Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Can "See" "What" "Where"??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Who Can "See" "What" "Where"?? Reply with quote

Edited to reflect information given below:

OK, I am a little confused about the whole communication path...

I would like input on which characters can see what videos, phorums, chatrooms, etc. It seems as if we don't have this answer then we are ripe for even more plot holes.

Please do not include conjecture or wishful thinking, I am talking about CANON!

I will start:

Bree can currently "see" Daniel's vids on YT or here at the mothership.

Daniel can currently "see" Jonas' videos and Bree posting from the "mansion".

All three of the above characters can "see" Gemma's videos.

All three of the above characters can "view" the phorums and chatrooms.

Gemma can "see" all the vids and can "view" the phorums and chatrooms.

OpAhid and Tachyon can "see" the videos posted by Gemma, Jonas, Bree, and Daniel.

Bree's Parents do not "see" YT or "view" the phorum.

That's as far as I know right now, I am sure there are more CANON instances. Please provide additional ones in the format above, using the verbs "view" and "see" for the respective communication paths.

ETA: I am sure some of the responses will generate debate. If your response is the least bit debatable, please provide a reference documenting it as canon. Thanks!

Last edited by curiousGeorge on Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CiW isn't canon.

NBR isn't confirmed canon (but generally considered affiliated).
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And forum is spelled with an "f"

Sad Ah, for the good old days. Sad
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Nightmare wrote:

The original message board created by Boris Bukanator ( a character of one of the original creative team) was called the Phorum. Sorry, I am an old school fan, #7 on this version of the phorum, and old habits are hard to break. I suggest you read the excellent LGPedia for further reference before jumping in.

Back OT please..
Dee
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume EVERYONE can "see" videos and and comment "respond" in forums or on youtube.
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

covedweller wrote:
CiW isn't canon.

NBR isn't confirmed canon (but generally considered affiliated).

Thanks, that is correct.
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee wrote:
I would assume EVERYONE can "see" videos and and comment "respond" in forums or on youtube.

No "assumptions". Canon. Please.
Psychojenny48
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have asked that question before - I don't think anyone knows for sure who can see what where. It would really clear things up if you find out though, so let me know!
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea for a compilation, cg.

-- i guess jonas and daniel can see tachyon, right? jonas saw the footage of gemma with lucy from tachyon. daniel was tipped off about the bug in his car from tachyon. i scratch my head a bit on this one, because in reality i think both jonas and daniel would be wondering who the hell tachyon is and where she is getting her information from.

-- both bree and gemma have mentioend the term "opaphid" but not in the context of the opaphid videos, so nothing definitive there

-- bree's dad cannot see youtube. according to an early bree video, he has no clue about the internet/youtube (i don't recall her exact quote)

-- lucy and see daniel's videos. this is also subject to debate, because lucy could have known daniel from following them from seeing him following, OR from seeing the videos of him following her.

-- is NBR canonized yet?
AniDonia
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic!

This is my take:

Canon: Bree, Daniel, Gemma, Jonas, OpAphid, Tachyon

Bree can definitely see (confirmed):
Daniel
Gemma
Jonas
??Tachyon??

Bree has not confirmed/cannot see/may not be aware of:
OpAphid (cannot see that her and Daniel's rooms are bugged)
?? Tachyon ?? (Again, depends whether Jonas was contacted directly or saw through her video)

Daniel can definitely see (confirmed):
Bree
Gemma
Jonas

Daniel has not confirmed/cannot see/may not be aware of:
OpAphid (Cannot see that his room is bugged)
?? Tachyon ?? (when he said she told him his car was bugged, he only said she got in touch with him, not through YouTube. Depends whether Jonas saw the clip on her video, or was sent it directly)

Gemma (confirmed):
Bree
Daniel
Jonas

Gemma not confirmed etc.:
OpAphid
Tachyon

Jonas has (now here is the tricky part):
Bree
Daniel
Gemma
?? Tachyon ?? (did he get that footage from her video, or did she personally send it to him?)

Jonas has not seen/confirmed:
OpAphid (cannot see/warn daniel that his room is bugged)
?? Tachyon ??

I have not followed OpAphid or Tachyon enough to say for sure, but I'm assuming they can see all the core characters' videos, plus each others'? Or can OpAphid see only the core characters but not Tachy's, and Tachy can see everyone's?

- Because none of the characters are warning Daniel not to go home/stay at home because there are cameras in his room, I am assuming that none of the characters are aware of OpAphid's videos.

- If Jonas indeed saw Tachyon's video on YouTube instead of being sent it by Tachyon (a la Daniel being contacted to be told his car is bugged), then obstensibly Bree and Daniel can see Tachyon's too.

- If Gemma was working for the Order all along, does it mean she is aware of OpAphid's videos? Does that mean the Lucy/Deacon branch of the Order has been watching Bree and Daniel's videos all along?

- Sometimes not acknowledging videos does not mean they *can't* see them. It may simply mean they are not aware of them (yet). They may also not be aware that they are being watched by someone they don't want, but can be made aware of it later.

- Bree and Daniel may be aware that the Order can watch all of their videos because they are in the public domain, but they don't care, or because they depend too much on the support/help of their internet friends (us)

- If OpAphid began by taunting CiW, what is the status of CiW? OpAphid is canon and it acknowledges CiW, but CiW is considered fanfiction. I think perhaps CiW is more pseudo-fanfiction, and maybe canonically, its Cassie is not Bree's Cassie, but another Cassie that really was killed by the Order.
AniDonia
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, additionally:

Every character can see the "in character" comments to their own videos. These are the ones that talk directly to the character as if they are real. They cannot see the plot discussion comments.

Every character can read the character interaction posts in their own interaction section of the forum section. They cannot read the character discussions/plot discussion sections of the forum.
gigglingmonk
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been under the impression that all canon characters can see the video responses, and wasn't the tachyon video that Jonas mentioned a video response?
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milo and AniDonia, thanks for the good information.

Milo, you are correct. It has been longstanding canon that Bree's parents do not watch YT and can not see her or DB's vids. Kind of moot at this point, or is it....

AniDonia, you have addressed the meat of the issue as it were. ( Oh, and triple monkey bonus points for using the word "ostensibly" in a phorum post. Yay vocabulary )

I think there is much confusion about the ARG related elements and how they relate to the non-ARG characters. This is the area where the writers need to tread carefully to negate crys of "foul". (Not that I would ever do that Wink )

As of now, it is clear that DB and Bree can not "see" the OpAphid vids because they would realize that his room and her home were bugged. This is "fine" (although of course, nonsensical in practice) as long as the the writers stick to this and explain any deviation from this...

I don't have the energy to wade through The Bree Chat transcripts, but was OpAhid or Tachyon mentioned while they were in the "room"? If not, why not? If so, then they are aware of them and could possibly see the videos.

This stuff makes my poor monkey brain hurt...
SharpI
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curiousGeorge wrote:
Milo and AniDonia, thanks for the good information.

Ditto, and thanks to you too, CG.

curiousGeorge wrote:
This stuff makes my poor monkey brain hurt...

I am a little less forgiving, actually. I think it is very bad form for the Creators to make us try to puzzle this stuff out. It's gotta be REALLY off-putting for newbies. If the Creators are pondering on ways to grow the viewership, clearing this up might be a good place to start.
Beautiful Nightmare
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curiousGeorge wrote:
Beautiful Nightmare wrote:

The original message board created by Boris Bukanator ( a character of one of the original creative team) was called the Phorum. Sorry, I am an old school fan, #7 on this version of the phorum, and old habits are hard to break. I suggest you read the excellent LGPedia for further reference before jumping in.

Back OT please..

Rolling Eyes

Sad Ah, for the good old days. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: