Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summary from"Your Decision" to Watch This!"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with the 'hostage exchange' and The Great Escape.
Wink
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trainer-
Thanks for compiling and updating this info. There is the tiniest little word bothering me and although I am ashamed of being so bothered by this small detail, I am still going to ask you to address it in your next update if you understand my point of view. Can you please change the word "inventor" to "developer" when you discuss Epogen. For the most part, scientists and researchers develop medications not really invent them. This has been naging at me for quite some time (yes, this says much about me...I know). I just thought with the excitement about the latest video that not many people would take the time to tell me to be quiet and stop harping on semantics. But pleeeeease, trainer. Please. (inventor to developer?)pleeease help the nagging of this trivial point in my brain to stop...
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
Trainer-
Thanks for compiling and updating this info. There is the tiniest little word bothering me and although I am ashamed of being so bothered by this small detail, I am still going to ask you to address it in your next update if you understand my point of view. Can you please change the word "inventor" to "developer" when you discuss Epogen. For the most part, scientists and researchers develop medications not really invent them. This has been naging at me for quite some time (yes, this says much about me...I know). I just thought with the excitement about the latest video that not many people would take the time to tell me to be quiet and stop harping on semantics. But pleeeeease, trainer. Please. (inventor to developer?)pleeease help the nagging of this trivial point in my brain to stop...

You got it Teach! No point is trivial. Thanks for pointing it out. Very Happy
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are simply wonderful, Mr. Trainer!

thanks, gogo
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
HazelButtercup
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I agree with you, gogo, "developer" sounds better and should probably be used, ("discovered" actually might be more appropriate), Amgen uses the term "inventor":

http://www.amgen.com/media/media_pr_detail.jsp?releaseID=777277
5th paragraph (Aranesp is the 2nd drug developed/discovered/invented by Amgen used for anemia treatment. The first was EPOGEN.)
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree, but it does sound better. "Developed" just dances off the page...and rings like a soothing song in my ears when I read it out loud...

These Amgen people are scientiific types. They're all about scientific mumbo jumbo and saving people's lives and curing illnesses through scientific research and all that. They don't know the beauty of language. Sure they can find ways to increase red blood cells and help humanity and such, but in a poetry emergency, these scientists are nowhere to be found, which is probably for the best because in the world of lilting and flowing word choice, they really are no help. I do have great respect for this kind of scientific work and discovering ways to help people with anemia (which happens to be a lovely word in itself.) Don't get me wrong.

*dashes off to write a poem featuring the word anemia*

(tee hee, HazelButtercup...please don't mind my ridiculousness...please find this post funny and feel free to find me odd Wink )
smurfswim
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: who is tachyon Reply with quote

Who is Tachyon? Is she the girl who does the reporting videos?
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: who is tachyon Reply with quote

smurfswim wrote:
Who is Tachyon? Is she the girl who does the reporting videos?

Tachyon is believed to be the younger sister of the girl Gemma talked about who was selected to participate in "the Ceremony" years ago. The family disappeared from a commune run by the Order. Later, Tachyon herself apparently worked for the Order in some capacity before leaving and becoming a counter-espionage agent working against the Order.
You can learn more about Tachyon HERE.
HazelButtercup
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
I would agree, but it does sound better. "Developed" just dances off the page...and rings like a soothing song in my ears when I read it out loud...

These Amgen people are scientiific types. They're all about scientific mumbo jumbo and saving people's lives and curing illnesses through scientific research and all that. They don't know the beauty of language. Sure they can find ways to increase red blood cells and help humanity and such, but in a poetry emergency, these scientists are nowhere to be found, which is probably for the best because in the world of lilting and flowing word choice, they really are no help. I do have great respect for this kind of scientific work and discovering ways to help people with anemia (which happens to be a lovely word in itself.) Don't get me wrong.

*dashes off to write a poem featuring the word anemia*

(tee hee, HazelButtercup...please don't mind my ridiculousness...please find this post funny and feel free to find me odd Wink )

Yes, gogo, you made me laugh. My brother could never write a poem about anemia!
Avajoy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, wait, wait. Let me catch up - Tachyon's believed to be the younger sister of who? - runs off to read the Tachy page -

PROUD BRONAS SUPPORTER!
megs229
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please update this with some more links and stuff please?? I watch the videos at work( i know it's wrong but i don't have high speed at home Smile ) and I can't always have the volume up enough to hear every detail. I find the updates very helpful and can't wait to see another one Very Happy thanks
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be working on it over the weekend. Promise!
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trainer totally rocks.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're making me blush.
Now that the rar file has been cracked, it seems like a good time for an update. Wink

Quote:
The Theta is similar to an Egyptian symbol that represents the Sun, and the Mu was derived from the Egyptian hieroglyphic symbol for water. So the Sun equals Ra...and the water equals Naunet? Or maybe Poseidon? When combined this "watcher" symbol establishes that the Order rules and watches over all that exists in between.

megs229
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much! And I totally agree.....Trainer rocks!!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: