Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIP Bree's Dad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my "too-much-coffee" take on the video. I think that maybe playing Op has made me suspect all sorts of sneaky things, but I don't think that her dad has died. I think that it was all part of an elaborate plan. I'm still working on the details of why they might do this, so forgive me for not backing up my assumptions with any lame details.

As for the mention of hearing the report on a police scanner, that really isn't all that trustworthy of a source, now is it? Bree herself mentioned that the influence of the Order stretches long and has members in the police. So how hard would it be, if the Order is as all-powerful as we've been led to believe, for them to have a fake report/bulliten come across the scanner?
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True..if they think he is dead from merely hearing something, how can they be so certain what they heard wasn't a lie?

I assume that even though we didn't see much, maybe they saw more than what was shown in the video. Also, if they saw him being shot, he could have been shot somewhere specific...such as in the head..that would kill him instanty.

But maybe Bree's father isn't dead...but for this point in the story, I think we are supposed to believe he is.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
butterfly
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I've seen some people debate that Bree faked her father's death, but you are saying it's the reverse - that The Order is faking Bree's dad's death?

Quite possible. It would be a great way for The Order to encourage Bree to come back to them for fear of losing another loved one...

I think you may be right.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The order pulling off a scheme like that is much more believable than Bree and company doing it. I think I'm pretty well thinking like BA on this issue. Whether or not he's really dead, we are supposed to believe he is. Plus...they obviously saw much more than we did in a very edited video, ya know. I mean, they were there, we saw shaky footage. It's hard for us to say, we have to go on the characters words for now and wait for another video.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Bree and her bookends would be smart enough to cook up a scheme like this (hello? Daniel posted a video of him breaking into someone's apartment. Not rocket scientists, any of them). Always playing in the back of my brain is Bree explaining how her parents met (showing that her mother is one very intelligent woman) and Gemma saying how Bree's mother was very important in the community. I just don't see her parents totally turning their backs on their religion, and way of life, because their spoiled, and slightly immature, child decides to have a change of heart. When they left with the Deacon, neither of them looked particularly scared or nervous. Just the opposite, they seemed very calm. I'm not sure why the Order would go to such elaborate means to try and get Bree back into the fold, but they do work in their own way.
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola...you I think are my new hero!

"Bree and her bookends"

So perfect on so many levels!

And I am right with you on your theory.

One thing is for certain. There is NO way ANYone has been killed. A tragedy like that would be way too traumatizing for the fragile and sensitive LG audience.

In addition, there are WAY too many problems connected with the death of a character. Granted, we are all willing to suspend (suspend like a bridge across the bay!) reality for the sake of the story, but it really would be too much to expect (please tellme it is TOO much) us to simply move on from the shooting without the authorities getting involved and a LOT of questions being asked and the new "Mod Squad" (sorry if that's before your time)skipping away without LA's finest catching up with them

oh and yeah...right after my parents died I went surfing
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, even if no one really died, I believe at this point that Daniel, Bree, and Jonas believes that her dad has died.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally caught your Mod Squad reference, Taig. Not before my time at all! And I agree with your theory that the police wouldn't be all over that like stink on poop.

And, BA, your right in saying that the Three Musketeers (the Goofy, Donald and Mickey Mouse version Laughing ) believe that he really has died. Due to intense amounts of fear, they didn't stick around (I wouldn't either) and so they never got to see what happened after the infamous shot.
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel too bad about "Bree's Dad" --- hewas either a clone or a robot of the original
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: