Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chat/Forum Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to make the point clearer to the people who don't understand

someone out of the blue said people need to stop posting on the forums, and go into the chat, because that is where everything is getting solved.
On top of that someone also said that something had already been solved i nthe chat, yet on search for the solution or a discussion of the solution on the forums came up empty.

All anyone asked for was a better protocol on how to post on the forums what was happening in the chat, as things were getting lsot in comunnication.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
windsong
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get over it. The reason people from the chat are upset is because it's frustrating to put work into making sure that the forum is updated from the chat and do everything possible to make sure everyone is included. I'm sorry that you can't get into the chat, but there's really nothing we can do about it. If you can't get in, you can't get in. If irc chat is blocked on your computer, other chats will be blocked too. We aren't going to abandon the chat. It can be entertaining to discuss strip monopoly between clues at 2am in the morning.

I'm sorry if you feel left out or ignored, but there really isn't anything we can do to fix it. Maybe if we started threads in general discussion about strip monopoly you would really understand what it is like to be in the chat?

But really, this complaint is old. I personally don't want to hear it any more.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....... Oy.

Okay, I'm going to skip all the flame bait comments that I want to say and just make a point about the 20-pg threads that are a mess to get through.

Tiger and I have been very dilligent about updating the FIRST POST IN EACH BIG PUZZLE THREAD with the things that have been solved, how they have been solved, and what we think that might mean. I don't think a lot of people realize that, they just skip to the last page.

So if you're working on a puzzle and can't get into the chat, everything that is solved/discussed/being worked on will almost always be summarized in that post.

With that being said, when you are the first to post about something like that, don't be suprised when we jack your thread. Twisted Evil

Now, with that being said ....

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE DRAMA ON THESE TYPES OF THREADS. IF I HAVE TO READ ONE MORE FLAME-BAIT POST ABOUT CHAT VS. FORUM TOPICS I WILL SMITE YOU ALL WITH MY POTATO SMASHER.

I would also like to point out that most of us don't like the setup of the LG15 chats. We have worked in #operationaphid for months and have it down to a fine science. The mods on that chat are amazing and we are able to get ALOT of work done there (sometimes -- even that is getting very crazy lately).

There is an OpAphid room on the LG15 chat. If can use that and not the #operationaphid on IRC, then use it. Apparently, there's enough of you to have your own discussion about the puzzles.

The ladies and I work very hard to streamline the information in these forums, but the traffic is INCREDIBLE. But I must say, we handle it with the grace and agility that only us fine speicimen's can manage. Wink

Ways you can make a difference:
* STOP QUOTING 10 PAGES OF TEXT ONLY TO SAY LOL.
* DON'T POST A QUESTION THAT HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED. IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER, PM AN OPERATOR.
* STOP HAVING TWO-PERSON CONVERSATIONS IN THREADS. IF YOU'RE TALKING TO ONE PERSON ONLY, PM THEM.

Panda the bear says, "Only you can prevent forum fires!"

Oh yeah ... and step off my greatness. (Tiger's so funny.)

Can we please stop the fighting now? If you want to post a suggestion about ways to improve the forum/chat interaction, that's splendid. But one more insinuation from ANYONE (passive-aggresssive or otherwise) will get this thread locked.

'Cause that's how I roll.

[EDIT -- Can't spell! I fail at life.]

Last edited by Sad Panda on Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss."
--Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights.

Razz
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsong wrote:
Get over it. The reason people from the chat are upset is because it's frustrating to put work into making sure that the forum is updated from the chat and do everything possible to make sure everyone is included. I'm sorry that you can't get into the chat, but there's really nothing we can do about it. If you can't get in, you can't get in. If irc chat is blocked on your computer, other chats will be blocked too. We aren't going to abandon the chat. It can be entertaining to discuss strip monopoly between clues at 2am in the morning.

I'm sorry if you feel left out or ignored, but there really isn't anything we can do to fix it. Maybe if we started threads in general discussion about strip monopoly you would really understand what it is like to be in the chat?

But really, this complaint is old. I personally don't want to hear it any more.

If you don't want to hear it...then why bother reading it? Besides, soemthing can be done...but if you want to reinforce why the issue was brought up, by all means, people...keep going.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA

a potato smasher!!!

lurvers you panda

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss."

Razz

Quite possibly the best line of the whole thread.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
deagol wrote:

Razz

Quite possibly the best line of the whole thread.

hhahahaha i agree...

not only the best line in this thread...i think its the best line posted

surrealisticpill
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:

someone out of the blue said people need to stop posting on the forums, and go into the chat, because that is where everything is getting solved.
On top of that someone also said that something had already been solved i nthe chat, yet on search for the solution or a discussion of the solution on the forums came up empty.

All anyone asked for was a better protocol on how to post on the forums what was happening in the chat, as things were getting lsot in comunnication.

I think the 'Operators' , and other chat members as well, do an excellent job of keeping the forums up to date and well organized. Since the chat is live, if puzzles are solved there, the forums will always be a little bit behind. Nothing we can do about that. Sorry. Everything ends up the forums in a timely manner.
FallingIntoSin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:

Razz

That's my new sig, Deagol, ty Smile
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss." --Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surrealisticpill wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:

I think the 'Operators' , and other chat members as well, do an excellent job of keeping the forums up to date and well organized. Since the chat is live, if puzzles are solved there, the forums will always be a little bit behind. Nothing we can do about that. Sorry. Everything ends up the forums in a timely manner.

oh i know i stated that earlier. I'm just clearing up some confussion.
As well...to clear up some confussion beause it seems like I've apparently became to desgnated drama starter

I DIDN'T START THIS THREAD!!!!

lol

i just made the same old comment that apparently lead to the drama.

as I usually do....i have to learn to stop digging my graves...i think I have .. what Nine dug now.

Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panda, can you lock this thread please? We just keep going around and around in the same idiotic circle.
Sad Panda
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I gotta say -- this has gone too far. I'm locking it up, foos.

If you have anything VALID AND THOUGHTFUL to say on the issue, PM me or Tiger.

......... No, penislawl doesn't count.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: