Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion] OpAphid, Canon?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: [Discussion] OpAphid, Canon? Reply with quote

I don't want to start a heated debate, I only want to explore the possibility of OpAphid being canon.

What FACTS do we have to prove oneway or the other?

I will admit, the pictures of Daniel watching the Watchers are interesting. There are additional pictures here that are not from the posted video. Although, there is speculation that they are not of Daniel but of a look-a-like.

What other information do we have? Are there clues sent out by OpAphid that preface any LG15 videos?

http://www.youtube.com/group/GemmaSucks

Last edited by Jengels2002 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
covedweller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last weekend/this week: Tachyon/OpAphid and all the "watchers" "watching" talk.

Even 10033's last voicemail has that cut at "watch--" before the 411. If not canon, why cut that word in half? That was to not spoil the Gemma/LG15 reveal, right?

Also, GPS reveal from Tachyon right before Bree and Daniel hit the road.

What else?
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

100000000% NO WAY!!!!! Very Happy

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

May I be so bold as to request coherent thought on the subject?
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
iamcool wrote:

May I be so bold as to request coherent thought on the subject?

no you may not

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Scalare
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely canon, this talk of the watchers and the photos of daniel are enough proof for me.

I think we're gonna get more proof of it in the coming days.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think a lot of peopl just don't want to see any "spin off" to be canon, because they are disappointed that they were left hanging with CiW.

But the fact is, is that tere are way too many connections between Op and LG now that make it hard to dispute.

THe photographs (these aren't fake, have a good look at them, enhance them, looks at the screen cap's from the Break in video....identical)
The "watchers"
The Lincon Town Cars
And the fact that the LG story line is going in the same direction as OpAphid. It has been doing so for a while.

It is understandable why they would want to have two series too.
One series to keep more on the PG level for their younger viewers, one to keep at the pg 15 level for their older viewers.

I get pretty upset when people post stupid comments like iamcool did (sorry josh-y-poo). They are so convinced that Op is "fake" that they don't even have any logic behind it. And the logic that they think they have behind is is sooo inaccurate you feel like slapping them.

Now..to say its canon or not. who knows. I think At the beginnning it probably wasn't. But now it is.
Has anyone not noticed over the past couple of weeks the videos are a lot better quality, editing wise. There as to be a reason for that.
Plus where would there get all the money to buy all these new phone lines?
TO say its not canon now is like saying water isn't wet.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
I get pretty upset when people post stupid comments like iamcool did (sorry josh-y-poo). They are so convinced that Op is "fake" that they don't even have any logic behind it. And the logic that they think they have behind is is sooo inaccurate you feel like slapping them.

Josh is always in character, and that character can be funny or annoying depending on how you see it. Josh is currently posting only to increase his post count, so he could reach the top 10 posters list. In fact, one of his random posts read, "random..."

Quote:
Now..to say its canon or not. who knows. I think At the beginnning it probably wasn't. But now it is.
Has anyone not noticed over the past couple of weeks the videos are a lot better quality, editing wise. There as to be a reason for that.
Plus where would there get all the money to buy all these new phone lines?
TO say its not canon now is like saying water isn't wet.

I recently watched all the videos again, and I did not see any significant change in editing quality. Phone lines are cheap, and only cost about $10/mo.

I find it psychologically intriguing that some individuals search and search for any revelation that something might be canon, but when the possibility reveals itself they attack it until the truth becomes clouded.

In my opinion, OpAphid was canon the moment Tachyon dropped those images of Daniel. Occam's Razor is important here. The possibility is simply too far-fetched that someone who appears identical to Daniel, wore the same (or similar) clothes, posed at the same tree, has not one but three vehicles, each of same (or similar) color as those in the video, parking the same distance from one another, and in the same (or similar) spots on the road.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
taiya
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't the last Tachyon video come out minutes of the Motel swimming video and it had the words swimming, motel and pool in the tags?

My guess is that they started out seperately but that the LG15 creators knew the people doing them. It seems to me that the LG15 people are helping them along, giving them plot ideas before we see them and giving them pictures and bits of video.

Also the fact that Gemmers is one of Tachyon's friends sure seems like a hint.

I don't think they are ready to become completely canon yet though. LG15 and opaphid still feel like seperate stories
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your answer may be here.
http://www.wired.com/news/wiredmag/0,72138-0.html?tw=rss.index

"This Web series not only looks different, it's made differently than other filmed entertainment. As Bree's universe expands, each new character will have his or her own vlog. Flinders can't write and film them all, so new writer-directors have been hired and paired with actors playing the new characters. Unlike television, where writers sit in a room and come up with a single script, the Lonelygirl15 team comes up with a general plotline and then sends its writer-directors out to produce independent but interconnected videos. All the characters, in essence, have their own show."
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, basically...who knows where this is going. Canon figures may come in and out of the storyline depending upon viewer reaction. My guess, if we stopped paying attention to OpAphid, he would disappear and a new person would take their place.

Has anyone just asked the creators if OpAphid is part of the story? They did not have a problem removing themselves from Ciw.

Come to think of it, after reading the article, http://www.wired.com/news/wiredmag/0,72138-0.html?tw=rss.index, it is very obvious that the creators have one ultimate goal...Sell the rights to LG15 to a major investor for MILLIONS! The more we swoon, the greater the ultimate price tag will become. Saying this, we have a MAJOR influence on the storyline, characters, etc. We should keep this in mind as the story progresses.

ravensgrace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jengels2002 wrote:
My guess, if we stopped paying attention to OpAphid, he would disappear and a new person would take their place.

Then OpAphid would have disappeared weeks ago. Laughing

I agree that if it was ignored long enough something else might begin to appear as canon, but the OpAphid story wouldn't simply end or disappear. That would be like saying all the stories at Unfiction simply end when people ignore them for a few weeks. The world of ARG doesn't work that way.

Sometimes it takes weeks just for a trail to even be noticed in the first place. The clues and puzzles always wait patiently. Just as the clues in the OpAphid videos waited for people to begin noticing them. I must admit, I didn't even begin noticing OpAphid until all the 5/5 videos had been posted.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand...I am still feeling the burn from Cassie.

absolution
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jengels2002 wrote:
I understand...I am still feeling the burn from Cassie.

I quite enjoy not having to sleep with the light on anymore though Laughing.

Re: The original post. I'm still leaning towards not cannon, but it might as well be. I hope it is, but I'm just gonna enjoy playing Wink.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first ARG that I have played and I sort of fell into it accidently. Not having any other experience to base this on, my opinion may not count for anything or may be totally skewed. I feel that OpAphid didn't originally start out as canon. I think that as it progressed, the creators of both vehicles decided that it would be in both of their best interests financially to work together vs having two separate entities fighting for the same audience (and/or $). Watching the two story lines progress lately has been like watching two lines converge into one IMHO. I think that they are no longer concerned with whether or not something is canon as much as they want to keep us interested for as long as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: