Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Discussion] Character Analysis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: [Discussion] Character Analysis Reply with quote

IF YOU ARE NEW, CONSIDER THIS YOUR GUIDE TO CHARACTER LINKS!
Goodluck Very Happy

Quote:
This Web series not only looks different, it's made differently than other filmed entertainment. As Bree's universe expands, each new character will have his or her own vlog. Flinders can't write and film them all, so new writer-directors have been hired and paired with actors playing the new characters. Unlike television, where writers sit in a room and come up with a single script, the Lonelygirl15 team comes up with a general plotline and then sends its writer-directors out to produce independent but interconnected videos. All the characters, in essence, have their own show.

From http://www.wired.com/news/wiredmag/0,72138-3.html?tw=wn_story_page_next3

Characters are very vital to the LG15 and OpAphid storylines, whether you believe them connected or not.

I think that this thread can be an opportunity to explore charcters and remark about their similarities and differences.

The Characters I will edit this post and update it as we compile what information is deemed important
Bree: CANON, female, seventeen, southern california, daniel's love interest,
http://www.lonelygirl15.com/
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lonelygirl15

Daniel: CANON, male, eighteen, southern california, bree's love interest
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Danielbeast

Gemma: CANON, female, nineteen, england, old 'friend' of bree's,
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gemmers19

Bree's Mom: CANON, age unknown, female, southern california,
NO CURRENT BLOG, MENTIONED IN BREE'S etc

Bree's Dad: CANON, age unknown, male, southern california,

Lucy: CANON, age unknown, female,

Cassie: CANON & FANVID, (please keep this information more based around what LG15 says and OpAphid, unless you can prove that CIW info is important and relevent to current storylines) ageunknown (17-19?), old 'friend' of bree's
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=cassieiswatching
THE MORE CANON VERSION IS MENTIONED IN BREE'S BLOGS

OpAphid: CANON/FANVID(?), age unknown, presumed female (questions surrounding sex), member or leader (may be multiple people) of 'The Order'
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=OpAphid

Tachyon: CANON/FANVID(?), twentyfour, female, partner/sister of brother, ex member of 'The Order'
Quote:
** THE FOLLOWING WAS COMPILED BY SADPANDA
While her age is generally unknown, from her music selections in her videos and her manner of speech I think we can assume she's young. In fact, I would hazard a guess that she is closer to Bree's age than she is to the "24 years" she claims to on her YT profile.

** We know she is very computer savvy. In her first videos, she says that her job at The Order was computer related. I think we can also assume that she is very framiliar with internet chatrooms as she uses common chat expressions such as "WTF," "OMFG," "LOL," and "BTW."

** She is a big fan of codes ... binary, hex, base64.

** She appears to enjoy baseball and the outdoors. Of course, these interests could be code for something else that we have not yet discovered. Also has a very strange affinity for windmills.

** In the post it note of the Nancy Drew book, Tach says that her father gave it to her but it was left behind when they moved. In the video that led to this drop, she mentions having to "move around a lot." The signifigance of this statement is still unclear, but many speculate that Tachyon was in fact the young lady Gemma mentions in her videos. This girl was invovled in a ceremony similar to Bree's and then moved out of the commune.

** The tone of her first three videos suggests that her time spent as a spy in The Order was very trying for her. She questions her sanity and her ability to discern reality from illusion. In fact, the third video gives the appearance that Tachyon cut her stay in The Order short because she felt like she was going to falter under the pressure.

** Tachyon was very interested in seeing the ceremony (that she too thought would take place on 10-12-06), but was not allowed to attend. Instead, she got to watch it on Daniel's YT just like the rest of us.

** Her relationship with Brother appears to be more than purely professional.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Tachyon

Brother/10033: CANON/FANVID(?), unknown age, male,
Quote:
THE FOLLOWING WAS COMPILED BY SADPANDA
** He seems to be older than Tachyon (When she posts the "Counting Blue Cars" lyrics on her Craigspost clue, she comments that she feels this music will be more to his liking). Also, most of this mashup songs were from the early/mid 90s, whereas Tachyon generally posts lyrics that are more current. His YT profile says he is 29.

** Brother enjoys playing dumb, and is awfully good at it. In reality, he appears to be as shrewd (or even more so) than Tachyon

** Appears to have an affinity for long math problems and anagrams

** Seems to be very protective of Tachyon. In many of the phone conversations our group had with him, he claimed he would hold the individual personally resposible if "thier creepy little cult" did anything to her. Thier communication between each other also seems very relaxed and casual.

** Is being followed by The Watchers in Black Lincolns.
- Sad Panda
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=10033

Mom: CANON/FANVID(?), unknown age, presumed female,
NO CURRENT URL, BUT MENTIONED WITHIN TACHYON/10033

Dad:CANON/FANVID(?), unknown age, presumed male,
NO CURRENT URL, BUT MENTIONED WITHIN TACHYON/10033

Nikki (the reporter): CANON/FANVID(?), age currently unconfirmed (young 20s), female, investigative reporter
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NikkiBowerReport

The Deacons - CANON & FANVID, Male (unconfirmed), Age unknown, Southern Californina
NO CURRENT URL, BUT MENTIONED IN BREE'S etc

The Watchers - CANON & FANVID, Male (unconfirmed), Age unknown, Southern California
NO CURRENT URL, BUT MENTIONED IN BREE'S etc

Paul - CANON & FANVID, Male, Age between 16-20?, Southern California, Andrea's love interest, friend of Daniel
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Paulmark18
ALSO MENTIONED IN BREE'S VIDS etc,

Andrea - CANON & FANVID, Female, Age between 16-20?, Southern California, Paul's love interest, friend of Daniel
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Paulmark18
ALSO MENTIONED IN BREE'S VIDS etc,

Let the Analysis Begin!
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister

Last edited by Danielle on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:57 pm; edited 8 times in total
corveau
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the Nikki Bower report and at the very end she quotes a line from Nancy Drew's Guide to life:

Don't discount faint lines or indecipherable blotches on discarded peices of paper a magnifying glass might revel them to be very small words.

Now in her previous videos she finds a box with the same symbol on it that is now in the LG vids as the symbol used by the watchers. So that she would use this book to quote a line from makes me wonder how everything is really connected. Also on a side note she looks a little like the girl in Tachyons "they are still everywhere" video. Okay I just wanted to bring that up to see what everyone thought about it.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corveau wrote:
I just watched the Nikki Bower report and at the very end she quotes a line from Nancy Drew's Guide to life:

Don't discount faint lines or indecipherable blotches on discarded peices of paper a magnifying glass might revel them to be very small words.

Now in her previous videos she finds a box with the same symbol on it that is now in the LG vids as the symbol used by the watchers. So that she would use this book to quote a line from makes me wonder how everything is really connected. Also on a side note she looks a little like the girl in Tachyons "they are still everywhere" video. Okay I just wanted to bring that up to see what everyone thought about it.

We should try and line up all these little coincidences to see if we can find some canon connections. and all that business.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnatio memoriae

Last edited by ApotheosisAZ on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Additional characters:

The Deacons - Canon, Male, Age unknown, Southern Californina

The Watchers - Canon, Male, Age unknown, Southern California

Its added, thank you Smile
khjq
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel's Father-Canon, Male, Age unknown, Southern Californina

Daniel's Mother-Canon, Female, Age unknown, Southern Californina
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khjq wrote:

Can we include them as characters though? We don't even really hear of them... or if he even has a dad.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnatio memoriae

Last edited by ApotheosisAZ on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Danielle wrote:
khjq wrote:

Can we include them as characters though? We don't even really hear of them... or if he even has a dad.

I don't think so. They are never actually seen in the vids. If we add people who are merely mentioned, then you would have a fairly extensive list.

Exactly, if they end up being pivotal to the plot then I'll add them up. Or if I get a loud enough protest.
khjq
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in the Bree vid "Where's Daniel" Bree said she called his house and his PARENTS said that he went away with some friends. Who knows... we could hear from his parents in the future, or a couple fans could make a video in which they play the role of his parents.
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khjq wrote:
Well in the Bree vid "Where's Daniel" Bree said she called his house and his PARENTS said that he went away with some friends. Who knows... we could hear from his parents in the future, or a couple fans could make a video in which they play the role of his parents.

Hum, I don't mean to seem like a bully. I'll defiantly put them up if they become more essential to the plot.

Now everyone I only put up the basics, I was kinda hoping we could discuss details here. Anyone?
windsong
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you put up links to where information on the characters can be found? I mean, bree and daniel and op, that's obvious. But i dont know where to find information on the deacons. I've heard people mention them, but I dont know anything at all. So links would be helpful.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: [Discussion] Character Analysis Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
Brother/10033: CANON/FANVID(?), unknown age, male,

He's 29 according to his YT profile.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thread, Danielle! Very Happy

First off, I was wondering if I could make a suggestion -- I think you need to say something about how we don't know if the character of OpAphid herself is necessarily just one person ... its entirely possible that several different characers will emerge from behind the "OpAphid" veil in the future.

Now, I'd really like to ramble off some theories about the Bureau characters, Tachyon and Brother.

Please remember, this is all speculation.

Tachyon --

** While her age is generally unknown, from her music selections in her videos and her manner of speech I think we can assume she's young. In fact, I would hazard a guess that she is closer to Bree's age than she is to the "24 years" she claims to on her YT profile.

** We know she is very computer savvy. In her first videos, she says that her job at The Order was computer related. I think we can also assume that she is very framiliar with internet chatrooms as she uses common chat expressions such as "WTF," "OMFG," "LOL," and "BTW."

** She is a big fan of codes ... binary, hex, base64.

** She appears to enjoy baseball and the outdoors. Of course, these interests could be code for something else that we have not yet discovered. Also has a very strange affinity for windmills. Smile

** In the post it note of the Nancy Drew book, Tach says that her father gave it to her but it was left behind when they moved. In the video that led to this drop, she mentions having to "move around a lot." The signifigance of this statement is still unclear, but many speculate that Tachyon was in fact the young lady Gemma mentions in her videos. This girl was invovled in a ceremony similar to Bree's and then moved out of the commune.

** The tone of her first three videos suggests that her time spent as a spy in The Order was very trying for her. She questions her sanity and her ability to discern reality from illusion. In fact, the third video gives the appearance that Tachyon cut her stay in The Order short because she felt like she was going to falter under the pressure.

** Tachyon was very interested in seeing the ceremony (that she too thought would take place on 10-12-06), but was not allowed to attend. Instead, she got to watch it on Daniel's YT just like the rest of us.

** Her relationship with Brother appears to be more than purely professional.

Brother

** He seems to be older than Tachyon (When she posts the "Counting Blue Cars" lyrics on her Craigspost clue, she comments that she feels this music will be more to his liking). Also, most of this mashup songs were from the early/mid 90s, whereas Tachyon generally posts lyrics that are more current. His YT profile says he is 29.

** Brother enjoys playing dumb, and is awfully good at it. In reality, he appears to be as shrewd (or even more so) than Tachyon

** Appears to have an affinity for long math problems and anagrams

** Seems to be very protective of Tachyon. In many of the phone conversations our group had with him, he claimed he would hold the individual personally resposible if "thier creepy little cult" did anything to her. Thier communication between each other also seems very relaxed and casual.

** Is being followed by The Watchers in Black Lincolns.

Okay, I'm sleepy, but I'll post more tomorrow. This is the stuff I like to do ... Math is hard! *puts on her best Barbie face*

EDIT -- I can't spell.
covedweller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT ^^ is an AWESOME recap Sad Panda.

That should be folded into the Aphipedia. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: