Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SPEC] 11-12-06 DANIEL PHOTOS FROM DROP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glory285
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so, I wasn't sure where to post this, and im not sure if its significant, but when i was looking at danielbeasts profile, he mentions that there is a fake danielbeast on youtube,
Quote:
I'm Daniel... Bree's friend. This is the REAL profile.
Look at the "Address" bar above and see that there is NO capital "i" in my username... I use a lowercase "L" BLOCK the other guy.
Also, go to THE REAL lonelygirl15 and see that she links to ME, not him.

After reading about Tachyon's "I", "i" theory, i checked out if it makes any difference on youtube whether or not you change a capital letter to a lowercase in a username, it doesnt, so there can't be a "fake" danielbeast,
I suppose the theory im trying to bring out here is that maybe daniel is part of tachs organization? maybe he uses the same idea as tachs "I" "i"???? just something i noticed.
Edit: because i spell like a 'tard.
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glory285 wrote:
Ok, so, I wasn't sure where to post this, and im not sure if its significant, but when i was looking at danielbeasts profile, he mentions that there is a fake danielbeast on youtube,
Quote:
Look at the "Address" bar above and see that there is NO capital "i" in my username... I use a lowercase "L" BLOCK the other guy.

After reading about Tachyon's "I", "i" theory, i checked out if it makes any difference on youtube whether or not you change a capital letter to a lowercase in a username, it doesnt, so there can't be a "fake" danielbeast,
I suppose the theory im trying to bring out here is that maybe daniel is part of tachs organization? maybe he uses the same idea as tachs "I" "i"???? just something i noticed.

I highly doubt it. Daniel's profile has been like that since the beginning. From a little prying I've done, it looks like the OpAphid arc started in late September, when Op's profile was made, opaphid.com was purchased, etc. etc. I think Daniel's profile was written that way to distinquish from any fanfiction that might have come out, trying to jack the main storyline.

Mike
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glory285 wrote:
Quote:

But there is a fake YT danielbeast, with a capital 'i' (I) instead of the lowercase 'L' (l).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=danieIbeast
Glory285
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Glory285 wrote:
Quote:

But there is a fake YT danielbeast, with a capital 'i' (I) instead of the lowercase 'L' (l).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=danieIbeast

See, all i did was change the letters from "i" to "I" and "l" to "L"... Embarassed
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't really satisfied with the screen cap comparison's that have been put up so far (no offense to the people who made them...I just didn't feel like I could make an accurate judgement based on them), so I made one of my own that will hopefully help other confused people. It led me to an interesting conclusion.

Here's the first one:

My conclusion is that these are definitely different pictures, taken at different places, but not necessarily of different people. Of course, the first photo could be the same as one of the other Tach drop photos, just at a different angle. More on why that might be later.

edit: Everyone else thinks it's a road, not a river. I bow to majority opinion.

And the second:

I think these ARE the same picture--or, at least, taken of the same person in the same place at the same time.

Now, I got to thinking, especially about the second picture, because I was puzzled about the difference in the way that the photo was out of focus. I have two thoughts on this. First, I've taken photos with my digital camera where a picture taken with the flash comes out like the DB photo, while the same photo without the flash looks more like the Tachyon drop photo. That's one explanation. The second explanation is that the same picture was taken at the same time, but by two different people with two different cameras. I find this explanation more interesting, because it seems to connect with the quote "Who watches the watchers?" If two people were taking pictures of Daniel as he was watching the fake ceremony, one was certainly taken by representatives of the Order and is the one that appeared on Lucy's computer. But the other one would have been taken by a third party, who might not only have been watching Daniel, but the other photographer as well. This third photographer would be watching the watcher...who was watching Daniel, who was watching Bree...

Another screen cap from the "Following the Helper" video that we should keep in mind:

This is the picture of the "10-12-06" folder that Daniel opened on Lucy's computer. We can see at the bottom of the screen that at least three files exist in this folder. So even though we only see two photos of Daniel in the video, we know more photos exist...these might explain the photos Tach has. Or they might not. But it's important to keep in mind.

Sorry for excessive length...

Last edited by tiltingwindward on Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job tilting. Those are much better caps.

But you missed one! There are 3 different pics shown in the video. The first one appears for just a few frames.

Oh, and that's a road not a river lol. Don't you see the cars? Damn, pics aren't supposed to be this subjective.

At the end as Daniel freaks out and gets himself out of there, the camera pans briefly over almost all of the bottom of the screen, where you can clearly see that the folder has 4 files, and the one selected for previewing is the 3rd, the last one that Daniel saw, where he's crouching.

Grrr.. I think I'm going to have to do those caps after all.
NikkiBowerReport
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Everyone else thinks it's a road, not a river.

Great job with the comparison! But yes, this is a road, not a river. In the "Ceremony" video Daniel films a bald body guard type walking below on a road along a line of cars. I believe it is from where we see Daniel in these pictures that he filmed the man. I visited the site and know that the trail to the ceremony is on the other side of that road.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Grrr.. I think I'm going to have to do those caps after all.

Ok, here we go. This is the first pic Daniel saw:

Callouts say:
Red: Tachyon's "originals" cropped?
Yellow: Car doesn't match
Tan: Foliage covers subject

I didn't bother with the other two as tilting's caps are great.

And...

Shows Lucy's '10-12-06' folder filmstrip with 4 pics. The third one is selected, the last image Daniel previewed (Daniel crouching).
covedweller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While perhaps not the same pics, they really do look as if they were taken the same day/location/person. I stick by my canon assessment, if only that it would take way too much effort to duplicate that kind of thing. Laughing
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having looked at Deagol's screen caps...

...first, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, Deagol. Do you think that they're the same picture? Different? Taken at the same time? Etc. I appreciate that you caught this photo (I can't slow it down enough to do so), but I'm not sure what you want to say about it.

...second, I think the Lucy photo is definitely the same as the left-hand Tach photo. I think the Tach photo was taken at a closer distance than the Lucy photo, which accounts for the difference in the appearance of the vegetation. I'm less sure about the right-hand photo, mostly because it's so blurry. All these photos look like they could have been taken by the same camera. So...there's my two cents.
El.Rubber.Ducky
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoah that whole thing with the pictures is something pretty smart, I would'nt have even thought of that. Props to you. Mr. Green
El.Rubber.Ducky
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperRad wrote:

Also, its so cyoot how Daniel wears camo pants when he's trying to be all sneaky. Awww.

Heh. I didnt even notice they were camo til you pointed it out. Heh heh.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
Having looked at Deagol's screen caps...

...first, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, Deagol. Do you think that they're the same picture? Different? Taken at the same time? Etc. I appreciate that you caught this photo (I can't slow it down enough to do so), but I'm not sure what you want to say about it.

I just think the OpAphid PMs did a very good reenactment, on the same location, taken a different day, with a Daniel look-alike. Remember, this is Hollywood. They can do that kind of stuff in their sleep.

Yes, this is my subjective impression, as it's still possible that these are other pics from the same session, or perhaps as you say they were taken by a different person. I don't think that's the case as I don't see the need for it. It would be too complicated as a story device.

tiltingwindward wrote:
...second, I think the Lucy photo is definitely the same as the left-hand Tach photo. I think the Tach photo was taken at a closer distance than the Lucy photo, which accounts for the difference in the appearance of the vegetation.

I don't understand what you mean. How can it be "definitely the same" picture but taken at a closer distance? I suppose they could be taken in sequence during the same session. But if they had access to the whole set, why would the OpAphid PMs not use the exact same pictures we saw on Lucy's computer? Wouldn't that be definite proof of canonicity?

However, in-game I think we are to assume these are the very same pics we saw on Daniel's video. This is the "reality" presented to us by Tachyon, reinforcing the notion that Operation Aphid is the organization within the Order tasked with tracking Daniel.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
I appreciate that you caught this photo (I can't slow it down enough to do so)

You can download any video from lonelygirl15.com (click where it says "Download Entire Video" at the very bottom of the page). It's a .mov file, which you can open with QuickTime (if you have iTunes you already have QuickTime). In QuickTime you can pause it, and then move back and forth, frme by frame with the arrow keys. It's great for those hard to pause spots.
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
tiltingwindward wrote:
I appreciate that you caught this photo (I can't slow it down enough to do so)

You can download any video from lonelygirl15.com (click where it says "Download Entire Video" at the very bottom of the page). It's a .mov file, which you can open with QuickTime (if you have iTunes you already have QuickTime). In QuickTime you can pause it, and then move back and forth, frme by frame with the arrow keys. It's great for those hard to pause spots.

But then I wouldn't be able to claim that I have no place on the tech squad. Wink I'll stick with screen caps and text analysis, and restrain myself from finding more ways to let this take over my life...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: