Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0078 "Fleeing the Watcher"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
about the music...Hello I have news for you: Bree is fake, LG15 is a movie. Not a vlog. If you want to see the boring life of brainless teenagers, you know where to go, YouTube is full of that crap. Now, if you accept that this is a show, then the music is really cool in most of the vids. . . . Do you miss something at some point? Hello!!!

Excuse me, but I don't appreciate your tone.

My message didn't attack you or anyone else, including the creators. It was a completely valid criticism of some of the creative choices that have been reflected in the videos lately.

The creators say they're trying to invent a new form of entertainment. Part of that form, up until recently, has included a commitment to verisimilitude. That commitment was strong enough that thousands of people believed that Bree was real.

Now the creators appear to have made the choice to abandon, or at least lessen, that commitment. As I said in my earlier post, that choice is evidenced by the use of music in this one video. I have not criticized the use of music in earlier vids; I think it's been entirely consistent with what a teenager, brainless or otherwise, would do in a vlog.

You may very well disagree with me. But that does not give you the right to insult me or my intelligence.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
Where the hell does that third person stuff come from? There is absolutely no third person filming in that vid. Rolling Eyes
At the beginning Daniel holds the cam, and later on they drop it on the bed, just like any person who has other things to do in such a moment with a cam that happens to be turned on. I don't see you get all excited. Watch the vid and use your eyes.

And about the music...Hello I have news for you: Bree is fake, LG15 is a movie. Not a vlog. If you want to see the boring life of brainless teenagers, you know where to go, YouTube is full of that crap. Now, if you accept that this is a show, then the music is really cool in most of the vids. Then I have more news: in case you didn't get it yet, it's supposed to be interactive. We get only what we ask for. That's the whole LG15 mechanism at work here. Gemma's here to interact with Bree and points to her all the concerns we have here on the forum. NikkiBower is not canon, she is just doing what we were asked to do by the Creators: she created a character and they take it into account and interact with her story. Do you miss something at some point? Hello!!!

hmmmm i wonder what would have happened if i would have said this? maybe the whole forum on my back and admins sending me pm's again? bk.... u always seem to be there when i say something ... where were u here?

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

Excuse me, but I don't appreciate your tone.......
You may very well disagree with me. But that does not give you the right to insult me or my intelligence.

Actually it does, but that would be another debate. Your message did attack my intelligence, and it wasn't a valid criticism considering we all know that LG15 is a written show solely dedicated to our entertainment. The so-called commitment to verisimilitude has long been abandonned in the series. Like 79 vids ago. Music has been a diegetic element in every single movie shot since the first Lumiere's attempts to make cinema entertainment. Once again it is not a vlog. It takes the form of it for pure narrative purposes. I do apologize for being rude with, you and others of your clique, and excuse you since you asked me, but I will not agree with you nor pretend I do.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I don't know why I'm in such a bad mood today...oh wait, yes, I do know why!)
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:

why?

DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

iamcool wrote:

hmmmm i wonder what would have happened if i would have said this? maybe the whole forum on my back and admins sending me pm's again? bk.... u always seem to be there when i say something ... where were u here?

You would have been tortured and put to death in public for sure! Wink
Broken Kid
Site Admin

Please, people, disagree all you want, but do not make comments about insulting people's intelligence or similar. Disagreement is great... it's how we figure things out, but no one needs to feel belittled by their ideas or opinions.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

DontHaveAClue wrote:
iamcool wrote:

You would have been tortured and put to death in public for sure! Wink

Laughing thats probably true Razz

DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
DontHaveAClue wrote:

why?

Shall I tell it to you using codes, or anagrams, or hidden phone numbers or puzzles and so?
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Please, people, disagree all you want, but do not make comments about insulting people's intelligence or similar. Disagreement is great... it's how we figure things out, but no one needs to feel belittled by their ideas or opinions.

u never answered my questions Smile what would have happened if i said it?
i would have been lynched!

iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
iamcool wrote:
DontHaveAClue wrote:

why?

Shall I tell it to you using codes, or anagrams, or hidden phone numbers or puzzles and so?

ahhh yer i was pretty peeved wen it became canon aswell, just ignor it as much as possible

Broken Kid
Site Admin

iamcool wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:

u never answered my questions Smile what would have happened if i said it?
i would have been lynched!

Please, let's not stray any more off-topic. We've been talking via PM, and I think everyone is of more level heads today...
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

Broken Kid wrote:

I'm done. Cool
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontHaveAClue wrote:
Languorous Lass wrote:

Excuse me, but I don't appreciate your tone.......

Your message did attack my intelligence.

I went back and reread my message, and I can see how you would think that I was disagreeing with your statement that the music was great. I don't disagree. It was great. I simply do not think that music, great or not, belonged in the video at all.

DontHaveAClue wrote:
it wasn't a valid criticism considering we all know that LG15 is a written show solely dedicated to our entertainment.

I do not agree at all that our knowing that the show is fiction completely invalidates any criticism of the way the creators choose to present the storyline. Again, you may disagree with me that music was inappropriate in the video (as you obviously do). But your opinion does not invalidate all opinions that differ from yours.

DontHaveAClue wrote:
Music has been a diegetic element in every single movie shot since the first Lumiere's attempts to make cinema entertainment.

I'm sorry, but my dictionary does not define "diegetic." What does that mean?

DontHaveAClue wrote:
I do apologize for being rude with, you and others of your clique

I have a clique? My jaw honestly dropped when I read this statement. I have no such thing. I don't hang out with anyone on this board. I've never even posted in the party thread. There may be people who agree with some of my theories, but they aren't a "clique."

DontHaveAClue wrote:
I will not agree with you nor pretend I do.

I'm not asking you to. I'm simply asking you to state your disagreement in a non-insulting way.

DontHaveAClue wrote:

Yeah, me too. Let's all just take a deep breath and stop jumping on each other (and go yell at the creators instead).

(BK: j/k.)
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:

I'm sorry, but my dictionary does not define "diegetic." What does that mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diegesis

Sorry, being a big fan of narratology in general and Gerard Genette in particular, I tend to think everybody knows about it all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: