Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enough, already!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Enough, already!! Reply with quote

Ok, here's my go at stopping the random complaining.

I understand completely how those of us who have been playing the game since the beginning can feel a little betrayed by this sudden move and a little nervous about the repercussions.

I also understand how those of you who are new to this can feel very isolated and unwanted.

What I do know for sure is that all this complaining will get us nowhere. Instead of bickering amongst ourselves, we should be getting prepared.

Because while the next clue may be a little simpler to allow those who are new to play, it is not written in stone that there won't be another puzzle hot on its heels that will totally kick our collective butts!

So, I think we should just take a deep breath, relax and get over it.

Agree to disagree, if you must.

Just be prepared.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gets up and starts the clapping which is followed by the room giving ziola a standing ovation* Wink Razz Laughing

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha!! No return to the other thread where I am kicking your butt!!

Imediately!!

I didn't say you could leave!
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::hugs:: Smile
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've kept relatively quiet on this issue for a while, but I'm going to get up on my little soap box and say my piece.

To the n00bs:
Welcome aboard. I'm glad that this is expanding and that we're going to have some fresh blood and sparkling insights. My advice to you: read over the prologue. We've all put a LOT of time into this already, and while you are a welcomed addition, it's your own responsibility to make sure that you're up to speed. Read over what's been done thus far. This next puzzle will be "easier," but I doubt that it will be "easy." We don't expect you to be able to pick this up right away, so please don't be discouraged. The rest of us have spent many sleepless nights figuring out how Op does their puzzles. Sometimes these puzzles get very difficult for someone who isn't familiar with the methodology. Ask questions. I, for one, am always willing to help someone get up to speed. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. Don't be afraid to send a messages to Op, Tachyon, or Tachyon's brother. Op's usually pretty good at messaging people back, but don't be disheartened if you don't get a reply. Op gets a LOT of messages, and I'm sure its very difficult to get back to everyone. Also remember, Op has a sense of humor, you should have one too.

To the seasoned Op fans:
Seriously, guys, some of you need to lighten up. So what if Op's canon now? I think things can only get better from here. Now that the stories are being integrated, that means that Op can get more specific, and progress the storyline along, rather than just keeping things very open ended. I can tell you this though, things are going to start moving, and they're going to start moving quickly. We need the resources and collective minds of all the n00bs. Welcome them, help them, and deal with their n00b questions until they're up to speed. Don't expect too much from them until they're up to speed on what's been going on, but DON'T be condescending to them for not knowing. If I catch anyone giving a n00b a hard time for no reason, you'll have to face MY wrath.

To Op, et al.:
Congratulations on attaining canon status. This better not suck, or you're going to have a lot of pissed off nerds on your hands. Smile

To the Creators:
Thank you. I think you've made a wise choice in picking OpAphid as your official ARG.

That's all I got for now.

Michael
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ixlr8 wrote:
OK, I've kept relatively quiet on this issue for a while, but I'm going to get up on my little soap box and say my piece.

To the n00bs:
Welcome aboard. I'm glad that this is expanding and that we're going to have some fresh blood and sparkling insights. My advice to you: read over the prologue. We've all put a LOT of time into this already, and while you are a welcomed addition, it's your own responsibility to make sure that you're up to speed. Read over what's been done thus far. This next puzzle will be "easier," but I doubt that it will be "easy." We don't expect you to be able to pick this up right away, so please don't be discouraged. The rest of us have spent many sleepless nights figuring out how Op does their puzzles. Sometimes these puzzles get very difficult for someone who isn't familiar with the methodology. Ask questions. I, for one, am always willing to help someone get up to speed. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. Don't be afraid to send a messages to Op, Tachyon, or Tachyon's brother. Op's usually pretty good at messaging people back, but don't be disheartened if you don't get a reply. Op gets a LOT of messages, and I'm sure its very difficult to get back to everyone. Also remember, Op has a sense of humor, you should have one too.

To the seasoned Op fans:
Seriously, guys, some of you need to lighten up. So what if Op's canon now? I think things can only get better from here. Now that the stories are being integrated, that means that Op can get more specific, and progress the storyline along, rather than just keeping things very open ended. I can tell you this though, things are going to start moving, and they're going to start moving quickly. We need the resources and collective minds of all the n00bs. Welcome them, help them, and deal with their n00b questions until they're up to speed. Don't expect too much from them until they're up to speed on what's been going on, but DON'T be condescending to them for not knowing. If I catch anyone giving a n00b a hard time for no reason, you'll have to face MY wrath.

To Op, et al.:
Congratulations on attaining canon status. This better not suck, or you're going to have a lot of pissed off nerds on your hands. Smile

To the Creators:
Thank you. I think you've made a wise choice in picking OpAphid as your official ARG.

That's all I got for now.

Michael

::applauds::

ps... i need your help X_X
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ixlr8 wrote:

We don't expect you to be able to pick this up right away, so please don't be discouraged. The rest of us have spent many sleepless nights figuring out how Op does their puzzles. Sometimes these puzzles get very difficult for someone who isn't familiar with the methodology. Ask questions. I, for one, am always willing to help someone get up to speed. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. Don't be afraid to send a messages to Op, Tachyon, or Tachyon's brother. Op's usually pretty good at messaging people back, but don't be disheartened if you don't get a reply. Op gets a LOT of messages, and I'm sure its very difficult to get back to everyone. Also remember, Op has a sense of humor, you should have one too.

AMEN! I've been here for the duration and I still suck at puzzles. I get big picture insight "it's a phone number!" and then get bogged down in getting the last digit set.

Along the lines of the welcome wagon, the welcome announcement in each new Op board is also a one-stop shop for all your OpA questions. Please don't be afraid to ask, I assure you no question is too dumb. Many of us spent over a damn week to comeup with the answer "be prepard to act when called upon" from the VM puzzle which should have taken about a minute.
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:

Please don't be afraid to ask, I assure you no question is too dumb.

What's a Nubian?
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ixlr8 wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:

What's a Nubian?

Are you really asking or making a Chasing Amy reference...?
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ixlr8 wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:

What's a Nubian?

"The Nubians are an ethnic group in Egypt and Sudan. There are more Nubians in Sudan than in Egypt and their socio-economic status is better in Sudan than in Egypt. Their language, which is divided into two main branches, is called Nobiin, and they are descended from the ancient Nubians. Ancient Nubians many times had invaded and controlled Egypt."

Not dumb just severly off topic ;p
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
ixlr8 wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:

What's a Nubian?

Chasing Amy reference.

Mike
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ixlr8 wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
ixlr8 wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:

What's a Nubian?

Chasing Amy reference.

Mike

Yay! See how smart I am...

Rolling Eyes
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
ixlr8 wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
ixlr8 wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:

What's a Nubian?

Chasing Amy reference.

Mike

Yay! See how smart I am...

Rolling Eyes

Yes, but the appropriate answer is "STFU!" Very Happy

Mike
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know...but... Embarassed I didn't want to say that if you weren't referring to the movie, lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: