Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How OpAphid is connected to Lonelygirl15
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: How OpAphid is connected to Lonelygirl15 Reply with quote

Dear Fans,

We want to clarify the connection between OpAphid and lonelygirl15. Simply put, OpAphid is supplemental material that adds to the lonelygirl15 experience. It is not required viewing. If you watch lonelygirl15, you will experience an engaging, compelling story, full of plot twists and character development. You will not be left out if you choose not to play the OpAphid game (the official ARG). If you choose to play the game, it will provide you with a much deeper experience and allow you to solve puzzles. We are trying to appeal to a broad swath of fans... both casual viewers, and hardcore gamers. We think we can do both. If you are not up to speed with OpAphid or ARG's, feel free to catch up in the forum.

Email any of us anytime with questions (Miles in particular is happy to talk at length about how cool OpAphid and the new site features are).

Enjoy!

The Creators
jsmith
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: happy Reply with quote

I, too, am happy to discuss new site features; however, i'm not much help about ARGs. I'm new to them too!
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: How OpAphid is connected to Lonelygirl15 Reply with quote

The Creators wrote:
Dear Fans,

We want to clarify the connection between OpAphid and lonelygirl15. Simply put, OpAphid is supplemental material that adds to the lonelygirl15 experience. It is not required viewing. If you watch lonelygirl15, you will experience an engaging, compelling story, full of plot twists and character development. You will not be left out if you choose not to play the OpAphid game (the official ARG). If you choose to play the game, it will provide you with a much deeper experience and allow you to solve puzzles. We are trying to appeal to a broad swath of fans... both casual viewers, and hardcore gamers. We think we can do both. If you are not up to speed with OpAphid or ARG's, feel free to catch up in the forum.

Email any of us anytime with questions (Miles in particular is happy to talk at length about how cool OpAphid and the new site features are).

Enjoy!

The Creators

Yeah...well. I've been really interested in LG15 when I realized you were really creating, with talent, something new in entertainment. More than the story plot or the characters, it's this aspect of your project that really fascinated me. I don't need to explain, you know better than anyone else what I'm talking about. Falling into ARG doesn't bring anything to that. ARGs are old, done. Plus, there is nothing hypodiegetic in OpaPhid we could consider a "mise en abyme" that would legitimate it in Bree's universe. OpaPhid doesn't bring anything to the narrative, contrary to the multilayers narration (diegetic levels) you have been able to put out so far. I was into CiW, because i believed that was a nice and dark and scarry fanfic. But as far as I understand the story now, you fully participated in ruining it, leaving a lot of people on the roadside to promote your own ARG. Not really fair if you ask me. Anyway... I hope you realized that you achieved two things today: pissing off the LG15 fans (at least some of them), and pissing off the OpaPhid fans (at least some of them).

That been said, shall we continue to explore the videos to look for hints in the storyline or shall leave that to the OpaPhid crew? Where do we go from here if we don't want to get into the game? Do you plan on releasing "Lonelygir15, the board game" for christmas or can we still expect to get from you a innovative quality show standing by its own merit?
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To follow up on the Creators' message (which I think is very helpful), I wanted to add some perspective from someone who, like many of us, has not followed OpAphid beyond watching the initial Cassie videos.

Participating in an ARG obviously requires a significant time committment. Following along by watching some videos and reading some posts, while less significant, still can be time-consuming. So for those who want to just keep watching Bree and Daniel, I hope you will keep doing so.

Maybe give OpAphid a try. Read some of the threads in the message board and on the LGPedia. It's pretty fascinating, I think. Don't judge things on the surface too quickly until you look into it. You might get hooked!

But if you're not hooked, don't worry! Keep going with Bree and Daniel and enjoy the other sections of the message board! I'm sure there will still be many new twists and turns to enjoy and cryptic references to spend hours theorizing about!
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I want to say thank you to the Creators for OpAphid. Not only do I enjoy watching Bree and Daniel for their simple entertainment value, I also like wondering how everything she's talking about can be related to the OpAphid puzzle.

But, as its been said before, the videos can stand alone without any Op reference and you aren't missing out on anything.

I encourage those of you who are interested to try and help out on a puzzle some night. New brains and ways of thinking are always welcome!
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to say that the creaters owe me $500, i had a bet with someone that opahid wasnt cannon.

god!!! i'm sure you only do this to annoy me Laughing

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
i would like to say that the creaters owe me $500, i had a bet with someone that opahid wasnt cannon.

If I remember correctly, you made several bets. I think you're pretty much in debt up to your eyeballs for the next few years. Laughing
rachelalexis
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
iamcool wrote:

If I remember correctly, you made several bets. I think you're pretty much in debt up to your eyeballs for the next few years. Laughing
The question is, did he ever take that bet that required him to grammar and spell check? Laughing

When in doubt, go straight to sex. --Jack Coleman (HRG)
GoodGollyItsHolly
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made sure to have Dubya call and say thanks for all your hard work!

trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rachelalexis wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
iamcool wrote:

The question is, did he ever take that bet that required him to grammar and spell check? Laughing

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Laughing
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
rachelalexis wrote:
trainer101 wrote:
iamcool wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Laughing

haha if i cared about my grammar dnt u think i wud have started writing properly? Wink

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
starlady

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: happy Reply with quote

jsmith wrote:
I, too, am happy to discuss new site features; however, i'm not much help about ARGs. I'm new to them too!

I agree I'm too am new to the ARG.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either the OpAphid videos are part of the story or not part of the story, you can't have it both ways. You are trying to appease those of us who don't have an interest in ARGs by saying that you won't need to participate to follow the story. If part of the story is being told in the OpAphid videos, it would be like trying to understand the narrative of a novel while skipping every third chapter.
covedweller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
Either the OpAphid videos are part of the story or not part of the story, you can't have it both ways. You are trying to appease those of us who don't have an interest in ARGs by saying that you won't need to participate to follow the story. If part of the story is being told in the OpAphid videos, it would be like trying to understand the narrative of a novel while skipping every third chapter.

I think it's more the tv shows Buffy and Angel. They co-existed, they crossed over at times, but you could skip one and still enjoy the other.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
robtomorrow wrote:

I think it's more the tv shows Buffy and Angel. They co-existed, they crossed over at times, but you could skip one and still enjoy the other.

Great analogy!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: