Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tachyon video "Gemma? [Part II]" [12/12/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inigo wrote:
I'm gonna post this in Capital letters otherwise no one will see it.

GEMMA IS LIKE LANDO CALRISSIAN. SHE IS AN OLD FRIEND WHO HAS BEEN COERCED BY THE ORDER TO BETRAY HER OLD FRIEND. SHE HAS NO OTHER CHOICE. IN TIME SHE WILL END UP SAVING HER.

i still keep going back to the fact that bree said her only friend in england was a dog. not a girl and her dog.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooo thats cool, i love tachyon

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
jub976
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gemma looks awfully relaxed in these videos for someone who is being coerced.

if she's been evil the whole time it also explains why she said she was going to do some research but then never revealed anything except for that watcher symbol.

maybe when she said she thought she was being followed by a watcher it was just to gain bree's trust.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jub976 wrote:
gemma looks awfully relaxed in these videos for someone who is being coerced.

if she's been evil the whole time it also explains why she said she was going to do some research but then never revealed anything except for that watcher symbol.

maybe when she said she thought she was being followed by a watcher it was just to gain bree's trust.

I think she is trying to get help from Lucy...or is being trained for the ceremony.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand how it makes sense for Gemma to be taking the spot in the ceremony. It makes no sense. If it was that easy, there'd be no story and no running. I don't think it's plausible. I do think it's plausible that Gemma is in a role like Lucy's or at least is training to be in a role like Lucy's.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone think i have a shot with tachyon? Smile

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:

No.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:

Try Lucy. Tach's too clever. =P

BA Tells Lies.

ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought from the first that gemma was contacted by the order after bree started having doubts. they went for the closest thing bree had for a friend, which was only an acquaintance, (her only friend was a dog) but was the best they could do. she tried to impress upon bree that she really MUST go through with the ceremony. some thought that meant gemma was helping because what gemma really meant was "they are bad and will do something to you if you don't". bree was always like "yeah, thanks, gemma" as if she didn't want to say "and why are you suddenly my friend?"
really these two seem to barely tolerate each other. (yes i know they're friends in real life)
LONGTIMELURKER
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegawoman wrote:
Talezine wrote:
What we do know about Gemma:

Her family was in the order once.

She knew of a girl and family that went against the order and "disappeared" (Oddly enough, the same thing that happened to Rose's parents? Was this a veiled threat at the time...or a warning?)

She told us of the watchers, and shared their symbols with us (however...how odd is it that such a tight order was so easily tricked by Gemma's use of a pseudonym when getting access to their books).

She told us an odd story about a band and a bad date that really was not the analogy she was making it out to be.

Also a tie in at the OpAphid thread is that Tach is the sister of the family that disappeared- the family Gemma spoke of.

BUT we have to remmebr she is a LYER!! SO it is possible that ALL the above info could be false too!! Shocked Mad Very Happy
erolyn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...come on, somebody in the Order had to be watching Bree on YouTube. And Gemma did bring up OpAphid...

So I guess I'm not surprised.

But...um...Gemma telling Bree and Daniel to go home + Gemma being evil + Daniel going home = ...Daniel's in big trouble.

Run away, Daniel!
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericski wrote:
she tried to impress upon bree that she really MUST go through with the ceremony.

I've still never understood where some people got that impression. Bree was going all "I'm going to tell them that I don't want to go through with it" as though that's all there'd be to it (which she did actually believe; two videos later, Bree said "I think that my parents have been members of the community now for long enough that if they say I don't have to do something, there'll be no discussion. I'm -- I'm pretty sure of that"). Then she was told "I don't think you're taking this seriously enough," "It's not your decision to make," and "Even though I wasn't picked for the ceremony like you were, it hasn't been easy for me to be independent" -- followed by the story about Sam and Gemma's psycho mom.

It was so obvious that she was saying "You're being naive."

ericksi wrote:
some thought that meant gemma was helping because what gemma really meant was "they are bad and will do something to you if you don't".

What we said was more like they aren't going to ask Bree if she wants to do it. They're just going to tell her what she has to do, and then try coercing her into it if she refuses. Which definitely fits the context, whereas "I totally endorse you doing the ceremony and encourage you to go through with it" doesn't.

We still don't yet know what's up with Gemma in the present, but what we were getting back then was certainly not "Ceremonies with people who keep kids from having a life are fun!"

ericksi wrote:
bree was always like "yeah, thanks, gemma" as if she didn't want to say "and why are you suddenly my friend?"
really these two seem to barely tolerate each other. (yes i know they're friends in real life)

Whoa, where did that come from? I'm not sensing any animosity from Bree in this perky greeting. And this was at a time when Bree was feeling like crap too, yet the video was still pretty perky.

Maybe you're referring to this video, but I don't see any claws there either. I just see Bree sounding dopey and naive. And then in this video (the only other Bree response to Gemma I know of off-hand) we learn that Bree and Daniel spent a lot of time taking Gemma's advice when the suggestion came that they were being followed. Bree even spent longer at it than Daniel, and then thanked her for the advice with a light voice and big smile.

Heck, for that matter, Bree was the one to panic when she thought a Watcher (a concept that Gemma had brought to B&D's attention) was outside their room. I'm not seeing an antagonistic relationship between those two at all. We don't get anything that even suggests annoyance until Gemma's "Bad Decisions" video, and that's after the point that consensus began to turn to Gemma being compromised.

Last edited by Lurker on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erolyn wrote:
Well...come on, somebody in the Order had to be watching Bree on YouTube. And Gemma did bring up OpAphid...

But...um...Gemma telling Bree and Daniel to go home + Gemma being evil + Daniel going home = ...Daniel's in big trouble.

Run away, Daniel!

Yeah but I bet her bring up OpAphid is just the OpAphid version for those people not following Tach and Op's videos. It was just their way to tie everyone in.

BA Tells Lies.

Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of your post...but I thought that Bree said she had no choice. She obviously has no choice. After her parents talked to the Deacons...they were very sad...I can't remember which video that was, exactly...but I don't think they just "let her off the hook" on the ceremony.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
erolyn wrote:

Run away, Daniel!

Yeah but I bet her bring up OpAphid is just the OpAphid version for those people not following Tach and Op's videos. It was just their way to tie everyone in.

Totally agree. Things have to tie in...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: