Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naughty bits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckers wrote:
the words bitch and shit and bullshit are spoken on television ALLLL the time now.

I thought (correct me if I'm wrong) that shows are allowed a certain number of each words, like "bitch" is only allowed once during a show or something? Depending on if they're on before or after 9:00? I remember reading an article about Charlie (on Lost)'s heroin use and that they weren't allowed to actually show him shooting up, or something along those lines.
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure of the rules but I've seen it happen a lot and even during the day.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
so BK ... if i say SPANK ME....is that pg13?

hee...I think that's ok, but it may require PMs and videos of stripper poles! Wink
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:

hee...I think that's ok, but it may require PMs and videos of stripper poles! Wink

LMAO.....see, even the Admin isn't offended by stripper poles. IN FACT, he encourages them! Wink
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luv2Skydive wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:

LMAO.....see, even the Admin isn't offended by stripper poles. IN FACT, he encourages them! Wink

exsactly!!!!!

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckers wrote:
I'm not sure of the rules but I've seen it happen a lot and even during the day.

Yeah I just saw a commercial for something on VH1 that had "bitch" in it. And this is at 4:00 on a Sat. afternoon.

Luv2Skydive wrote:

One of the many reasons why BK rawks. Smile
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love stripper poles! Great way to work out!
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is stupid to censor words with *'s . What's the difference between seeing "fucking" or seeing "f**king" when you know it means fucking. I say, if you don't want swearing, then delete the whole fucking post, that has swearing in it, or don't censor at all. But masked swearing doesn't fool anyone, so please, just stop doing it.
Onewen
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it at all possible to agree on specific "off limit" words...my Pastor saw this forum on my computer screen...and blushed at some of the things he saw!

Then I blushed! Embarassed

(also ... a good reminder to NOT watch LG forums at church!) Crying or Very sad *hangs head*

edit to say: In retrospect, I doubt it is possible to form a "list" ... everyone is so different...and this is a public arena where all opinions are welcome...boy, I wish I hadn't been "caught" haha!
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onewen wrote:
Is it at all possible to agree on specific "off limit" words...my Pastor saw this forum on my computer screen...and blushed at some of the things he saw!

Then I blushed! Embarassed

(also ... a good reminder to NOT watch LG forums at church!) Crying or Very sad *hangs head*

edit to say: In retrospect, I doubt it is possible to form a "list" ... everyone is so different...and this is a public arena where all opinions are welcome...boy, I wish I hadn't been "caught" haha!

why do we need a list at all, I don't see how people get so hung up over words. Words are just words and only carry the meaning we give them. It's funny how the some of people can get bent out of shape by "bad words", but at the same time have no problem with discussions about war murder and hatred and bigotry.

After all which is worse, saying "church is fucking boring" or saying "those {Christians/Blacks/Arabs/Communists} should be shot"
Onewen
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...inasmuch as I probably can't convince someone that some words may be offensive, you may not be able to convince someone they aren't...

...exactly why I said a "list" is probably not possible. This is a public arena...it probably wouldn't be right to "censor" people from sharing their opinions, etc. Anyone (including myself) who may be concerned about what they are viewing should use caution when reading/posting here.

I for one love this forum and have no intention of stopping! I always like to see the different perspectives and personalities that show up here...haha...especially when they don't match mine! Cool

One of the many great things about the 1st Ammendment! *waves flag*
Luv2Skydive
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used fucking in a post last night. Eeek! It does need to be all or nothing, for sure. So should profanity be allowed if it's in context and not just for the sake of shock or to be perverse or insulting....and how would the admins go about deciding that? Confused
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate to get into this discussion, but I guess I will anyhow. The way people chose their words has little to do with First Amendment rights to free speech. First Amendments rights are a part of the US Constitution, so people don't have to hide their political, religious, etc. affiliations without fear of being killed as is the case in many places around the world. (See this post by HyeMew for an example.) It allows the press to ask government representatives tough questions without fear of being kidnapped at gunpoint and murdered for sharing information with the world. It allows artists in this country, not to be deported for what they create. And the list continues. Swearing is not a right. It is a choice of words.

If people choose to use swear words, I suppose it is their choice. Swear words do tend to be rather cliche, however. When used in posts to demonstrate frustration, it usually means that someone is too tongue-tied or upset to weigh his/her words well. Certainly, not in all cases. It all seems to come down to how people choose to express themselves. Some people say it shows little class to swear. Others feel like swearing is just personal expression. It really is up to the individual. My personal belief is that when cuss words are used just because they can be used, that is pretty weak. It reminds me of being in the fourth grade when my friends and I used to whisper swear words at recess. We felt mighty powerful with our new words.

However, some words like the compound 'kick-ass ' is a fabulous adjective, but I only use it in certain company. (Some folks find "ass" offensive -people like me, for example, if that word were ever to come flying out of the mouths of my fourth grade daughters.) My favorite cuss word, although it is not really a swear word, but rather a derivative of the 'f-word' is 'frickin' ' not 'freakin'' or 'friggin''. Just 'frickin'' with the hard 'c' sound. When I was a teen, working at a chowder shack, my boss always used that word. I love that word. But I digress.

If one means to offend others, one will always find a way. Especially on a board like this where the written word is our only means of communication. It just comes down to courtesy , how we as users want to express ourselves and how we feel like sharing our word-selves with others.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, when I asked for a comment by the mods about a word I felt was deeply offensive (before bk's time, not placing any blame here at all) it was not only completely ignored by all the admin, but I was jumped on by many forum members (and supported by many as well, I must add) who started screaming at that thought of censoring a word. (This was a word that people were calling each other.)

Either there needs to be a broader range of what people find truly offensive (this word ranks up there with n****r, spic and kyke in my opinion), or there needs to be a blanket uncensoring of words.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i can say is that I'm dieing for a sexytime scene in LG15

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: