Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chat/Forum Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the handiness of chat, it's not that. Just. Never mind.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I just think you are missing the point, entirely.

Do we have suggestions for how to change this? We aren't anti forums, hell Panda and I were running ourselves ragged to keep the forum threads updated during these matching puzzles. We want you guys to play the game too. If you have ideas to solve the problem we'll play ball. But again, I think a lot of solves happen over here as well and the persception is skewed.

Things can change if we have directed action. Things will remain status quo if all we hear is nebulous displeasure. Things work for us and for some others on the fourm as well. If we're happy we will stay happy. If you're upset we will try to make you happy but we can't understand your problem to solve it so tell us.
Watch Keeper
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.

I undersand that some are upset about the chat room / thread involvement. I can sympathize since I don't have time to sit on a chat room and complete these clues.

That in mind, if you would like to discuss this more...it really should be in the "general discussion" area, as this thread is being hijacked.

Now back on target....

Deagol...does this ring have any solutions to the TINY URL...anyone see any connections to the ring and what we have seen in these pictures?
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
...Case in point, see Deagol's post there, he's not in the chat now and he may have independently cracked this puzzle (which I think he has)...

I do my best puzzling off the chat. Seriously.

I sometimes go there for fresh ideas and to learn of the drops first hand, but it's quite a task trying to keep up with 2 or 3 simultaneous conversations. Now, when I have my own ideas and want to develop them the chat doesn't help me much, it's too distracting.

Oh tiger, thanks for the confidence, but I'm not too sure if that cracks it. Let's see what Tach throws at us next.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just maybe a clearer place to post any pertinent info that has been discussed or come about in chat. That way, we won't constantly be told "that was solved in chat", etc. Yes, most people are very nice about informing us that something has already been solved in chat. That was never an accusation. However, not everyone is like that. Some are very condescending to the point of saying we should basically not bother with the forum and join chat. Not an option. See what I mean? I never said EVERYONE or anythign like that. This was spurred by a remark, the events today...and a few other things not necessarily Opa related regarding chat. Just...maybe a more cohesive place for the chat info. These forums can get confusing as it is with so many things going on, know what I mean? It's hard to see that on page 9 of a 15 page thread something was solved in chat, it's easy to miss.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:
...Case in point, see Deagol's post there, he's not in the chat now and he may have independently cracked this puzzle (which I think he has)...

I sometimes go there for fresh ideas and to learn of the drops first hand, but it's quite a task trying to keep up with 2 or 3 simultaneous conversations. Now, when I have my own ideas and want to develop them the chat doesn't help me much, it's too distracting.

Oh tiger, thanks for the confidence, but I'm not too sure if that cracks it. Let's see what Tach throws at us next.

i think your awesome Smile lol

so has your crack come up with anything

(hahaa your crack Laughing )

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
deagol wrote:
tigerlilylynn wrote:

i think your awesome Smile lol

so has your crack come up with anything

(hahaa your crack Laughing )

You crackhead. Laughing

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Just maybe a clearer place to post any pertinent info that has been discussed or come about in chat. That way, we won't constantly be told "that was solved in chat", etc. Yes, most people are very nice about informing us that something has already been solved in chat. That was never an accusation. However, not everyone is like that. Some are very condescending to the point of saying we should basically not bother with the forum and join chat. Not an option. See what I mean? I never said EVERYONE or anythign like that. This was spurred by a remark, the events today...and a few other things not necessarily Opa related regarding chat. Just...maybe a more cohesive place for the chat info. These forums can get confusing as it is with so many things going on, know what I mean? It's hard to see that on page 9 of a 15 page thread something was solved in chat, it's easy to miss.

I would like to add i never said everyone either. i made it clear that I said SOME chat members not all. I love a lot of you chat guys. I just feel that there are a select few who come on here and act very... ot headed. like i said in my post in the tread aboout this in concerns and complaints, it may just be their personality to act like that, but the only reason people can come up with, and that makes sense to them, us that these hot head-ed peope feel above people.
I'm sure that there re chat members that feel the same way about some forum members though. So i think its just miscommunication

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

What's the benefit of identifying anything as "solved in the chat"? I don't see the point of that. Instead, it would just accentuate the perceived division between chat people/forum people, which is simply personal preference and meaningless to the puzzles/game.

Tiger, is it possible to break this thread and move the off topic posts to General Discussion? That would be awesome.

Last edited by deagol on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: ~ Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

What's the benefit of identifying anything as "solved in the chat"? I don't see the point of that. Instead, it would just accentuate the perceived division between chat people/forum people, which is simply personal preference and meaningless to the puzzles/game.

because a lot of this sentiment is spurred by being told that it was already accomplished in chat...and we didn't know?

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright..,

back to the puzzle!

what has your crack solved D

tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

Sorry sug, it's finals in my house and the bf is on a stress rampage..it's contagious.

We'd like this place to be more streamlined too but we're unsure as to how to do that. The population here is getting massive and the puzzles have come fast and heavy. Rather than lumping "this was in chat" things together we've been lumping be relevant puzzle/vid/drop in hopes that if you're interested in a particular topic you won't have to slog thru the rest to get there. I think that the chat oldbies were extra agressive at the begining of canon becuase the same things were asked a million times and as of late the snark "been there done thats" have come from newer members that aren't even big chatters just those sorts that like to feel smart by making people feel dumb.

Let's do this. If people come outta chat and are rudely telling people "noob, step off the greatness" PM me and I'll stomp them. If they are trying just to go, "don't bother with the dictionary attack, we did that" then that might feel hurtful but isn't much different than another forum member who isn't in chat saying "I already tried all the tags".
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: ~ Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
deagol wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

because a lot of this sentiment is spurred by being told that it was already accomplished in chat...and we didn't know?

I must have missed that.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
alright..,

back to the puzzle!

what has your crack solved D

Nothing yet, really... do you understand the decoder ring thing?

Yay! we broke off, thank you Tiger!
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, my "crack" got moved here too Sad lol
Should I repost it there Tiger?

Last edited by deagol on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: