Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If Gemma's the enemy, why is she warning Bree?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrokenBliss
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: If Gemma's the enemy, why is she warning Bree? Reply with quote

So we've found out Gemma apparently isn't on Bree's side. In Gemma's video "They Disappeared" she tells Bree a story about another family that went through with the ceremony. If she's supposed to be trying to make sure Bree does go through with it, why would she try to scare her instead?

Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere else, it's hard to read everything Smile
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first it seemed like she was trying to intimidate Bree, like "it's not your decision" etc.

But then again we don't know what her strategy might have been. It seemed like she tried just about everything, actually.
yoruba
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it really is strange that Gemma warns her about the ceremony.
The Order actually wants Bree to take part.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people believed Gemma didn't want to hurt Bree and so through her messages she displayed guilt (the dying rose). Although she tried to tell Bree she had no choice in performing the ceremony, she might have at the same time been trying to warn her against it. Due to her involvment in the order, she was forced to befriend Bree and pretend to act as if on her side.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
covedweller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Gemma was doing that to go with Bree's fears and get Bree to trust her.

Ultimately it seems like The Order wanted her to go home, and even the room break-in makes sense since it should have prompted them to go home once they had no money.

I don't know what it means, but there have been a few instances now where it's not clear why a Watcher or The Order isn't just throwing Bree in a car.

There's got to be something to it. At first I suspected it was a plot hole, but it's become a pattern with these lines they don't cross or the different ways they go about things.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the Order have people all over the world and when the Order say "jump" they stop their lives and do so.

Gemma probably was going to her university in the UK, la de la de da, and then the Order contacted her.

She was probably the only one who had some kind of relation to Bree, since Bree has been homeschooled and away from the "community" for so long.

Remember, Bree was friends with Gemma's dog...not Gemma.

Gemma then tried to befriend Bree by talking to her about the ceremony and how she needed to do it...and she definately urged them to go home...but it seems like throughout those videos she showed guilt by double talking herself and telling stories about the people that defied the orders wishes or ways.

To answer the original question, Gemma was most likely trying to scare Bree into the ceremony so the order would get their way, but at the same time maybe she was trying to warn her.

BA Tells Lies.

Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has also been much discussion about the fact that Bree may have to perform the ceremony of her own free will. So having the Watchers (whose job, by their very name, is to watch) suddenly turn into Snatchers and take Bree would totally invalidate the ceremony.

I don't think that our lovely Gemma was ever in the UK and was simply using that as a smokescreen to lull Bree into a false sense of security. Her job was to win Bree's trust, either by playing off of her fears, or instilling new ones so that Bree had no one else to turn to. Once she had Bree's trust, she would then start bringing her back into the Order.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. She was never in the UK...forgot about Tach's video when he was following her...duhh. lol.

BA Tells Lies.

Ganesha
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gemma was in the UK (at least long enough for her 'fling' with Sebastian/Brother), but got redeployed to the States thereafter.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Gemma was in the UK for her fling with Brother, but the entire time she has been conversing with Bree, I believe she has been in the US.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
Yeah, Gemma was in the UK for her fling with Brother, but the entire time she has been conversing with Bree, I believe she has been in the US.

yea i'm pretty sure that is what we've found out.
plus nthe reason she'd be warning bree is because she wants bree to trust her. She wants bree to trust her enough to follow her advice. And when the time was right she would tell bree..."Go Home." When she knew exsactly that the order was looking for her.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BrokenBliss
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I'd think that the primary objective is to keep Bree moving forward towards doing the ceremony, rather than getting her to trust Gemma. Getting her to trust who she thinks belongs to the order would seem to make more sense, that's what makes me wonder why Gemma would make such a huge mistake to convince Bree to reject the ceremony out of fear. Trusting Gemma and then thinking the ceremony is a bad thing, doesn't seem like a very logical strategy.

Ziola wrote:
There has also been much discussion about the fact that Bree may have to perform the ceremony of her own free will. So having the Watchers (whose job, by their very name, is to watch) suddenly turn into Snatchers and take Bree would totally invalidate the ceremony.

This is a very interesting theory. I haven't heard of that discussion yet but as you can see, I have been 'suspiciously absent.' Anyway, that could lead to a really interesting plot.
mikael
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only saw a video of Gemma with Lucy...what if Lucy or some other Order members found out Gemma was trying to help Bree, so they went and took her, and Gemma went quietly because they knew what the Order could do?
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikael wrote:
We only saw a video of Gemma with Lucy...what if Lucy or some other Order members found out Gemma was trying to help Bree, so they went and took her, and Gemma went quietly because they knew what the Order could do?

No way...from watching Tach's videos...we know for sure that Gemma was never really on Bree's side.

BA Tells Lies.

Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobackspacebutton wrote:
mikael wrote:

No way...from watching Tach's videos...we know for sure that Gemma was never really on Bree's side.

How exactly do we know Gemma was NEVER on bree's side. I tend to disagree....I think it changed part way through her videos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: