to Tachyon, or was her profile simply discovered around that time?

While I've read up on the calls, I am still confused as to how he just called all these random forum members. Or were we calling him first?
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ergo wrote:
Aha, this filled in a few holes for me, nice work. Smile

One thing I'm confused about, "after finding the drop we met Tachyon." Did clues from the drop lead to Tachyon, or was her profile simply discovered around that time?

While I've read up on the calls, I am still confused as to how he just called all these random forum members. Or were we calling him first?

We discovered her then (although a couple of players found the profile before the PM wanted us to)

Those who called and left their numbers when it was Op's "well done" message were called by brother.
Unadrieniel
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: on second thought Reply with quote

im a dumbass. i do get wots ahppeing but i dont understand the things about numbers and ciphers. anyway u can explain this to me?

Welcome back to the Teen Angst Adventure Gang!
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciphers are codes. The most basic is a single shift so:
shfdq with each letter shifted one over is tiger.

For the GPS cipher it was solved like this
First letter G = A (and shift the rest of the alphbet accordingly)
Second letter P = A
Third letter S = A
And repeat through the message.

There are handy online translators for these as well as for morse code (I can't say I miss that), binary, hexadecimal and other common codes.

*rereads*
That sounds waaaay to pedantic. I assure you I looked this all up.
Unadrieniel
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol no that helps! i did look it up but explanatons were oddly long winded.

im glad there are translators though! i lost patience during all that morse code and anagram stuff.

i really dont miss that either although its frustrating wen uc ant figure something like that out lol

Welcome back to the Teen Angst Adventure Gang!
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my question is why is she running? I understand the calls, and brother sister and opaphid... but why is she on the run? Also, how is this related to LG? I mean, is Opaphid a friend... or a part of "the order"?
covedweller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewelybug wrote:
I guess my question is why is she running? I understand the calls, and brother sister and opaphid... but why is she on the run? Also, how is this related to LG? I mean, is Opaphid a friend... or a part of "the order"?

OpAphid is like the Order's enforcers or task force. Tachyon was undercover and when she left she stole a bunch of stuff from their information center, like that they have a GPS on Daniel's car.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: There may not yet be two identifiable sides. Reply with quote

damnatio memoriae

Last edited by ApotheosisAZ on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated
Jewelybug
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me ask you guys something if you don't mind. I am really leaning towards canon for this whole opaphid thing... but... if she was/is canon why was she making so many videos about cassie, who apparently is fake? i guess i still have that question running through my mind. What is your opinion on this?
helix52
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewelybug wrote:
Let me ask you guys something if you don't mind. I am really leaning towards canon for this whole opaphid thing... but... if she was/is canon why was she making so many videos about cassie, who apparently is fake? i guess i still have that question running through my mind. What is your opinion on this?

Wow, there is so much going on that I didn't even have time to think about that.. I was also thinking OpA may be from the Creators.. but with the whole subject of Cassie the Abandoner brought up I'm re-thinking that.. Or maybe it was done to throw us off? Or perhaps Cassie popped up and the Creators decided to do something with her, not being able to predict that she'd fall away..

Team OpAphid

"Never interrupt a voodoo doctor."
"When forging a letter to nab a perp, be sure to use grammar and spelling appropriate to the education level of the person you're impersonating."
jessiann
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found something interesting, looking at Tachyon's profile on yt. Tachyon has added only one friend to her list. That one friend is Gemma, aka Gemmers 19. Could't that be pretty solid proof its canon?
evaB
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
with the whole subject of Cassie the Abandoner

wait, I missed that. Has Op/Bree mentioned Cassie again lately?
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpAphid has seemed done with Cassie since the 5/5 videos and Disclosure. Though a message or two might have mentioned her in a threatening way. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: