Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dead Rose?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sammy214
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Dead Rose? Reply with quote

In Gemma's new video, 'Bad Decisions' there is a dead rose next to her... could it mean something?
GoodGollyItsHolly
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it means she doesnt like her boyfriend, so shes letting his rose die.
Sammy214
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didnt know that was the rose he gave her, or if he gave her any roses.
GoodGollyItsHolly
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I would assume anyway Smile
ForeverMourn
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In another thread someone mentioned that the rose sumbolizes "a young and innocent life cut short..."

You know what I'm thinking...

CuddleBunni Is My LG15 SoulMate. Smile

My YT Vids
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GoodGollyItsHolly
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForeverMourn wrote:
In another thread someone mentioned that the rose sumbolizes "a young and innocent life cut short..."

hahahahaha

come on guys... I mean.. seriously?
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it means something, but I don't know why.
I mean.. why keep a dead rose?
ForeverMourn
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodGollyItsHolly wrote:
seriously?

Totally.

CuddleBunni Is My LG15 SoulMate. Smile

My YT Vids
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodGollyItsHolly wrote:
ForeverMourn wrote:

hahahahaha

come on guys... I mean.. seriously?

everyone knows gemma's an operative of the Order. I mean, who brought up Bree was being watched? Gemma. Who said Bree should go home after Oppy put out a vid showing there are camera's in Daniel's and Bree's places? Gemma. Who makes a suspicious amount of British references, almost to prove she's British? GEMMA!

when i saw the rose, i thought "sh*t! is that a threat, or a promise??" if she was such a neat freak as she has said b4, she wouldn't have kept a dead flower.
stuart2004
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some one posted this as a comment to Gemma's vid... but the rose changes position like four time during the vid.. I think it is actually showing it wilting away....death of innocence is a nice thery , but could this possibly show something else?? Gemma has been acting weird lately ..what if the rose shows her hopes dying... what if she is being forced to make Daniel and Bree go home... by not being able to accomplish this goal her hopes of {living, being free of the order,helping someone she cares about survive....etc} are dying out... Look at her during this video.. she seems more put together than her last couple of vids,but she seems jittery..... and kind of manic...

thats just my take on the thingy....

antagonist of the LG Defense Force
MrsCop
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting. I think Gemma killed the rose. Look at what the rose is sitting in. Got milk?

EDIT: Dead Roses
Regardless of the original color, dead roses say "It's over" loud and clear.
from this website: http://honeymoons.about.com/cs/valentinesday/a/Valentine_Roses.htm

~tigerlilylynn
Cherie_Sotta
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the rose is sitting in milk... I think its a black and white vase...

Daniel gave Bree a white rose in "Breakfast in Bed". That color is a symbol of innocence and purity. Does is this an allusion to the ceremony? To Daniel's side (OpAphid vs Tachyon?)?

So a dead rose, in this sense, is a message of dead love. Dead beauty. The end of something that once was powerful and strong. I think it's a foreshadow of what is to come... and also a straight up red herring about Gemma's position in this whole story thus far.

Finally: Anyone connect a double meaning to Bree's character and the actress playing her named Jessica Rose? Interesting. This may also help the idea someone outlined in the Wired magazine article about Bree's room having a picture of a rose on the wall. If my last name were Rose, I'd probably be more partial to them, as well.

/////////
-
//
/
-
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sami wrote:
I think it means something, but I don't know why.
I mean.. why keep a dead rose?

I used to keep every rose I got! Of course I hung them upside down and dried them first, so they would stay straight. Then put a clear coat on them. I used them as decorations (I learned it on some craft show... Laughing ). Some people make potpourri out of dried flowers too.

Though it doesn't look like Gemma is doing any crafts with hers. It just looks like it sat in the vase and died........and then afterward she broke it. Laughing
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the dying rose symbolises Bree and Daniels relationship---fading away?

Also, its a theory that sometimes Gemma communicates to Bree with symbols or movements...maybe the Rose signifys something towards that.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Pi
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Dead Rose? Reply with quote

Sammy214 wrote:
In Gemma's new video, 'Bad Decisions' there is a dead rose next to her... could it mean something?

I have two thoughts on it, now that I finally think I know what the beads mean in the vids. Well, I don't really know what they mean.. just that I think they're referancing Rosary Beads (perhaps, even referancing a system of counting in 10's as in decades and decans). Anyhoo..

1. Rosecrantz ->Wreath of Flowers -> Rosary Beads -> Rose

I think Bree might be on some kind of spiritual/self-awareness/identity journey. Probably, symbolically similar to the play she perfoms at her religious summer camp. Hence, she wore a tshirt with the 'holy' ghost wearing rosary beads around it when D&B ditched the car and started down their yellow brick road on foot. (To bad Daniel doesn't have a pair of ruby slippers to click whenever he starts whining about going home, but i digress...)

That being said, since they're eating out of trash bins, Gemma might've been saying with the wilting rose that...the journey of spirtual enlightenment/ connecting-with-the-spirit/ self-awarness is not going so well and that Bree is as dim as ever. Further, that Bree's not listening or contemplating (because that's what you do with rosary beads) about who she is or what destiny the Order has in store for her (if anything). In a way, Bree is like the silly Rosecrantz (means wreath of flowers or rosary) character from the play her parents met at, where it discusses free-will and destiny.

So, basically Bree's spirit or spiritual growth is at an all time low. Like the wilting rose she's been dying, dying, dying,...practically dead living on the streets as a wandering ghost/spirit. Probably, not the best direction to take. If she doesn't open her eyes, start trying to figure things out, an actual physical death might come for her. However, it won't be the fault of some destiny the Order may have planned. It'll be her own fault for making dim-witted desicions while asleep at the wheel. I guess as Bree's mom told her dad. Remember or figure out who you are, what you want and change course.

I went a off on a tangent.. sorry bout that..

2. I've also been thinking a rose or the rosary beads that Gem and Bree have been wearing might mean something along the lines of "secrecy," "in secret," "in confidence" as in the latin term Subrosa "under the rose."

The wilting rose in this context might mean that their 'secrets' or 'confidence in one another' is in trouble, decayed, or exposed. Right when Gemma said something like "...clouds your judgement" when she was telling her story about the musician (which seemed like she was talking about Jonas) her head hit the wilting rose. So, she might've been saying, "You don't trust me to tell me your secrets, or have confidence in me because Jonas is clouding your judgement." She did go on to ask Bree to tell her about her parents note, so that she might ..um.. help.

Pi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: