Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enough, already!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFatLady
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, it's pretty educational to be on the n00b end of things, given that I get (privately) SOOO irritated when I've read 15 pages of an LG15 thread and then somebody asks a question that was resolved on page 3. I even feel superior and irritable when they announce a brainstorm someone had six months ago and devoted a whole thread to.

So although I've had a casual "look in now and then" relationship to the OpAphid thing, I'm definitely not up to speed, and I find myself in horror that I might be one of those ignoramuses, the ones I, myself, want to throttle.

But the thing is, I expect OpAphid to be fun even on the lurker level. If I'm a n00b, there's no reason I can't follow my own advice and just NOT be vocal until and unless I DO get up to speed. I'm embarrassed, yes, to realize how it feels to be in the presence of people who have been here from the beginning (the way I have been with LG15, though as a lurker). But why should embarrassment translate to the kind of anger we've been seeing on the board?

I hugely appreciate you OA people who are extending the welcoming handshake. This, I hope, will go a long way to calming down the (to my mind) very weird tensions that have developed in the last 24 hours.

Most of all, I appreciate your offer to lend a hand and answer questions, which is something I've rarely been willing to do. This is awfully generous, awfully kind.

Nerds are the best people.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheFatLady wrote:
Nerds are the best people.

Yes, yes we are Smile
Captious
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that worries me about this is that it is going to attract all sorts of LG15 fans who would have never otherwise looked in. The reason this is a problem is because of the -all sorts-. There are a lot of youngins who love Bree. This game, at least on us players end (on the forum and in IRC) has never been PG. The language we use, the topic matter when we're off topic and sometimes even when we're on are not appropriate for younger people. If we were a movie we'd get a PG-13 rating at least and in addition to that the content of Op itself definitately requires some age to "get". Remember when Op told Chess to ask one of the older kids? While I think the game is "appropriate" for Chess and people her age when you go younger that you're getting into tricky territory. To "get" all the pop culture references you really need to be in your 20s or older unless you had significantly older friends. I don't want that to change. I don't want to censor the language I use and I'd rather not have Op stop making the hilarious references. I'm not opposed to new people by any means but I don't want to censor myself for a younger audience. =/
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I agree with your observation that the chat is rarely PG, Captious, these forums are almost always appropriate. I'm sure that if there are younger people who are offended by the language on the forums, or who don't get the pop culture references from the clues, they will not visit those boards. I don't think we should be getting our knickers in a twist because there might be a 10-year-old somewhere who might wander into a PG-13 conversation. It might happen. I don't think it will.
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ixlr8 wrote:
I, for one, am always willing to help someone get up to speed. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Welcome them, help them, and deal with their n00b questions until they're up to speed.

DON'T be condescending to them for not knowing. If I catch anyone giving a n00b a hard time for no reason, you'll have to face MY wrath.

Ix, I agree wholeheartedly with your entire post, but these points especially.

You are not alone, I too am willing to help out as much as I can.

I shall get some rest when the profile tells me to.
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more than willing to help as well.
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
canadas_baby
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, that even though I've only been a lurker through all the Op stuff, I have found it to be amazingly interesting. I've been watching lg15 faithfully since I discovered it way back in the beginning, lurked through almost all of CiW (had my minor tantrum when the game just .. died ..), and have been lurking through Op for about 2 weeks beginning to figure it out hoping maybe I'd understand enough to help someday Laughing

I'm hoping we can all get along and work together, because it takes a combination of experience and new insight to provide the best look at things, and I do believe that that is exactly what we'll have once everyone calms down a bit Smile

Oh dear.
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, I haven't gotten any PMs with questions. I've heard that Romy got a ton though. Guys, there are plenty of resources for everyone. Most of us are very willing to help out to get everyone up to speed.

Michael
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did get quite a few.... and i dont mind more Smile

and ixlr8...sorry im a moron on the phone. lmao.

EDIT: because i spell like a fucktard
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceismusic wrote:
i did get quite a few.... and i dont mind more Smile

and ixlr8...sorry im a moron on the phone. lmao.

EDIT: because i spell like a fucktard

Sorry I didn't get a chance to write up the back story for everyone. Something came up and I wasn't available last night. I'll get to it as soon as possible.

Mike
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its cool. I pretty much have it done. I just have a few things to post, then imma throw it onto the boards. Smile

EDIT: also, if i get it up before you get done....i will add it on after Smile
Op Heads
GTKEO Addicts

I love you all!
Captious
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not like -upset-. I wouldn't say my knickers are anywhere bunched. I'm just concerned. For evidence of the type of thing that may cause the parent of a LGr to get their knickers in a bunch and decide that the board should be policed instead of them policing their kid please see the Pikales is bowing out thread. I've just been online too long and had it happen other places before. =/
MrsCop
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
Not dumb just severly off topic ;p

..That's what my screenname should be Embarassed

~tigerlilylynn
Cassie_xx
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ixlr8 wrote:
To the seasoned Op fans:
Seriously, guys, some of you need to lighten up. So what if Op's canon now? I think things can only get better from here. Now that the stories are being integrated, that means that Op can get more specific, and progress the storyline along, rather than just keeping things very open ended. I can tell you this though, things are going to start moving, and they're going to start moving quickly. We need the resources and collective minds of all the n00bs. Welcome them, help them, and deal with their n00b questions until they're up to speed. Don't expect too much from them until they're up to speed on what's been going on, but DON'T be condescending to them for not knowing. If I catch anyone giving a n00b a hard time for no reason, you'll have to face MY wrath.

To Op, et al.:
Congratulations on attaining canon status. This better not suck, or you're going to have a lot of pissed off nerds on your hands. Smile

To the Creators:
Thank you. I think you've made a wise choice in picking OpAphid as your official ARG.

That's all I got for now.

Michael

I think OpAphid has been "official" since it began.
We just didn't know.
:]
ixlr8
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassie_xx wrote:
ixlr8 wrote:
To the seasoned Op fans:
Seriously, guys, some of you need to lighten up. So what if Op's canon now? I think things can only get better from here. Now that the stories are being integrated, that means that Op can get more specific, and progress the storyline along, rather than just keeping things very open ended. I can tell you this though, things are going to start moving, and they're going to start moving quickly. We need the resources and collective minds of all the n00bs. Welcome them, help them, and deal with their n00b questions until they're up to speed. Don't expect too much from them until they're up to speed on what's been going on, but DON'T be condescending to them for not knowing. If I catch anyone giving a n00b a hard time for no reason, you'll have to face MY wrath.

To Op, et al.:
Congratulations on attaining canon status. This better not suck, or you're going to have a lot of pissed off nerds on your hands. Smile

To the Creators:
Thank you. I think you've made a wise choice in picking OpAphid as your official ARG.

That's all I got for now.

Michael

I think OpAphid has been "official" since it began.
We just didn't know.
:]

I highly doubt it. It would have been made public earlier. LG has been going on since June or so. Op came around in late September. The LG site was registered around then too. opaphid.com was registered on 9/23. I do think that Op has been canon for a little while, and all the logistics were being worked out before the announcement. It would explain the hold up on the Op storyline for the past few weeks.

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: