Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Nikki Bower Symbol
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Balto
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: The Nikki Bower Symbol Reply with quote

I couldn't quite remember what the symbol on the box and supposedly (hard to see) on the hand reminded me of. It just hit me. It's the Mensa symbol with an eye instead of a globe. See here: http://www.mensa.org/

Now Mensa isn't exactly a religion or a secret society. It's actually an organization for smart people. The one qualification is that you have an IQ in the top 2% of the population or you're married to someone who is. The bottom part of the symbol is a table. Mensa is the Latin word for table, the implication being that everyone is equal, that is, has a place at the table, so to speak.

HOWEVER, there is an Egyptian hieroglyph almost identical to the symbol found by Nikki. It's grouped under "Members of the Body" in Budge's Egyptian Language. It's the word rem, and means "an eye weeping" or "to cry." The three lines are presumably tears. The only difference is, the hieroglyph contains the symbol for an eyebrow as found also in the Eye of Horus, whereas Nikki's doesn't.

Any thoughts?
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Nikki Bower Symbol Reply with quote

Lord Balto wrote:
I couldn't quite remember what the symbol on the box and supposedly (hard to see) on the hand reminded me of. It just hit me. It's the Mensa symbol with an eye instead of a globe. See here: http://www.mensa.org/

Now Mensa isn't exactly a religion or a secret society. It's actually an organization for smart people. The one qualification is that you have an IQ in the top 2% of the population or you're married to someone who is. The bottom part of the symbol is a table. Mensa is the Latin word for table, the implication being that everyone is equal, that is, has a place at the table, so to speak.

HOWEVER, there is an Egyptian hieroglyph almost identical to the symbol found by Nikki. It's grouped under "Members of the Body" in Budge's Egyptian Language. It's the word rem, and means "an eye weeping" or "to cry." The three lines are presumably tears. The only difference is, the hieroglyph contains the symbol for an eyebrow as found also in the Eye of Horus, whereas Nikki's doesn't.

Any thoughts?

Somewhere in the forums there is a discussion of the very Egyptian symbol you reference. I'm too tired to find it right now but I'll post the link when I do. Maybe a forum search of "weeping eye" will turn it up.
CoeMia
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow This issue is currently being discussed at: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3179 The topic is "Watcher Symbol and Egyptian Ideogram for Weeping." Someone posted very similar thoughts to what you have listed here.

Mia
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoeMia wrote:
Arrow This issue is currently being discussed at: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3179 The topic is "Watcher Symbol and Egyptian Ideogram for Weeping." Someone posted very similar thoughts to what you have listed here.

Mia

There's also a thread from a week or two ago somewhere around here.
Lord Balto
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mia. I did manage to figure that out eventually. Smile Don't ask me why I have a hieroglyphic dictionary lying around....
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you have a hieroglyphic dictionary lying around....

trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkybennett wrote:

Doesn't everyone? Mr. Green
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
sparkybennett wrote:

Doesn't everyone? Mr. Green

Add to that the encyclopedia of symbolism, the history of esoterism, the complete bibliotheca hermetica (18 vol.), the history of the secret societies, the egyptian book of the dead, the tibetan book of the dead, The treaty of occult science by Papus, the hermetic dictionary, The holy triosophy by the count of St Germain, the tetrabible by Ptoleme, Alchemy by Figuier, the de lapide philosophico by Lambsprinck, the alchemical dictionary by Pernety...(ok I'm tired of typing)..and you just get a glimpse at my library.

What do you mean I'm a freak?
Lord Balto
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Add to that the encyclopedia of symbolism, the history of esoterism, the complete bibliotheca hermetica (18 vol.), the history of the secret societies, the egyptian book of the dead, the tibetan book of the dead, The treaty of occult science by Papus, the hermetic dictionary, The holy triosophy by the count of St Germain, the tetrabible by Ptoleme, Alchemy by Figuier, the de lapide philosophico by Lambsprinck, the alchemical dictionary by Pernety...(ok I'm tired of typing)..and you just get a glimpse at my library.

I have some of those, but not all, and probably some you don't have.

I said don't ask! Actually, I don't really remember why I have the Egyptian dictionary. I have a Mayan dictionary too. I tend to buy things I may need in the future, especially if I happen to run into them fortuitously.

And no, you're not a freak.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Balto wrote:
Quote:

I have some of those, but not all, and probably some you don't have.

I said don't ask! Actually, I don't really remember why I have the Egyptian dictionary. I have a Mayan dictionary too. I tend to buy things I may need in the future, especially if I happen to run into them fortuitously.

And no, you're not a freak.

I'll bet the Creators never expected a group like us to show up. Cool Illuminati
glowe126
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Mensa Reply with quote

hi. Mensa is actually alot more open than you think. True, you do have to score in the top 2% on a standardized exam, but the meetings are open. So even if you aren't technically Mensa material, you can attend. I'm a Mensa member, and if anyone is interested in joining or has questions, please feel free to talk to me. It's not a secret society. The last Mensa meeting I went to was held in a local grocery store in a meeting room. We had wine, good conversation, and a presentation by a local who filled us in regarding an airport expansion. So, not as sexy as you think it would be, hehehe.

But it is a really neat organization. Again, very open.
DontHaveAClue
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Mensa Reply with quote

glowe126 wrote:
hi. Mensa is actually alot more open than you think. True, you do have to score in the top 2% on a standardized exam, but the meetings are open. So even if you aren't technically Mensa material, you can attend. I'm a Mensa member, and if anyone is interested in joining or has questions, please feel free to talk to me. It's not a secret society. The last Mensa meeting I went to was held in a local grocery store in a meeting room. We had wine, good conversation, and a presentation by a local who filled us in regarding an airport expansion. So, not as sexy as you think it would be, hehehe.

Lord Balto
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I don't think it was quite so open when I was a member, though obviously it was far from being a secret society.

Quote:
I'll bet the Creators never expected a group like us to show up.

Indeed. Actually, it's the forum that's the secret society! Wink
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have good views on MENSA, personally...the people, anyway.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, she'll be eatin' blubber, just as soon as I free willy!"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: