Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photo In Bree's Room
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
je_danse112
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Photo In Bree's Room Reply with quote

I'm just wildly speculating here, but I noticed that In Bree's room, there is a photo on the left side of her room that is black. Below it there are some candles. Not that I'm suggesting some sort of crazy altar or anything, but could that have anything to do with her religion, or do you think that is just decoration?
Robert
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[That picture is one of Aleister Crowley, which leads many to believe that she is a Satanist or is of the Thelema religion.]

[Robert]
je_danse112
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thankyou.
robofridge
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to make out the photograph next to the candles.

It looks like 3 men.
Lonelyirishgirl18
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: could be... Reply with quote

Maybe it is some crazy altar? Remember when Daniel was lighting candles in her room and when he went to light the ones below the picture she kind of freaked out a bit? Just a thought...
je_danse112
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes! I do remember now... which video was that in again?
x321y123
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the photo that is framed in her room on the wall.

http://www.egc.org.uk/saints_sinners/egc_aleister_crowley.shtml

I'm still searching for the photo that's on her bookself.
x321y123
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

je_danse112 wrote:
Oh, yes! I do remember now... which video was that in again?

That's from "What Did Daniel and Dad Talk About?" on august 7, 2006
robofridge
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm looking at the other photo, too.

I thought it was 3 men, but they're boys.

Looks like from the 60's.
Terryfic
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Daniel once commented that, that picture is of Bree’s father and his brothers.
robofridge
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Interesting. Dad on the alter...
lazycrapforcrap
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Thelema, but why? Reply with quote

Since she has a photo of Crowley, my guess is she is part of the Thelema faith. 2 reasons...

1) Bree mentioned that she is going to be part of a ceremony which seemed pretty important to her. Thelema has some public rituals there are 2 (that I know of) remaining, "The Rite of the Holy Mother in Autumn" & "The Return of the Light, a celebration held one week after the Winter Solstice, usually on December 28 each year."
Both seem pretty important.

2) We have all heard that "lonelygurl15's" ip address was allegedly traced to the Creative Artists Agency in LA which is only 12 mins away from the THE TEMPLE OF THELEMA a.k.a. Harpocrates Temple No. 1.

The one thing I don't get is why "The Creators" would allow this character to be associated with Crowley, I mean his background is pretty volatile, in my opinion, to even hint at a connection with Magick & Mysticism (which can be easily misunderstood) is also just as volatile. Then again it is possible that all persons involved (except Daniel apparently) are in fact members of the Thelema faith, and perhaps this is a youth group project?

Thoughts anyone?

lzy
Satyr
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Thelema, but why? Reply with quote

lazycrapforcrap wrote:
1) Bree mentioned that she is going to be part of a ceremony which seemed pretty important to her. Thelema has some public rituals there are 2 (that I know of) remaining, "The Rite of the Holy Mother in Autumn" & "The Return of the Light, a celebration held one week after the Winter Solstice, usually on December 28 each year."
Both seem pretty important.

Is there a source for these? Don't think I've heard of either.

Strictly speaking, Thelema has no public rituals as such. The EGC celebrates Mass, which is often public though not necessarily so. Local bodies of the OTO hold various rituals and observances, but there is really no set schedule of "feast days" that is universally recognized.

Why Crowley? Because as a menacing figure, Crowley is ready-made, requiring little effort on the part of "The Creators" to paint him as "evil". In his lifetime, the man was proclaimed to be the "wickedist man in the world" by the press and Crowley himself did nothing to change that public image. The only bad publicity is no publicity at all, as they say.

What we have is some young and beautiful innocent trapped in a vaguely sinister situation just waiting to be rescued from god-only-knows. It's a pretty standard plot device. Using an historical figure like Crowley, instead of some fantasy evil, adds a touch of realism, inviting us to suspend our disbelief for the moment and entertain the possibillity that this could really be happening.
fizzlefest
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this has been mentioned yet. On the main page of this very site, there are graphics at both the top and bottom of the page. Included in those graphics is a unicursal hexagram, which can be found HERE in direct reference to Aleister Crowley.

StretchBeast
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some excellent information on Thelema including Holy Days and points of passage at this site: http://www.religioustolerance.org/thelema1.htm

I have enjoyed the entire lonelygirl15 experience immensely. This includes being duped and all the whining an bickering since the creators have come forth. Thank you all for your input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: